Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Have you ever woken up to find phrases like "cryogenic baseball player" in your Google search field?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Tattoo You  (Read 15852 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Tattoo You
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2004, 02:22:06 pm »

Quote from: "Flenker"
I got the Triforce, yes, THE Triforce from the Legend of Zelda, with the words "Wisdom  Courage  Power"  around it.


Oh dear god, I'm glad my SO doesn't read this forum anymore, cause you know he'd totally be in the tatoo parlour again, stealing your idea.  Sometimes he just looks away from his gamecube at me and sighs - "who would of thought you could get laid and play Windwaker all in one day."
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Tattoo You
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2004, 02:44:02 pm »

Thanks Flenker.
Now I have the terrible feeling I'm going to end up finding an image from Grim Fandango to get tattooed on me. It is quite probably my favourite game , and I just love the art in it. Might be able to get a really cool design from it...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Tattoo You
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2004, 03:35:21 pm »

Video game tattoos make perfect sense; for the wearer, they're probably a damn sight more significant than the dazzling array of cigar smoking-Tasmanian Devils splattered all over the parlour walls.

If I ever do get a tattoo - and this is something I've been chewing on for literally years - I'm getting a Vault 13 tattoo. Yellow 13 in a blue circle, like on the side of the water flasks / back of the jumpsuits.

On a truly sad note, I once saw some really vile, really low-quality amateur porn, and one of the partici##### had a great big Cobra sigil covering up one of his flabby pecs. The day I see a Wasteland / Fallout tattoo in porn, though, I think I'll just. give. up.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Tattoo You
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2004, 05:18:09 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
The day I see a Wasteland / Fallout tattoo in porn, though, I think I'll just. give. up.


That is this weeks most profound statement regarding the state and future trends of society.

That is the problem. What game would I go for?
The Quake logo was always one of my favourite icons of gaming, but it seems too obvious. Something out of Grim Fandango could be prefect.
A tattoo of the titular Max would be cool, but not especially masculine. I thought of some of the classics like Head Over Heels on the speccy but again... Some of the old vector games you could pretty much take a screenshot of.

While I'm at it I might get the :) from H2G2 done. I have to get a good neuromancer reference tat though. Either that, Snow Crash or Diamond Age have to be made into a tattoo of some sort...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Tattoo You
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2004, 05:36:38 pm »

Hey!  I could get the UAC logo!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Tattoo You
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2004, 07:44:03 pm »

And here I was chiding myself for thinking of getting something game-related and such. Sadly, my drug of choice right now has no really distinctive iconic imagery. I suppose I could get a sunburst on my forehead, though...

Optionally, if I were a much bigger loser than I am, I would badly consider a LOOM tattoo. Or at least an "ASK ME ABOUT LOOM" tattoo.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Tattoo You
« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2004, 08:00:35 pm »

best tatoo I ever saw on a random stranger:

I'm in a little cubicle full of vending machines, standing behind a guy who is feeding a five dollar bill into a change machine, and I notice, on the back of his neck, had had a tatoo that looked just like a not-quite-fully-zipped-up zipper.  Like he's wearing a human suit.  I thought that was really cool.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Tattoo You
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2004, 09:27:59 pm »

V, I would say that tattoo would definitely be The Raddest Thing.  I never really got into Loom myself, though.  Now a Monkey Island or Day of the Tentacle tattoo, that I could consider.

Regarding side_show's story, I'm mostly just trying to stop myself from making the Donnie Darko reference it immediately evoked.
Logged
goose means greedy

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
Tattoo You
« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2004, 09:53:02 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Regarding side_show's story, I'm mostly just trying to stop myself from making the Donnie Darko reference it immediately evoked.


What a movie.  Have you checked out the website?  It's odd.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Tattoo You
« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2004, 09:57:05 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Now a Monkey Island or Day of the Tentacle tattoo, that I could consider.

Regarding side_show's story, I'm mostly just trying to stop myself from making the Donnie Darko reference it immediately evoked.


An MI tat would be harder to conjre up. But a tattoo of Purple Tentacle would be awesome. I'm going to end up coated in ink by the time this thread dies.

Also, a tattoo of Frank would be pretty cool.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Tattoo You
« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2004, 10:30:24 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
V, I would say that tattoo would definitely be The Raddest Thing.  I never really got into Loom myself, though.  Now a Monkey Island or Day of the Tentacle tattoo, that I could consider.

Well, with Loom it was just the product of one day during Dead Week last semester. We intended to have a giant LucasArts adventure-game bender, but we started up Loom first, and it ended up becoming a confounding, walkthrough-powered odyssey, notable at times for occasionally stumping the five or six of us who were there. (Naturally, this was a case of hubris shattered; we were the Best and the Brightest, Goddammit, undergraduates at the FINEST LIBERAL-ARTS COLLEGE IN AMERICA, and we were totally unable to figure out how to leave the first island without a walkthrough.)  So yeah, at this point it's half an inside joke.

The concept of a Day of the Tentacle tattoo fills me with schoolgirl-like glee, though.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Tattoo You
« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2004, 10:35:49 pm »

Man, now that I have gotten thinking about this, I have a terrible desire for a LucasArts tattoo of some sort.  Because I am thinking about all the rad visuals from Sam & Max...  oh boy.
Logged
goose means greedy

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
Tattoo You
« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2004, 10:39:06 pm »

What is this, a nerd contest?
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Tattoo You
« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2004, 10:53:56 pm »

Quote from: "Va"
What is this, a nerd contest?


*comment about you being new around here*
Logged
goose means greedy

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
Tattoo You
« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2004, 11:00:42 pm »

I thought this was the sort of company in which the term "nerd" would be taken in the spirit it was meant.  Note, for example, my own tattoo idea, near the start of this thread.  Hint: it involves math.

Is a nerd not allowed to call another nerd "nerd" around here?  Or do you prefer the term "geek"?
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up