Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TERRIBLE!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Photo Contest  (Read 7144 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Photo Contest
« on: August 26, 2004, 01:14:52 pm »

Prizewinning photo doesn't really do it for me, but I do have an internet crush on the Golden Gate Bridge fella.
Logged
goose means greedy

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Photo Contest
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2004, 01:20:25 pm »

That's funny, the grand prize winner does it for me.  I, uh, gotta go now.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Photo Contest
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2004, 01:30:02 pm »

indeed, that was a contest worth waiting for.

and,,,

is that miles our miles?
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

TALKYdude

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 166
    • View Profile
Photo Contest
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2004, 01:49:00 pm »

And, where is the "I am in Chicago" one? I hope he'll put some of those on the extended entries page he does later. In fact I hope some of my fellow Chicagoans bothered to fuck*ng enter. I wish I had.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Photo Contest
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2004, 02:35:54 pm »

The winner is great. It's like our Suicide Girls meets Achewood which can only result in radness. I mean, hey, we have sections for both here already anyway
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Photo Contest
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2004, 05:10:20 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Prizewinning photo doesn't really do it for me, but I do have an internet crush on the Golden Gate Bridge fella.


Yes, me too.  Ah, bedhead does it for me every time.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
Photo Contest
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2004, 06:03:37 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
The winner is great. It's like our Suicide Girls meets Achewood which can only result in radness. I mean, hey, we have sections for both here already anyway


More like Maxim meets Achewood.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Photo Contest
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2004, 06:34:19 pm »

Quote from: "sailor"
More like Maxim meets Achewood.


Mark your calendars - sailor and I actually agree on something here.

If I have to see just one more self-consciously oh-so-sassy Naughty Mainstreamed-Indie Girl today, I may well vomit my lungs right out of my mouth.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Photo Contest
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2004, 06:41:39 pm »

I've never actually seen Maxim, Stuff, or the like so I'll take your word for it.
Logged

Formica

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 205
    • View Profile
Photo Contest
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2004, 08:01:32 pm »

Quote from: "sailor"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
The winner is great. It's like our Suicide Girls meets Achewood which can only result in radness. I mean, hey, we have sections for both here already anyway


More like Maxim meets Achewood.


Well if you want to get technical, it's Freezepop's frontwoman meets Achewood, but I guess that's nothing new.
Logged

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
Photo Contest
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2004, 08:33:19 pm »

Quote from: "arkabee"
is that miles our miles?

I would say no, definitely.  Our miles has indicated that he is 25, and Contest Miles is not.  I know Contest Miles from a completely different messageboard that isn't Dumbrella, oddly enough.
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Photo Contest
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2004, 09:05:49 pm »

Maybe he's just too young for me but... the Golden Gate Bridge guy, seriously?  His head is such a strange shape.  And what's with the ear?

(Sorry if you are reading this, GGB guy, I am sure you have a heart of gold and maybe even a cute butt, but this is what happens when you put your picture on the Internet.  That's why I sent in a picture of my dog.)
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Photo Contest
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2004, 09:39:49 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
And what's with the ear?


...what's wrong with his ear?  I went back to the picture and looked intently earward, but it looks fine to me.
Logged
goose means greedy

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Photo Contest
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2004, 10:38:50 pm »

I dunno, it looks like it's been pasted on at a funny angle.

It's a very amusing photograph though.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest
Photo Contest
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2004, 11:05:09 pm »

I sort of have an internet crush on Contest Miles, if only for his rad effort and shoes. The rest of the entries I am lukewarm about, although I have to admit that that is in fact a remarkable beverage garnish.

Did anyone here actually compete?
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up