Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: LEAVING FOR EUROPE  (Read 4464 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
LEAVING FOR EUROPE
« on: August 20, 2004, 04:33:08 am »

Hey kids,

I'm going to be in London next week, and given JL's delicate condition I have made V-Adore a temporary admin in my absence.

So be careful not to incur her wrath.  I'm just saying.

-- Jough

V-Adore

  • Guest
LEAVING FOR EUROPE
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2004, 05:03:10 am »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
OHHHHHH VVV-eeeeeee!

::bats eyes::

Enjoy the pubs over there jefe.

No, you don't get a custom title. So there!

However, much like Fearless Leader, I will accept tips--

ARGH! Power... corrupting.. absolute power... kind of neat...

Anyway, safe travels, Jough!
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
LEAVING FOR EUROPE
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2004, 05:44:55 am »

I'll be sure to have internet access, so it's not like I won't be checking in to FUCK YOU UP if you mess with V.

Not that you won't already be pre-fucked up by V anyway.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
LEAVING FOR EUROPE
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2004, 01:10:46 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
I'll be sure to have internet access, so it's not like I won't be checking in to FUCK YOU UP if you mess with V.

Not that you won't already be pre-fucked up by V anyway.

It's not "sloppy seconds" it's just "previously fucked." Kind of like how they have "previously enjoyed" Jaguars.

I'm surprised V hasn't used her mod powers to change her own title though.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
LEAVING FOR EUROPE
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2004, 01:18:12 pm »

Have fun, Jough.  But be careful.  I understand that they have Anarchy in the UK.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
LEAVING FOR EUROPE
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2004, 05:01:49 pm »

Enjoy.  Go to Belgo Centraal in Covent Garden if you get a chance.  You know, if places where a hundred different kinds of beer are served to you by waiters dressed as monks are your thing.  Or you like mussels.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
LEAVING FOR EUROPE
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2004, 06:25:03 pm »

London?

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!

But enjoy. It can be done there I guess. Though the weather isn't very nice over here at the moment. We've been getting the tale ends of a hurricane for the last fortnight and it's just been pissing down. The floods in the south are on a South American scale, it's scary.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
LEAVING FOR EUROPE
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2004, 06:30:16 pm »

Oh, slink, I'm so very endeared by you.  You just used the word "fortnight" in a sentence, and although you may have been meaning to be silly, I like imagining you using that sort of more formal English in you day to day speech.  Unlike us North Americans, eh?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
LEAVING FOR EUROPE
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2004, 06:47:47 pm »

London does have the supersuperawesome Tate Modern, though.
Logged
goose means greedy

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
LEAVING FOR EUROPE
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2004, 07:20:23 pm »

Laura and I went to the Tate Modern in the summer of 2000, not long after they opened.  Mistake.  Overcrowded and utterly claustrophobic.  This was the same day that the bridge across the Thames from the Tate was announced to be, well, more wobbly than a bridge should be.

I'd love to go again, at a time when it's all a little less Soylent Green up in there.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
LEAVING FOR EUROPE
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2004, 07:27:03 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "jough"
I'll be sure to have internet access, so it's not like I won't be checking in to FUCK YOU UP if you mess with V.

Not that you won't already be pre-fucked up by V anyway.

It's not "sloppy seconds" it's just "previously fucked." Kind of like how they have "previously enjoyed" Jaguars.

I'm surprised V hasn't used her mod powers to change her own title though.

For now, I resist. But just wait, I'm sure the power will overwhelm me before too long and I'll be forced to take my title into my own hands, cackling maniacally.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
LEAVING FOR EUROPE
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2004, 08:48:32 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
For now, I resist. But just wait, I'm sure the power will overwhelm me before too long and I'll be forced to take my title into my own hands, cackling maniacally.


It's just Maniacal Cackle Central around here lately. What's next, hitting up eBay for cat-with-arched-back-shaped cookie cutters?
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
LEAVING FOR EUROPE
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2004, 09:05:18 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
You just used the word "fortnight" in a sentence, and although you may have been meaning to be silly, I like imagining you using that sort of more formal English in you day to day speech.


Ummm. Totally serious actually.
I am sort of an English Ray. I am very pernickity about using fairly good English when I speak, just because I hate what is done to it by colloquialism.

A friend of mine gave me a hard time for, in a letter I recently sent her, using the phrase 'I hope this finds you well'!

Shucks.
And I do have a fairly plain English accent too. Most of the time.
I may have to start reading Oscar Wilde aloud.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
LEAVING FOR EUROPE
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2004, 05:09:03 am »

Quote from: "slink"
I may have to start reading Oscar Wilde aloud.


I may have to start punching you.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
LEAVING FOR EUROPE
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2004, 02:08:01 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"

I may have to start punching you.


And that, and the fact I feel the same way, is why I don't!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up