Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Once you been to a few weddings, you realize ain’t nobody gives a damn if you readin’ custom vows or the 1987 “Let’s Go!” guide to Bahrain. Just use that stuff about Do/Don’t and Sickness or Health and you gonna get the job done.  -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: four shits - Aug. 23/04  (Read 14813 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
four shits - Aug. 23/04
« Reply #75 on: August 26, 2004, 01:13:54 am »

We all live in a Capital I
In the middle of the desert
In the middle of the sky

And all day long we will polish on the I
Rubbing it here
And buffing it there

And when we're through
With the days only chore
We will go into the I
And we'll close the door.


Stuff like this explains a lot about my mentality.  

Also, what about the clumsy chef.  You know, the guy who'd walk down the steps and say "Eleven Coconut Cream Pies" and then crash to the floor in painful sticky carbo-loaded mess.  

And Grover the Bad Waiter.

Oh well.  Mahna mahna.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
four shits - Aug. 23/04
« Reply #76 on: August 26, 2004, 01:42:16 am »

Near
Far

Near
Far

Near
Far

Near
Far

Near
Far
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
four shits - Aug. 23/04
« Reply #77 on: August 26, 2004, 02:19:34 am »

Sadly, my childhood was spent doing a lot of Grover impressions. Namesake and whatnot...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

V-Adore

  • Guest
four shits - Aug. 23/04
« Reply #78 on: August 26, 2004, 03:16:54 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest and CortJstr"
terrifying/majestic Sesame Street nostalgia

Great, guys. Now it's NOT GOING TO LEAVE MY HEAD.

Anyway, Ghostwriter: I think I was just old enough to have contempt for it.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
four shits - Aug. 23/04
« Reply #79 on: August 26, 2004, 03:44:57 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Anyway, Ghostwriter: I think I was just old enough to have contempt for it.


That'd make sense, since while I was wallowing in childish glee at the sassy adventures of the Ghostwriter team, my sister, who's now 23, could only appreciate it on the level of having a crush on Rob, the show's token dreamy poet.  Unfortunately, my Google-fu's off tonight and I can't find a picture of said dreamboat.
Logged
goose means greedy

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
four shits - Aug. 23/04
« Reply #80 on: August 26, 2004, 03:50:06 am »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Anyway, Ghostwriter: I think I was just old enough to have contempt for it.


That'd make sense, since while I was wallowing in childish glee at the sassy adventures of the Ghostwriter team, my sister, who's now 23, could only appreciate it on the level of having a crush on Rob, the show's token dreamy poet.  Unfortunately, my Google-fu's off tonight and I can't find a picture of said dreamboat.


Ha, funny because I am 25, and kind of enjoyed it.  Although I do remember liking the earlier episodes best.  I know I was a bit old for it, but I'm probably retarted.  That would explain why I've been a fan of Matlock since I was like, um, 8.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
four shits - Aug. 23/04
« Reply #81 on: August 26, 2004, 07:31:18 pm »

Just to answer a question from some posts back:

1) Reading Rainbow <is> still on. Everytime we meet a man of African descent with a mustache, My five year old daughter tells me "He looks like LeVar".

2) Mr Rogers is still on - I think it was mentioned above, there was no farewell episode for this very reason.

A more recent but really clever and well-done show which my kid sometimes watches is "Read Between the Lions". Anyone seen that?
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
four shits - Aug. 23/04
« Reply #82 on: August 26, 2004, 08:30:33 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Anyway, Ghostwriter: I think I was just old enough to have contempt for it.


That'd make sense, since while I was wallowing in childish glee at the sassy adventures of the Ghostwriter team, my sister, who's now 23, could only appreciate it on the level of having a crush on Rob, the show's token dreamy poet.  Unfortunately, my Google-fu's off tonight and I can't find a picture of said dreamboat.


My big pre-teen crush was on Jonny Depp during "21 Jump Street."  He's still hot, although I hated that damn pirate movie.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
four shits - Aug. 23/04
« Reply #83 on: August 27, 2004, 12:54:10 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"

2) Mr Rogers is still on - I think it was mentioned above, there was no farewell episode for this very reason.

A more recent but really clever and well-done show which my kid sometimes watches is "Read Between the Lions". Anyone seen that?


Yeah, I catch Mr. Rogers on PBS Kids at about 1 in the a.m.s once a week or so.  It's a great way to reduce stress at the end of the day.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up