Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Yo mama's so crass and low, she puts chocolate pieces into her mouth while she is still chewing up the previous chocolate pieces.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20  (Read 10936 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2004, 07:52:33 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"

Happy Moving andalucia, and perhaps consider changing your avatar to a big, steaming plate of poutine!  Mmm... poutine.


Hurrah for moving! Best of luck to you, andalucia.

And dang, what is WITH you Canadians and your food? Poutine? What the hell, yo? French fries with gravy sounds like a heart attack in a paper boat. Butter tarts? I just don't get any of it. Maybe I'm just a picky eater. At any rate, God Bless Canada.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2004, 08:49:59 pm »

Quote from: "linnea"
What the hell, yo? French fries with gravy sounds like a heart attack in a paper boat.

I thought this was a school cafeteria staple. My HS always had gravy fries as the side when serving open-faced roast beef sandwiches. And cheese fries with hot dogs.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2004, 09:05:20 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "linnea"
What the hell, yo? French fries with gravy sounds like a heart attack in a paper boat.

I thought this was a school cafeteria staple. My HS always had gravy fries as the side when serving open-faced roast beef sandwiches. And cheese fries with hot dogs.


In two official languages:

Poutine est les frites avec fromage caillé et sauce de boeuf.

Poutine is fries with cheese curds and beef gravy.

And infact I'm all about having that for dinner, now that you mention it.  You can actually hear your heart crying when you order this, and it's a staple at Canadian Burger Kings and KFC's and is offered off and on at McDonalds all over Canada, and is a perminat menu item in Qubec all the time.  I guess I sort of took for granted that our chainfood restaurants served the same thing in the US, but really, I guess poutine is just Canadian.  I like to eat it dipped in mayonaise.  I'm not kidding.  I wish I were.  Other popular French Canadian foods:  Tortier (a ground up spiced pork meat pie - a French Canadian dish, usually sooo greasy the crust is soggy) and Les Gallet - aka Fry Bread, aka Fried Bannock - if you want to be real authentic this is served with Saskatoon Berry or Chokecherry Jam.  God, I'm so hungry now.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2004, 10:16:04 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
 I like to eat [poutine] dipped in mayonaise.  I'm not kidding.  I wish I were.


Oh my Lord.  Or, should I say, lard.  Goodness gracious.  Mercy.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2004, 10:31:00 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
I like to eat it dipped in mayonaise.


If I didn't think poutine was evil I no doubt would. I eat pretty much everything with mayonnaise. The best - pepperoni pizza dipped in mayonnaise - what God invented the universe for... And yes I am hungry now.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2004, 10:37:17 pm »

Well, I'm now in Montreal, which is beautiful, terrifing, and much more French than I'd expected.  The first thing I did was get my computer hooked up, and now I'm just trying to get my nice old B&W speakers working so I can listen to music.  
As for poutine, I must say I've never indulged: I find the idea as horrifying as do the Americans here, and I'm vegan as well.  But side_show's right about its ubiquity: enough so that horrible variations, such as Family-Sized Poutine and Hot-dog Poutine flourish.
Logged
goose means greedy

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2004, 12:02:25 am »

I don't see why anyone would eat cheese turds. At any time. The whole Poutine thing sounds pretty gross, but then, I've eaten Loco Moco as I mentioned before, so hey. Enjoy.

As for the wet fries - gravy on fries is time honored and awesome, and definitely as American as the fries themselves.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2004, 01:16:54 am »

A Canadian friend of mine said that Poutine is traditionally made with lard and gravy over the fries, but that cheese curds or even mozzerella is often substituted.

I am down with cheese curds, however. They are damn tasty. To me, french fries seem pretty dang decadent in and of themselves. Covering them with cheese or some other delicious substance seems like... I don't know, like drinking a breve latte. TOO RICH AND DECADENT! Somebody nice MUST NOT CONSUME THAT ITEM!!
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2004, 01:18:14 am »

Quote from: "slink"
The best - pepperoni pizza dipped in mayonnaise


HOLY CRAP!  I'm just overwhelmed by the thought of that.

I am a big mayo fan.  Homemade mayo especially.  My Grandmother used to make KickASS homemade mayonnaise with just the right touch of cayenne in it.

But on pizza?  Pepperoni?  

I'm going to have trouble sleeping tonight.  I think I've got contact indigestion.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2004, 01:20:54 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
As for the wet fries - gravy on fries is time honored and awesome, and definitely as American as the fries themselves.


Not where I'm from.  Never seen it, never heard of it.  Must be some kind of damn yankee nonsense.

White gravy goes on biscuits.  Turkey gravy goes on stuffing, mashed potatoes and turkey.  Beef gravy goes on an open-faced roast-beef sandwich with mashed potatoes on it.

That is all.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2004, 01:33:55 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
As for the wet fries - gravy on fries is time honored and awesome, and definitely as American as the fries themselves.


Not where I'm from.  Never seen it, never heard of it.  Must be some kind of damn yankee nonsense.

White gravy goes on biscuits.  Turkey gravy goes on stuffing, mashed potatoes and turkey.  Beef gravy goes on an open-faced roast-beef sandwich with mashed potatoes on it.

That is all.


How could you not recognize red-eye gravy? It should stand tall with the rest of the drippings-based products you mention.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2004, 01:36:15 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
As for the wet fries - gravy on fries is time honored and awesome, and definitely as American as the fries themselves.


Not where I'm from.  Never seen it, never heard of it.  Must be some kind of damn yankee nonsense.

White gravy goes on biscuits.  Turkey gravy goes on stuffing, mashed potatoes and turkey.  Beef gravy goes on an open-faced roast-beef sandwich with mashed potatoes on it.

That is all.


How could you not recognize red-eye gravy? It should stand tall with the rest of the drippings-based products you mention.


Yeah, OK.  It's pretty rare around here, though.  Maybe it's more of a western thing.  I think it's role is pretty much taken by white sausage gravy around here.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2004, 01:37:29 am »

Grandpa Jones' ghost is a comin' to get you.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2004, 02:08:00 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
White gravy goes on biscuits.  Turkey gravy goes on stuffing, mashed potatoes and turkey.  Beef gravy goes on an open-faced roast-beef sandwich with mashed potatoes on it.

bis-cu-its? Like those things they give you free at Popeye's but everybody just throws away?
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2004, 03:15:57 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"

How could you not recognize red-eye gravy? It should stand tall with the rest of the drippings-based products you mention.



...

What the FUCK is "red-eye gravy"? That sounds like the title for a German poo flick.  :censored:
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up