Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Have you ever woken up to find phrases like "cryogenic baseball player" in your Google search field?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20  (Read 10940 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2004, 03:39:31 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
bis-cu-its? Like those things they give you free at Popeye's but everybody just throws away?


Quote from: "linnea"
What the FUCK is "red-eye gravy"? That sounds like the title for a German poo flick.


Son, biscuits and gravy made right is a meal. And darlin', the only Scheiße in the hizzle is the stone cold Southern-fried science I am about to drop on your ass.

Look, apart from a short stint in Australia, I'm a Texas boy. Say what you will about Texas - hell, I'll probably agree with you nine times out of ten. But Southern food kicks your ass. Of course, now that I am no longer Young, with the attendant Weasel-esque metabolism, I can't indulge myself in the family recipes as often as I'd like, but still. Memories have flavors.

Red-eye gravy is gravy made from ham drippings and coffee. It's what's for breakfast. Please tell me I don't have to evangelize grits to anyone; I lack the words.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2004, 03:41:58 am »

I would also like to add that I have never heard of poutine, but it sounds like a meal after my Own Heart (har har) and I intend to make it just as soon as I've got my shit together enough to actually hunt down some Cheese Curds. I mean I could have them flown in, but the hell--?
Logged

TALKYdude

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 166
    • View Profile
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2004, 04:02:07 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
White gravy goes on biscuits.  Turkey gravy goes on stuffing, mashed potatoes and turkey.  Beef gravy goes on an open-faced roast-beef sandwich with mashed potatoes on it.

bis-cu-its? Like those things they give you free at Popeye's but everybody just throws away?
Oh no! That's the only reason I ever even eat at Popeye's, because I'm craving a biscuit. People throw them away?!
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2004, 04:15:41 am »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Please tell me I don't have to evangelize grits to anyone; I lack the words.


Don't you find it odd that foodies who would rhapsodize about couscous will turn their noses up at grits?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2004, 04:23:29 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Please tell me I don't have to evangelize grits to anyone; I lack the words.


Don't you find it odd that foodies who would rhapsodize about couscous will turn their noses up at grits?


Some to think of it, I've never had garlic grits...

In a perfect world, grits would be on every breakfast menu, everywhere. So versatile and delicious. And yet, try to explain what grits are to someone that has neither seen nor tasted them. And try to make that explanation do its subject justice.

Some people have actually assumed that I was actually proposing that we eat and enjoy cornbread mix and water.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2004, 05:17:16 am »

The thought of people throwing away the biscuits that come with fast-food fried chicken saddens my heart. I am a Yankee to the bone and am still unsure how to approach Popeye's, but those biscuits were often the best part of a KFC meal. Hot damn, now I'm hungry.

As for grits... my problem is that I'm very texture-focused in food, so I'm really still working up the courage to try grits. The SO is a big fan and is from Boston, but he will basically eat anything and enjoy it, up to and including that vile "Naturally Aloe!" chunky beverage that they sell/used to sell at Trader Joe's. (Come to think of it, he's the one who introduced me to couscous, too...)
Logged

TALKYdude

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 166
    • View Profile
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2004, 09:40:34 am »

Oh, I've never had that naturally aloe drink from trader joe's, but I have had an aloe drink in a can from a thai restaurant. The texture was awful! These weird glops slithering down the gullet.
Slimy green splooge, man.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2004, 11:28:59 am »

It's been a long time since I handed out a Most Wandering Thread Award.  This one is really gold medal quality.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2004, 02:00:01 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
I was in Canada, I love gravy and have terrified Spouse with tales of cheese curds.

HOW IN HOLY HELL DID I MISS THIS!?!?!?!!!!

Calgary, you have finally let me down.  Bitch.


Dude, I told you before, Calgary is the asshole of Canada!

And Slink, mayonaise on pizza sounds really, alarmingly good.  I'm all about the mayonaise.  Many feel that it is a "pedestrian" condiment, but for me it is the king/queen.

Quote from: "wombat "
It's been a long time since I handed out a Most Wandering Thread Award. This one is really gold medal quality.


And it's all my fault, woo hoo!  Canada wins another gold!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2004, 02:35:08 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
I'm all about the mayonaise. Many feel that it is a "pedestrian" condiment, but for me it is the king/queen.


Didja know it's actually really, really easy to make homemade mayonnaise, and that it tastes really amazingly better than the jarred stuff?  Last time I made mayo, it was with balsalmic vinegar, olive oil and rosemary.  Then I used it to make chicken salad.  Oh man, was that ever good.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2004, 02:47:01 pm »

Quote from: "Va"
Quote from: "side_show"
I'm all about the mayonaise. Many feel that it is a "pedestrian" condiment, but for me it is the king/queen.


Didja know it's actually really, really easy to make homemade mayonnaise, and that it tastes really amazingly better than the jarred stuff?  Last time I made mayo, it was with balsalmic vinegar, olive oil and rosemary.  Then I used it to make chicken salad.  Oh man, was that ever good.


I tried to make mayonaise, but it ended up as liquid with lumps - it tasted okay, and I used it as salade dressing, but the texture was just barfey.  I don't have the patience to add things in drop by drop - too much of a type A personality, I guess.  I should try to make it again, now that I've become more mellowed.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2004, 04:29:37 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Red-eye gravy is gravy made from ham drippings and coffee. It's what's for breakfast. Please tell me I don't have to evangelize grits to anyone; I lack the words.

Sweet zombie jesus! Two of the things on earth I hate most are ham and coffee. That sounds indescribably terrible. Especially on biscuits.

Quote from: "TALKYdude"
Oh no! That's the only reason I ever even eat at Popeye's, because I'm craving a biscuit. People throw them away?!

Oh yeah. We frequently get the "buy 11 get 11 free" meal for lunch at work and always just tell them to keep the biscuits because nobody eats them. Now the cajun rice and chilis people fight over.

Quote from: "Va"
Didja know it's actually really, really easy to make homemade mayonnaise, and that it tastes really amazingly better than the jarred stuff? Last time I made mayo, it was with balsalmic vinegar, olive oil and rosemary. Then I used it to make chicken salad. Oh man, was that ever good.

You don't say.
Logged

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2004, 04:58:55 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
You don't say.


:shock: How did you know?  Good Eats is the best cooking show ever.  I love Alton Brown.  Did anyone ever notice the eerie resemblance between Alton Brown and Adam Sessler of TechTVs "Extended Play"?
Logged

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2004, 05:07:39 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
It's been a long time since I handed out a Most Wandering Thread Award.  This one is really gold medal quality.


they are 'BREAKING THE LAW, BREAKING THE LAW' \m/      \m/
Logged
[expletive deleted]

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
It's a... Judas Priest Friday 8/20
« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2004, 06:12:13 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"

Sweet zombie jesus! Two of the things on earth I hate most are ham and coffee. That sounds indescribably terrible. Especially on biscuits.


well, other than being apathetic about ham rather than apostlistic about it:

it's good to finally meet my nemesis.

well met sir,

:tip-hat:

and en garde.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up