Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

It sounds to me like you haven't read the Sex Rulebook! The first rule of Sex is that everybody can always get it on. Man, go for it! Awesome! Awesome! -=RAY=-

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Low Budget Assassination -- August 16, 2004  (Read 2630 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Low Budget Assassination -- August 16, 2004
« on: August 16, 2004, 01:02:18 pm »

I thought Beef's expression in panel 4 was perfect and could not be improved.





...Until I saw his face in panel 5.  Wonderful, just wonderful.  I can't think of any better way to express "Dammit John Wilkes Booth!   You shot me, you mallet-head, you!"
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Low Budget Assassination -- August 16, 2004
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2004, 01:04:43 pm »

I hate to admit this, but most of these recent Roomba bits haven't done much for me.  The alt-text for this one has made me a convert, however.  I only wish we could have seen Booth's escape and eventual demise as well....

Also, I really enjoy the little detail of Beef's crossed leg, particularly as I can in no way picture Lincoln sitting like that.
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Low Budget Assassination -- August 16, 2004
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2004, 01:45:41 pm »

Quote from: "sjlimmer"
Also, I really enjoy the little detail of Beef's crossed leg, particularly as I can in no way picture Lincoln sitting like that.

Yeah, that got me too. Actually, every expression on this one is beautiful. The look on Teodor's face as he putters away....genius. And the last panel, I'm having it carved on my tombstone.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Low Budget Assassination -- August 16, 2004
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2004, 02:17:46 pm »

Quote
leapfrog's uncle is in the marines or whatever and we boosted his digital camera outta his bag when he got back from iraq! ...  we're gonna start a website, there are over 500 pics on this camera! hello benjamins


Good to see that Little Nephew has the same entreprenurial spirit that Ray has.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Low Budget Assassination -- August 16, 2004
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2004, 02:29:32 pm »

Yo, we need a little mod'ing over here:

Quote from: "Golfhaus"
Quote
leapfrog's uncle is in the marines or whatever and we boosted his digital camera outta his bag when he got back from iraq! ...  we're gonna start a website, there are over 500 pics on this camera! hello benjamins


Good to see that Little Nephew has the same entreprenurial spirit that Ray has.


Um, sorry Golfhaus, this is the thread about today's strip, the thread about this weeks blogs is over there ==>
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Low Budget Assassination -- August 16, 2004
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2004, 02:44:05 pm »

Oops. Sorry about that. :) I thought I was losing it when I went to the blog topic and didn't see my post there. "It couldn't have been a dream... could it?!?"

A bit more relevant: I really like the Roomba moments. Each one has made me smile.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Low Budget Assassination -- August 16, 2004
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2004, 04:17:59 pm »

I just hope 'stad is getting paid for all this shameless Roomba plugging (or at least getting assloads of free Roombas).

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Low Budget Assassination -- August 16, 2004
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2004, 04:19:18 pm »

Quote from: "sjlimmer"
Also, I really enjoy the little detail of Beef's crossed leg, particularly as I can in no way picture Lincoln sitting like that.

I'm glad I'm not the only one with that impression.

And what's wrong with you people? How can there not be an outpouring of love for the dejected ride to The Cemetary?
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Low Budget Assassination -- August 16, 2004
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2004, 04:26:26 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
And what's wrong with you people? How can there not be an outpouring of love for the dejected ride to The Cemetary?


Word to that; that was my favourite part.
Logged
goose means greedy

Formica

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 205
    • View Profile
Low Budget Assassination -- August 16, 2004
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2004, 06:03:40 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
I just hope 'stad is getting paid for all this shameless Roomba plugging (or at least getting assloads of free Roombas).

How many Roombas(tm) to an assload?

Roomba(tm) is a registered trademark of the i***** Corporation. All rights reserved.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Low Budget Assassination -- August 16, 2004
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2004, 06:09:20 pm »

I loved this strip even before I found the alt text. The alt text, though, really makes it -- we get the feeling of Chris watching over the Roomba Theater beatifically and a little apologetically for his own budget failings.

And yes, the expressions are priceless.

(As for the modding: since there's no way to split posts into a different, preexisting thread, I'm just going to leave them for now. Y'all be careful.)
Logged

TALKYdude

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 166
    • View Profile
Low Budget Assassination -- August 16, 2004
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2004, 06:23:48 pm »

Quote from: "Formica"
Quote from: "jough"
I just hope 'stad is getting paid for all this shameless Roomba plugging (or at least getting assloads of free Roombas).

How many Roombas(tm) to an assload?

Roomba(tm) is a registered trademark of the i***** Corporation. All rights reserved.
Metric assload or Imperial assload?
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Low Budget Assassination -- August 16, 2004
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2004, 08:37:37 pm »

Quote from: "Jough, in another thread"
Assload is an English measurement. It's the amount of Roombas that would fit into King Henry's ass.

I'm quoting this here instead of moving it due to limitations in the Mod Continuum.

http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?p=22908#22908
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Low Budget Assassination -- August 16, 2004
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2004, 09:04:50 pm »

Yeah, just cause a girl drinks til she pukes and gets all sorts of mysterious stains on her bridesmaid's dress doesn't mean she's stupid.  Sheesh!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: [1]   Go Up