Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You might, rabbit

You might.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: four shits - Aug. 23/04  (Read 14794 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
four shits - Aug. 23/04
« on: August 23, 2004, 10:41:52 pm »

That is delightfully geeky, and very very true.
Logged
goose means greedy

Formica

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 205
    • View Profile
four shits - Aug. 23/04
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2004, 10:48:36 pm »

I guess. It's very well targeted towards 'stad's demographic and obviously a cathartic for him.

Otherwise it's just more last minute comic-a-day nonsense. Boo.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
four shits - Aug. 23/04
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2004, 11:07:03 pm »

The alt text was funny.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
four shits - Aug. 23/04
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2004, 12:04:22 am »

What actually happened to the Mc DLT? Is that what became the McLean Deluxe? And where is the damn McRib? it ain't food, but it's good as hell.
Logged

Shakespeare

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1
    • View Profile
jason alexander with hair
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2004, 12:09:14 am »

it keeps the hot side hot and the cool side cool!
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Re: jason alexander with hair
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2004, 01:26:00 am »

Quote from: "Shakespeare"
it keeps the hot side hot and the cool side cool!


or else it get's the "Special Hug" from Ronald again!
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
four shits - Aug. 23/04
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2004, 01:26:51 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
What actually happened to the Mc DLT? Is that what became the McLean Deluxe? And where is the damn McRib? it ain't food, but it's good as hell.


The McRib comes around here about twice a year.  I usually get one.  It's about the only thing I halfway kinda sorta like at McDonalds. Except for Egg McMuffins.  And Sausage McMuffins (w/Egg).  They are tasty.  Everything else at McDonalds is screamingly mediocre.  Which is, I suppose, intentional.

On the strip -- sure is ironic to see the 20 something get all crotchety and generational.  These kids today!  They don't know nothin'!  

Whatever, Pap'aw!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
four shits - Aug. 23/04
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2004, 03:29:36 am »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
As a generational dividing line this is priceless to me.


Seconded, and I'm younger than you are. Maybe I just never liked teenagers. (Another good dividing line would be calculator watches.)

"Recipes" for the late, relatively unlamented McDLT (not something that can really be pulled off without the gimmicky styrofoam packaging, as far as I'm concerned) and the hurts-so-delicious McRib can be found here. Bear in mind that I just found this on the web about two minutes ago and make no promises. I'm just a sucker for copycat recipes (thank you, William Poundstone) and this document is almost charmingly quaint in its compulsive usage of the very special character mapped "trademark" symbol.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
four shits - Aug. 23/04
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2004, 05:10:50 am »

The Subway in my rinky-dink college town has exactly one reigning virtue: it serves basically-just-McRibs all year. I am not sure why they do this, but being able to go in and get six kinds of nasty on a foot-long McRib makes up for the fact that the place closes at 9:00.

Anyway, I just now read the strip. I'm a bit perplexed as to why Beef is still wearing the wig and glasses. Low budget?
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
four shits - Aug. 23/04
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2004, 05:14:05 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I'm a bit perplexed as to why Beef is still wearing the wig and glasses.


Gravitas.
Logged

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
four shits - Aug. 23/04
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2004, 05:48:42 am »

I actually had to google what a McD L.T. was... after seeing the timeline, I can see I was a bit young when it debuted, but yeah.... hm.  the slogan did seem somewhat familiar.

At least I know what a McRib is though cause yeah, they do bring it back over here sometimes.... usually many commercials are shown when it does.

I've been staying away from McD's for a few years though... once their fries lost the lard and I don't eat meat, so.... heh.

The strip was pretty cool nonetheless... I think it is the wig and glasses...
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
four shits - Aug. 23/04
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2004, 07:20:40 am »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"

"Recipes" for the late, relatively unlamented McDLT (not something that can really be pulled off without the gimmicky styrofoam packaging, as far as I'm concerned) and the hurts-so-delicious McRib can be found here. Bear in mind that I just found this on the web about two minutes ago and make no promises. I'm just a sucker for copycat recipes (thank you, William Poundstone) and this document is almost charmingly quaint in its compulsive usage of the very special character mapped "trademark" symbol.


Whoever clown spent all that time putting togther a 30-somethin' page recipe book on McD food hella has a boner pointing in so many wrong directions. McDonalds sux teh coq.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

richter

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
    • http://www.permutation.org
Logged
i'll get linda blair all up in this biznatch

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
four shits - Aug. 23/04
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2004, 01:18:37 pm »

seriously, though, if you are going to cover a song, DO A BETTER JOB.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: I hope I (and my hosting) doesn't regret this....
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2004, 01:19:22 pm »

Quote from: "richter"
Behold, Jason Alexander's McDLT commercial


I am without words.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up