Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Have you ever woken up to find phrases like "cryogenic baseball player" in your Google search field?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20  (Read 10946 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« on: August 20, 2004, 10:12:25 am »

Wow... I... have no words... beyond that that's a bit trippy, yo.
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

sensate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 111
    • View Profile
If this is real...
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2004, 11:49:05 am »

...I wonder what a blog post from Hell would be like?
Logged

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Re: If this is real...
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2004, 12:15:52 pm »

Quote from: "sensate"
...I wonder what a blog post from Hell would be like?


I think that's where comment spam comes from.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2004, 01:08:11 pm »

Too bad this didn't go up last Friday
Logged

agnes

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 23
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fireland.com/
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2004, 02:56:32 pm »

I think it's that first frame of the outside of the house that makes the strip. A quiet, serene external shot before the arrival of Fireball Ray. Also: "splut."
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2004, 04:29:04 pm »

Quote from: "agnes"
I think it's that first frame of the outside of the house that makes the strip. A quiet, serene external shot before the arrival of Fireball Ray. Also: "splut."

Fireball Ray is his new racing name. Kind of like Jesse James is Way Fast Whitey.
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2004, 04:45:28 pm »

I dunno, that was more of a Slayer Friday.
Logged

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: If this is real...
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2004, 04:58:53 pm »

Quote from: "sensate"
...I wonder what a blog post from Hell would be like?


It would probably be kind of like a telephone call, just nothing you say gets through, and the person on the other end just sees something sort of innocent looking, but it makes them do something that makes your experience in hell just a little bit worser.

I think perhaps that I will not stray to far from home, seeing as how it is judas priest friday and all. One should be careful on a judas priest friday. :twisted:
Logged
[expletive deleted]

palm trees

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 203
    • View Profile
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2004, 06:15:43 pm »

best strip in ages.

and that's no faint praise, i've been loving it recently.
Logged
[size=10]***DESTROY VINYL***[/size][/color]

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2004, 06:24:06 pm »

I wish I had seen this in the morning, but alas I usually have to wait until about 3 before it is updated.
But to have spent my dady seeing people being stabbed in the head and catching fire would have been nice.

Kill Bill is a fitting Judas Priest Friday movie though. Maybe not enough zombie vampire monks but well...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

V-Adore

  • Guest
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2004, 07:13:59 pm »

This is really a very, very strange strip. I guess I like it? But I'm not sure.

Also, it is very strange to read Ray's totally calm blog after seeing him get stabbed in the head by the Ghostface Killer (*splut*), catch on fire, and be thrown out a window.
Logged

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2004, 07:15:28 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "agnes"
I think it's that first frame of the outside of the house that makes the strip. A quiet, serene external shot before the arrival of Fireball Ray. Also: "splut."

Fireball Ray is his new racing name. Kind of like Jesse James is Way Fast Whitey.


Cj did not cj anges's misconception. But i'm too lazy to cj anything. Not on JUDAS PRIEST FRIDAY.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2004, 07:16:51 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
This is really a very, very strange strip. I guess I like it? But I'm not sure.

Also, it is very strange to read Ray's totally calm blog after seeing him get stabbed in the head by the Ghostface Killer (*splut*), catch on fire, and be thrown out a window.


Indeed.  I take this to be one of those strips that never really happened, and will never be gone back on for future refference.  But who knows, maybe Monday Phillipe will be knifed in the stomach, his entrails used as streamers.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

V-Adore

  • Guest
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2004, 07:20:12 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
This is really a very, very strange strip. I guess I like it? But I'm not sure.

Also, it is very strange to read Ray's totally calm blog after seeing him get stabbed in the head by the Ghostface Killer (*splut*), catch on fire, and be thrown out a window.


Indeed.  I take this to be one of those strips that never really happened, and will never be gone back on for future refference.  But who knows, maybe Monday Phillipe will be knifed in the stomach, his entrails used as streamers.

Yeah, I'm assuming as much too. If this isn't a one-off, I will eat my hat.

What's really starting to get to me -- how did he catch on fire? Did Ol' Ghostface light him up? I had initially assumed that there was some sort of causal relationship between his dropping the pizza and his going up in flames, but let's be honest, on the rare occasions I have been forced to have Domino's delivered, the pizza has never arrived in a state of warmth which would cause even mild irritation if dropped onto oneself.

(... that sounded a little Pat-esque, didn't it? Sigh.)
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2004, 07:41:37 pm »

Man, I wish this strip had gone up yesterday- it would have been a pretty good Judas Priest Thursday, since I was all seeing bad local metal bands playing in a curling club and hopping fences and sitting in people's gazebos drinking cheap beer with my friends.
Nevertheless, I enjoy it a lot.
Logged
goose means greedy
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up