Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Listen, I've been duped by "English-speaking" pizza places before.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I Get a Witness?  (Read 12614 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Can I Get a Witness?
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2004, 12:27:08 am »

Okay, my 2-disc mix, which is essentially "Happy" and "Sad," is going out on Monday or so. I'm sending to Flenker, sjlimmer, CortJstr, andalucia, V-Adore and Jough (if the last two send me their addresses). Who else?
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Can I Get a Witness?
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2004, 02:22:08 am »

UPDATE:

My mix is quite thoroughly in progress; it's not ready for prime time yet, but it should be soon. ("It" may be "they," if only because I intended to send two discs to those I didn't reciproicate to last time, and so I might as well send two discs to everybody.) The tentative theme is "Things You Can't Say on the MB." Will post when I am ready to take addresses.
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Can I Get a Witness?
« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2004, 04:02:43 pm »

I have been various kinds of sick for the past ten days.  And I'm trying to pack to move.  SJ Limmer will get discs soon, I promise.  

August's song "My Love Ain't Free" is in limbo for the next few weeks.  

Sorry.
Logged

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
Can I Get a Witness?
« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2004, 08:06:18 am »

Wow, after checking out the response on the mixes so far, I'm wishing I participated.

I did make a mix last week for a friend, but I'm not sure how people would feel about it since well, I played a song myself.. yes, it's amusing for friends, but y'all may think I'm insane talking about sheep while playing a toy keyboard.  it's entirely up to you though.  the song is only 57sec, so it's not like the whole thing is me being weird... just an interlude.

PM me if interested.
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Can I Get a Witness?
« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2004, 04:23:20 pm »

Dammit people, I sent out like 6 discs and only have 2 comments in my thread? I need some validation up in here! Come on people. Criticize it, ask for recommendations on which albums to buy, something!

I'm needy, god dammit!
Logged

Flenker

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 68
    • View Profile
    • http://www.picdump.org/gallery/chris
Can I Get a Witness?
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2004, 05:24:00 pm »

yeah, what he ^ said.  I did post some feedback on yours now that I've had a chance to listen to it a little.  As far as I can tell, only 2 people have received my mix...  COME ON PEOPLE  (not CJ and Jough.  you guys are good people)
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Can I Get a Witness?
« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2004, 05:30:38 pm »

Quote from: "Flenker"
I did post some feedback on yours now that I've had a chance to listen to it a little.

Oh yeah, that's the stuff.
Logged

Flenker

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 68
    • View Profile
    • http://www.picdump.org/gallery/chris
Can I Get a Witness?
« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2004, 06:03:20 pm »

Ok, sense many of you have sent me 2 mixes, I will be putting together a new mix for everyone!!!  Also, you have inspired me to actually make an effort with my liner notes and what not, so this may take a few days to get out, but I'll try to make it well worth the wait.  The working title for it is "Untitled Flenker Project, October 2004".  

And to Starlight, I apologize, since I came to this conclusion, I've decided that I'd send this one out with my first one to you, so that is why you haven't received the first one yet.  But you will soon, I promise!!  

I got Bozack's and Starlight's cds yesterday, and will be giving them a listen in the next few days.  From the first glance over them, they look pretty durn good
Logged

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
Can I Get a Witness?
« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2004, 06:39:35 am »

Quote from: "Flenker"
And to Starlight, I apologize, since I came to this conclusion, I've decided that I'd send this one out with my first one to you, so that is why you haven't received the first one yet.  But you will soon, I promise!!  


It's all good.. more music is never a bad thing and I have patience ;)
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Can I Get a Witness?
« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2004, 11:55:40 pm »

Hey, just resurrecting this thread briefly to say that my CDs are finally in the mail.  And Bozack, yours semimysteriously cost 18 cents more to mail.  Here's hoping that you dig it that little bit more?
Couldn't afford CD mailers, but if anyone's arrives broken I'll spring for one to mail him a replacement.  
Godspeed, CDs.
Logged
goose means greedy
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up