Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that there is no way to put a picture of a pug in the News Box?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Photo Contest  (Read 7163 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Photo Contest
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2004, 12:39:11 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Did anyone here actually compete?


My dog did, but she doesn't actually post here, so maybe that doesn't count.  She was hoping that the dachshund was helping him judge the entries and she'd corner the small-dog demographic.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Photo Contest
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2004, 12:56:28 am »

Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Did anyone here actually compete?


My dog did, but she doesn't actually post here, so maybe that doesn't count.  She was hoping that the dachshund was helping him judge the entries and she'd corner the small-dog demographic.


I have an internet crush on Wombat.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Photo Contest
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2004, 03:11:21 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I sort of have an internet crush on Contest Miles, if only for his rad effort and shoes. The rest of the entries I am lukewarm about, although I have to admit that that is in fact a remarkable beverage garnish.

Did anyone here actually compete?


Heh, I totally feel like a dirty old lady for thinkin this, but the GGB and Contest Miles are ten kinds of hot. I'd hit it.
Logged

Mercury

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1
    • View Profile
Photo Contest
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2004, 06:00:54 am »

The black/pink-headed girl in the gray Todd shirt is Liz from Freezepop, yeah, and I'm going to go ahead and guess that, since the band is all in love with Achewood and similarly vice versa, the "Sean" who took the pictures is also in the band as well (he plays Casio).

That said, who are the other three girls in the picture? I can't really place the redhead but I KNOW I've seen the orgasm-looking one in the Rabbit Ambulance shirt, and the blonde in the "Everybody Dance" shirt, many times before.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Photo Contest
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2004, 12:21:52 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"


I have an internet crush on Wombat.


What a relief.  I thought I'd lost you to Va.

Is that our Ferocious J in front of the bridge in the new photos?  I thought he spelled it Jon, but since my dog spells her name Lilly with two L's I'm thinking Onstad is not a stickler for this kind of detail.

And, does he have some kind of prejudice in favor of people named Chris or what?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Photo Contest
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2004, 12:42:57 pm »

That is totally FeroJ. Don't you recognize "CARNATION INSTANT AWESOME (TM)" when you see it?
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Photo Contest
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2004, 01:27:02 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "AugustWest"


I have an internet crush on Wombat.


What a relief.  I thought I'd lost you to Va.

Is that our Ferocious J in front of the bridge in the new photos?  I thought he spelled it Jon, but since my dog spells her name Lilly with two L's I'm thinking Onstad is not a stickler for this kind of detail.

And, does he have some kind of prejudice in favor of people named Chris or what?


Props to Va and all, but that could not happen.  Also, I have plenty of internet love to go around to all the ladies.  I'm looking at you V. (and Va).  (and Mite)  (and SideShow) (and JL) (and Linnea) (and Alucia).
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Photo Contest
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2004, 01:29:29 pm »

PS WOMBAT YOUR DOG IS VERY WEE AND CUTE.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Photo Contest
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2004, 01:30:33 pm »

Quote from: "Mercury"
The black/pink-headed girl in the gray Todd shirt is Liz from Freezepop, yeah, and I'm going to go ahead and guess that, since the band is all in love with Achewood and similarly vice versa, the "Sean" who took the pictures is also in the band as well (he plays Casio).


I'm sorry, but that kind of sucks.  Actually, it sucks nine ways from Sunday for Onstad to give the grand prize to his buddies in the band he plugs.

FIX! FIX!

This in no way changes my opinion that chicks in the rigged contest winning pictures are hot.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
Photo Contest
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2004, 01:54:00 pm »

In any sort of contest, hot chicks always win, even if they don't participate.  This is one of the fundamental truths of the universe.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Photo Contest
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2004, 02:41:20 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
I'm sorry, but that kind of sucks.  Actually, it sucks nine ways from Sunday for Onstad to give the grand prize to his buddies in the band he plugs.

FIX! FIX!


Quote from: "The Judge"
I know Sean, he's a friend of mine. I can't in good conscience let him compete for the advertised prizes; yet I can't in good conscience not give Sean's photo set top honors. Sean, we'll work something out. I have some ideas.


[edit: New rank, bitches! w00t!]
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Photo Contest
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2004, 02:53:52 pm »

After being so thoroughly and definitively CJ'ed all I can add is another...

WOOT.  A big ol' WOOT.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Photo Contest
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2004, 03:23:50 pm »

Quote from: "Va"
In any sort of contest, hot chicks always win, even if they don't participate.  This is one of the fundamental truths of the universe.


I'll join this bandwagon: you=rad.

And wombat, I am very glad to know that in real life your dog does not have EXACTLY THE SAME NAME AS ME.
Logged
goose means greedy

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
Photo Contest
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2004, 06:58:47 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
Is that our Ferocious J in front of the bridge in the new photos?  I thought he spelled it Jon, but since my dog spells her name Lilly with two L's I'm thinking Onstad is not a stickler for this kind of detail.

That is indeed me!  And I do spell it without an H, but I'm not keeping score or anything.  I like your dog!
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

V-Adore

  • Guest
Photo Contest
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2004, 07:01:26 pm »

Yeah, I have to agree that it's kind of lame that the Freezepop Girls win again, even if I can sort of see why. I still think Internet Miles was robbed, though.

Also, FeroJ and Wombat: AWESOME. You guys rule, and Lilly is very cute. (I suspect FeroJ got DQ'd for not actually showing his shirt, but it's an awesome pic nonetheless.)
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up