Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Fnord.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Blogs -- week of 16 Aug 04  (Read 10562 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Blogs -- week of 16 Aug 04
« on: August 16, 2004, 01:10:10 pm »

Couple o' comments.

Before now I thought the speculation re: Molly dumping Beef was a lot of hogwash.  Now I'm not so sure.  He's looking at rings, dammit!  Molly, please don't crush Beef's heart (Beefheart?).

Does anybody else believe that Chris really went to the fair yesterday?  I would pay large money to go to the fair with Onstad.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs -- week of 16 Aug 04
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2004, 02:39:35 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Does anybody else believe that Chris really went to the fair yesterday?  I would pay large money to go to the fair with Onstad.


Quote from: "Chris' Blog"
Unlike most fairs, I did not go home in a deep depression. Things were generally on the up and up and the nadirs of human ambition were not readily evident.


Well, this is a little out of synch, as he is mentioning "Liz" for the first time, and although I don't have the stalker-style knowledge of knowing for sure, I assume this is his wife?  Also, isn't John Arbuckle's "girlfriend" in Garfield also "Liz"? I did feel like maybe this is a "real" post, but then, all of his "what I ate" posts evolved into a Risotto War.  It would be interesting to find out how Liz likes living in Achewood, if this is indeed where we are going with this.

Also, I too tend to feel a great deal of sadness leaving a fair.  It's an "end of summer" like feeling, like you had all these grand plans to ride all the rides, eat all these crazy fair foods, but really the lines were too long, the rides too expensive, and the food didn't taste as good as it looked or smelled, and you're all tired out, and it's not even worth staying for the two-bit fireworks display.  Sigh.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Blogs -- week of 16 Aug 04
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2004, 02:47:16 pm »

In the right place this time:

Quote
leapfrog's uncle is in the marines or whatever and we boosted his digital camera outta his bag when he got back from iraq! ... we're gonna start a website, there are over 500 pics on this camera! hello benjamins


Nice to see that Little Nephew has the same entreprenurial spirit that Ray has. Perhaps LN's gonna have his own butler-type person show up to figure out what kind of a threat HE poses.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Re: Blogs -- week of 16 Aug 04
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2004, 02:53:26 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
Also, isn't John Arbuckle's "girlfriend" in Garfield also "Liz"?


Whoa, good work; I was wondering what I was vaguely associating that name with.
Logged
goose means greedy

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Blogs -- week of 16 Aug 04
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2004, 03:34:23 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
Like AW, I would drop long green to hang about 'stad at a fair.  'Specially if he had an entrant in the weiner dog race.


Please do not be knocking weiner dogs a/k/a Dachshunds.  They are good dogs.  Good boy.  Yes.  He's a gooood boy!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Blogs -- week of 16 Aug 04
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2004, 04:08:16 pm »

Quote from: "weiner dog article"
Lawrence Swanson, president of the Dachshund Club of America, says his organization is pleased, if a bit mystified, at the interest in watching a group of dogs with 3 inch legs run 100 yards in a minute and a half.


AWESOME.
Logged
goose means greedy

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Blogs -- week of 16 Aug 04
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2004, 04:12:27 pm »

I'm not convinced that Onstad is really married.  But whatever.

I mean, how does anyone know for sure?

Anyway, no update to Molly's blog but now Beef is thinking about proposing, so I guess he really liked that finger up his ass.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs -- week of 16 Aug 04
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2004, 04:27:32 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
 I would pay large money to go to the fair with Onstad.


Watch eBay for "Hang With Onstad At the Dachshund Races."  Buy It Now!
Logged

Formica

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 205
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs -- week of 16 Aug 04
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2004, 06:00:06 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
Well, this is a little out of synch, as he is mentioning "Liz" for the first time, and although I don't have the stalker-style knowledge of knowing for sure, I assume this is his wife?  Also, isn't John Arbuckle's "girlfriend" in Garfield also "Liz"?

Dilbert's on again, off again girlfriend from earlier in the strip was also named Liz.

This week, we've learned that the way to Beef's heart is through his anus, and that Lyle is quite accepting of alternative lifestyles, particularly when they make him money. Lyle's financial acumen and openminded approach to porn continue the progression towards him becoming my favorite Achewood character.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Blogs -- week of 16 Aug 04
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2004, 06:01:02 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Please do not be knocking weiner dogs a/k/a Dachshunds.


I would never knock weiner dogs as they are essentially vertically challenged containers of pure awesome.


And if you do knock them, at least they don't have far to fall!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Blogs -- week of 16 Aug 04
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2004, 06:17:06 pm »

Quote from: "Formica"
This week, we've learned that the way to Beef's heart is through his anus, and that Lyle is quite accepting of alternative lifestyles, particularly when they make him money. Lyle's financial acumen and openminded approach to porn continue the progression towards him becoming my favorite Achewood character.

I copy the Lyle-respect. He's hardly my favorite character (that fluctuates rapidly between Beef and Teodor, depending on my mood and the phase of the moon), but he seems like one of the characters for whom the blogs have been the most useful, particularly since he's not doing strip-worthy things.

IIRC, Liz is in fact Onstad's real for-honest wife. I think this makes the first definitive reference to a real person who is not Onstad in Onstad's blog; a milestone?

Personally, I'm still concerned about the fact that we haven't heard anything from Ray about the outcome of the Hawaiian party. It seems like he'd be quick to brag if it had gone well, after the last few party disasters.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs -- week of 16 Aug 04
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2004, 06:23:46 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"

IIRC, Liz is in fact Onstad's real for-honest wife. I think this makes the first definitive reference to a real person who is not Onstad in Onstad's blog; a milestone?


How do we know this?  What makes you and Asherdan so certain of this? IIRC?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Blogs -- week of 16 Aug 04
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2004, 06:35:06 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
Quote from: "V-Adore"

IIRC, Liz is in fact Onstad's real for-honest wife. I think this makes the first definitive reference to a real person who is not Onstad in Onstad's blog; a milestone?


How do we know this?  What makes you and Asherdan so certain of this? IIRC?

IIRC = "If I recall correctly," in internet slangology. Anyway -- well, I can't be sure, but I know I've seen reference to her before in various interviews and other Onstad-statements, and she usually gets thanks in the various Achewood books. She may or may not actually exist, but my impression is that she does and Onstad is married to her.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Blogs -- week of 16 Aug 04
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2004, 07:44:33 pm »

Well, that time I was stalking Onstad's dog on the Web and found the program for a dog show she was entered in, the alleged wife mentioned in the posts above was one of the co-owners of the dachshund alluded to in the posts above.  I assume therefore she is real, because who would lie in a dog show program?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Blogs -- week of 16 Aug 04
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2004, 07:48:01 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
Well, that time I was stalking Onstad's dog on the Web and found the program for a dog show she was entered in, the alleged wife mentioned in the posts above was one of the co-owners of the dachshund alluded to in the posts above.  I assume therefore she is real, because who would lie in a dog show program?


Whoooaaaa, you stalked a DOG on the INTERNET?
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up