Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Young man on the #6 bus, The Doors were not a British band.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone else going to see the Pixies this year?  (Read 18405 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Anyone else going to see the Pixies this year?
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2004, 03:25:39 pm »

The first album is the most Pixies-like ( duh ).  Teenager of the Year is his best album.  If you don't like one song, just wait two minutes and there will be another one.  Great guitar playing too.  The Cult of Ray is worth it if you can get a very cheap used copy.

 The first Frank Black and the Catholics album has a lot of good stuff on it too.  After that, I lost interest.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Anyone else going to see the Pixies this year?
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2004, 04:13:13 pm »

I wanted to check it out, and Amazon has Teenager of the Year as "most popular" so I added that to my wishlist on a whim but this is the first real info I have on it.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Anyone else going to see the Pixies this year?
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2004, 04:19:12 pm »

The only one I have is "Dog In The Sand," which I think is pretty neat.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
Anyone else going to see the Pixies this year?
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2004, 04:56:51 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
The only one I have is "Dog In The Sand," which I think is pretty neat.


Oh, that's a wonderful one.  Llano Del Rio.  Bullet.  Blast Off.  And the monster, The St. Francis Dam Disaster.  If there's another rock and roll song which anthropomorphizes as body of water trapped behind a dam, I'll eat my hat.

She was a slave to the great metropolis
She was feelin' choked
She pushed the wall 'till it broke
Logged

Gunn

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 9
    • View Profile
    • http://www.notasource.com
Anyone else going to see the Pixies this year?
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2004, 05:29:22 pm »

I've got a signed picture of Frank Black.  I got it as a Valentines day gift from a previous girlfriend.  Only good thing that ever came outta that relationship.
Oh, and his self titled album rocks pretty well.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Anyone else going to see the Pixies this year?
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2004, 05:42:12 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
The only one I have is "Dog In The Sand," which I think is pretty neat.


Dear god yes.  "Bullet" is just a really great rock song, and since I'm a Huxley fan, I find "Llano del Rio" inordinately charming.
Logged
goose means greedy

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
Anyone else going to see the Pixies this year?
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2004, 05:49:54 pm »

Dog in the Sand is with the Catholics, by the way.
Logged

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
Anyone else going to see the Pixies this year?
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2004, 10:28:37 pm »

I am shocked (SHOCKED!) that nobody is downloading those tracks.  My bandwidth usage has not budged.
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Anyone else going to see the Pixies this year?
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2004, 10:29:55 pm »

Quote from: "Va"
I am shocked (SHOCKED!) that nobody is downloading those tracks.  My bandwidth usage has not budged.


i know i speak for myself when i say that i already have all of those tracks.


edit:
but it is nice to know that you worry about me having access to Pixies songs.  you shall be a good mother.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Anyone else going to see the Pixies this year?
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2004, 10:33:09 pm »

What arkabee said. Between CDs and eMusic I have all their stuff.
Logged

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
Anyone else going to see the Pixies this year?
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2004, 10:49:19 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
What arkabee said. Between CDs and eMusic I have all their stuff.


eMusic utterly blows away every other pay music service on the internet in the universe.

I looked at the detailed stats, and it looks like they've each been dowloaded a couple of times.  I managed to forget that most of the people coming to this thread are probably already Pixies fans. :dunce:

Maybe I oughta put up a few Frank Black tracks.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Anyone else going to see the Pixies this year?
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2004, 11:32:35 pm »

Actually I just found out that eMusic has several Frank Black albums so I used up my 40 downloads on that.

I've screwed myself though. I've been a member since 1999 and have actually DL'd a criminally low number of tracks.
Logged

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
Anyone else going to see the Pixies this year?
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2004, 11:46:47 pm »

Oh man, we almost never downloaded anything when it was unlimited, but now that we get only a specific number of tracks, we never fail to use every single one.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Anyone else going to see the Pixies this year?
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2004, 11:53:18 pm »

I'm now beating myself up because I keep seeing CD's I bought in a store for no reason. Like both New Pornographers albums.
Logged

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
Anyone else going to see the Pixies this year?
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2004, 12:11:34 am »

Both?  Damn it, I bought Mass Romantic.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up