Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No, Philippe! Too soon!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The Jough-In-Ireland Request Thread  (Read 4608 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
The Jough-In-Ireland Request Thread
« on: August 25, 2004, 03:07:27 am »

Okay, folks, I'm on AIM with Jough. He's safe and sound (if on primitive Internet equipment and thus unable to access the board), and he's looking to see if anyone wants anything from Ireland. The only stipulations are:

* Jough is not wealthy; and
* No alcohol or hashish. (One assumes "anything that would get him in trouble with Customs" also falls in here.)
* Also, make the request within the next nine, ten hours. The clock is ticking.

E-mail requests to jough.dempsey@gmail.com.

Me, I'm askin' for a commemorative spoon.
Logged

TALKYdude

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 166
    • View Profile
The Jough-In-Ireland Request Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2004, 03:23:12 am »

Me frosted Lucky Charms.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
The Jough-In-Ireland Request Thread
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2004, 05:59:47 am »

Greetings from the Emerald Isle!

The most advanced computer they have in the whole nation is a Pentium I.  200Mhz.

I know high technology is considered a munition and all, but Sweet Jesus Fuck is this a backwards fuck*ng country, technologywise.

Meanwhile, fuck*ng Plagiarist.com is BLOCKED from here.  WTF?  My countrymen can't access my site?  

So here I am, VNCing into my office computer and running the browser through a little remote window.  It's amazing that it works at all, of course, but damn just typing one character is so slow that I am writing messages on the local machine, pasting into a text box, and then going out for coffee (which is really GREAT here - who knew?).

Well, I probably won't get to be online again after an hour from now.  So I guess requests for cheap swag will have to end around now.

I'll buy some crap to send to anyone who wants something stupid, like a FINE PEWTER LEPRECHAUN or something like a hand towel that says "Guinness" on it or something.  

They have green hamburgers for the tourists.  fuck*ng tourists.

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
The Jough-In-Ireland Request Thread
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2004, 06:02:00 am »

I'm selling these fine leather jackets.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
The Jough-In-Ireland Request Thread
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2004, 06:27:08 am »

See previous request for commemorative spoon.

My shame is mighty.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
The Jough-In-Ireland Request Thread
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2004, 06:29:12 am »

I asked my relations where I could find a "commemorative spoon" and they look at me as though I am insane (which is pretty much par for the course anyway) and say "Commemorating what?"

So what the HELL are you talking about, V?

V-Adore

  • Guest
The Jough-In-Ireland Request Thread
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2004, 06:35:01 am »

(oh my god I cannot believe I am actually doing this)

Haven't you seen these things before? They're these little spoons, in various degrees of chintziness, with little plaques on the handle that show where you got them. They're fairly ubiquitous in tourist traps -- or at least in the tourist traps I frequent, anyway. But if you can't find one, don't worry. I will live without.

(this is the part where I skitter into my lair, cringing, and attempt to wash away my PULSING SHAME)
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
The Jough-In-Ireland Request Thread
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2004, 06:37:31 am »

I swear I'm not just playing crazy here.  I have never seen or at least never noticed such a thing.

I did have a little spoon mounted on a board in my room growing up, with a little metal plaque glued on it that had like, Baby's First Spoon or some dipshit thing engraved on it.  It was some kind of idiotic baby shower gift from a distant relative on my mother's side.

I just always assumed it was some kind of Lithuanian tradition or something.

V-Adore

  • Guest
The Jough-In-Ireland Request Thread
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2004, 06:40:39 am »

Fair enough. I assumed it was a fairly commonplace chintz concept, but apparently I am WRONG, HORRIBLY WRONG, MY HOPES DASHED TO THE ROCKS --

Er. Yeah. I have been proven wrong. choke, sob, etc.
Logged

TALKYdude

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 166
    • View Profile
The Jough-In-Ireland Request Thread
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2004, 08:29:29 am »

Bring me the Blarney Stone, jough. Aye, aye, aye. It brings a tear to me eye.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
The Jough-In-Ireland Request Thread
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2004, 08:30:32 am »

Quote from: "TALKYdude"
Bring me the Blarney Stone, jough. Aye, aye, aye. It brings a tear to me eye.


Sharpen your boot an' put out yer eye, AYE AYE AYE....
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
The Jough-In-Ireland Request Thread
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2004, 10:19:20 am »

If you bring me a big bag of ordinary Tetley tea bags, I will totally drop some cash in yonder tip-jar.  Apparently those limey barstids keep all the good tea for themselves, while sending their weak, reject, Slightly Irregular teabags across the pond to us.

I know I'm nobody and new on the boards and have already offended Thee with my naked gravid belly, but please?
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
The Jough-In-Ireland Request Thread
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2004, 12:50:50 pm »

V, he's crazy.  EVERYONE knows what those spoons are.  If you send me your address I'll send you one from Washington DC in consolation.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
The Jough-In-Ireland Request Thread
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2004, 01:03:08 pm »

It's not that weird of a concept.

Or just do a google image search.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
The Jough-In-Ireland Request Thread
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2004, 01:19:06 pm »

I know what you mean, V, one of my friends started ironically collecting those at one point and I bought her some exceedingly repulsive royal family ones in London.
Logged
goose means greedy
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up