Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Metallica would be a lot less powerful if they ended every show by reciting the ABCs.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20  (Read 10976 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2004, 07:52:39 pm »

How can I identify a Judas Priest Friday so as to prepare myself?  Is it any Friday the 20th?  The third Friday in any month?  I'm confused.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2004, 08:12:19 pm »

Quote from: "Gimpson"
How can I identify a Judas Priest Friday so as to prepare myself?  Is it any Friday the 20th?  The third Friday in any month?  I'm confused.


You have to order a Domino's Pizza to find out.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2004, 08:21:12 pm »

Quote from: "sailor"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "agnes"
I think it's that first frame of the outside of the house that makes the strip. A quiet, serene external shot before the arrival of Fireball Ray. Also: "splut."

Fireball Ray is his new racing name. Kind of like Jesse James is Way Fast Whitey.

Cj did not cj anges's misconception. But i'm too lazy to cj anything. Not on JUDAS PRIEST FRIDAY.

See I read the line as "I think it's that first frame of the outside of the house that is most entertaining." As opposed to "I think it's that first frame of the outside of the house that was ever shown in a strip."

Quote from: "V-Adore"
What's really starting to get to me -- how did he catch on fire? Did Ol' Ghostface light him up? I had initially assumed that there was some sort of causal relationship between his dropping the pizza and his going up in flames, but let's be honest, on the rare occasions I have been forced to have Domino's delivered, the pizza has never arrived in a state of warmth which would cause even mild irritation if dropped onto oneself.

Have you ever had a pentagram Domino's pizza, though?
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2004, 08:25:52 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
What's really starting to get to me -- how did he catch on fire? Did Ol' Ghostface light him up? I had initially assumed that there was some sort of causal relationship between his dropping the pizza and his going up in flames, but let's be honest, on the rare occasions I have been forced to have Domino's delivered, the pizza has never arrived in a state of warmth which would cause even mild irritation if dropped onto oneself.

Have you ever had a pentagram Domino's pizza, though?

Admittedly, no, I have not. But I would not personally picture an evil Domino's pizza arriving flaming, or even hot. I think of it more as being able to induce frostbite (and possibly skin-stickage) on touch.
Logged

agnes

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 23
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fireland.com/
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2004, 08:43:19 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
See I read the line as "I think it's that first frame of the outside of the house that is most entertaining." As opposed to "I think it's that first frame of the outside of the house that was ever shown in a strip."


Heavens I certainly did not mean to imply that that was the first time the outside of the house was shown. I did not how you say just fall out of the retard truck, if that is what you are sayink.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2004, 08:59:42 pm »

Quote from: "agnes"
...the retard truck...


I think the PC term is "Short Bus".
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2004, 09:15:13 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "agnes"
...the retard truck...


I think the PC term is "Short Bus".


The twenty-first century, 1337x0rer-than-thou alternative...



All aboard who's coming aboard
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2004, 09:21:16 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
I was all seeing bad local metal bands playing in a curling club


A curling club?  That would be strange enough but...

With metal bands?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2004, 06:36:04 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
God Bless the fifty-first state and their quaint ways...

[splut!]


Exactly; I considered it "getting a little local culture", since I move to Montreal on Monday.  Which is still technically Canada, but legend has it that it's actually a large and fairly cultured urban centre rather different from the wastelands of Southern Ontario.
Logged
goose means greedy

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2004, 07:32:15 pm »

This strip wasn't funny to me until I read (the non-wandering parts of) this thread a few times.  And I'm still astonished by the curling club.  Thank you all for your continuing enrichment of my mental life.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2004, 09:03:11 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
This strip wasn't funny to me until I read (the non-wandering parts of) this thread a few times.  And I'm still astonished by the curling club.  Thank you all for your continuing enrichment of my mental life.

Man, this is actually a nostalgia thing for me. Back when I was a wee one, my dad used to curl at the Fairbanks Curling Club. I recall it being smoky and remarkably dank for a building housing what was essentially a giant ice rink, but I thought it and curling were both very rad.

I'm not sure what bad metal bands have to do with it, though. Nostalgia is a strange mistress.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2004, 01:32:30 am »

Quote from: "andalucia"
I move to Montreal on Monday.  Which is still technically Canada, but legend has it that it's actually a large and fairly cultured urban centre rather different from the wastelands of Southern Ontario.


When I was planning a trip to Montreal, I gave a call to a friend who had just returned from there.  He warned me to pack my best clothes:  "Even the bums have more style there" he said.  

Happy Moving andalucia, and perhaps consider changing your avatar to a big, steaming plate of poutine!  Mmm... poutine.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2004, 04:32:18 am »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "agnes"
...the retard truck...


I think the PC term is "Short Bus".


The twenty-first century, 1337x0rer-than-thou alternative...



All aboard who's coming aboard


Speaking of short busses, what's wrong with this picture?:

http://members.lycos.co.uk/thebandito73/hpbimg/schoolbuss%5B1%5D.jpg
Logged

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2004, 11:49:01 am »

Quote from: "Mantonio"


Speaking of short busses, what's wrong with this picture?:

http://members.lycos.co.uk/thebandito73/hpbimg/schoolbuss%5B1%5D.jpg


1) the licence plates are all written in greek lettering.
2) the 'child actors' in the building behind the schoolbus all have mustaches, even the girls.
3) gas is not that cheap anywhere except for texas.
4) one of the bats is upside down.
5) there is no neon at all in the sex shop ad.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

TALKYdude

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 166
    • View Profile
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2004, 06:50:49 pm »

I call the middle slice!
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up