Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Surprising fact: toothpaste is a complete protein.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: YEEE HAH!  (Read 5666 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
YEEE HAH!
« on: August 27, 2004, 01:01:58 am »

Folks, you may not believe it, and I don't want you to be jealous, but apparently...


I AM THE 1,000,000th visitor to this website.  Imagine my luck.  Nothing like this ever happens to me.  I, I ... I'm just so overwhelmed.  All those people here before me, and I hit it right on 1,000,000.  What are the odds?

And wow, give it up for the forum too!  A million visitors in just over a year.  That's incredible.  We rock folks.  We..Are..Rad.

So Jough, what do I win?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
YEEE HAH!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2004, 01:03:13 am »

All kidding aside, I am actually happy today because my Jeopardy check came in the mail.  Time for a spending spree!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

TALKYdude

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 166
    • View Profile
YEEE HAH!
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2004, 01:04:40 am »

What?! You were on Jeopardy? How much did you win, AugustWest?
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
YEEE HAH!
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2004, 01:16:31 am »

My 2-day total was $31,100.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
YEEE HAH!
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2004, 01:22:08 am »

That's rad on both counts-
Actually, the video of you on Jeopardy came up on my Winamp shuffle this morning.  Congratulations again.
Logged
goose means greedy

TALKYdude

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 166
    • View Profile
YEEE HAH!
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2004, 01:25:47 am »

Wow! That is so awesome. That is the awesomest. It's always kind of been my fantasy to get on Jeopardy because of how I'm such a nerd and always know the answers and everything. It's kind of inspiring to, like, be on the same message board as some guy who actually did it.
When were you on? You talk about it like everyone obviously already knows all about it, so there must be a thread somewhere about it. Just point me there if you prefer.
I only started reading the rest of these forums a few days ago, I was on the Achewood-only forum until now. I kind of didn't exactly realize everyone who hung out at the Achewood forum was in here too, I thought the rest of the board was for people who visit this mysterious plagiarist.com url. I finally got curious and looked at plagiarist, then decided to check out the non-Achewood forums. The visual separation of the Achewood area from everything else really threw me for a loop, I thought there were two whole separate commentariats living side by side.
In hindsight, I should have figured it out based on the fact that I have to type achewood.plagiarist.com to visit here. Sigh. Maybe I should delete my long explanation of my dumbassery.
Logged

TALKYdude

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 166
    • View Profile
YEEE HAH!
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2004, 01:27:11 am »

andalucia, there's video? Sweet zombie ***** jesus wearing #####. OK, please tell me where I go to get it. This is so fun. And funny.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Logged

TALKYdude

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 166
    • View Profile
YEEE HAH!
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2004, 01:30:33 am »

CortJstr'd. Thangyu suh!
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
YEEE HAH!
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2004, 01:31:39 am »

Congratulations again, August.  I still have a CD here with higher-res video captures of you on the show, but I've been meaning to send it with a new mix CD and some trinkets from Europe, so get ready!

And Talky, there was video of AW's two appearances on J! but I had to take them down DUE TO BANDWIDTH.

TALKYdude

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 166
    • View Profile
YEEE HAH!
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2004, 01:34:46 am »

Dang, jough took them down. Anyone willing to bung them over to me, one way or another? I beseech you, mighty jough of the hugenormous dangalang, to put them back up for a one-time downloader.
300 times? Wow. Only 197 people are registered on the board. So all of them and another 103 people were interested enough to watch a Jeopardy episode of some guy on the internet? I have more faith in humanity's essential goodness tonight for some reason.
Logged

TALKYdude

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 166
    • View Profile
YEEE HAH!
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2004, 01:35:46 am »

jough, would a small donation curry enough favor to get them back up long enough for me to download? Do you have a tip jar up in hyuh?
Update: I see there's a "jough fundraiser" thread a few threads down this forum. Would a ten spot do the trick? I'm kind of poor at the moment.
Update again: done. I hope this works and you put them back up but if not I'll just count it as a tip and start pronouncing your name "dick".
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
YEEE HAH!
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2004, 01:42:16 am »

Quote from: "TALKYdude"
Do you have a tip jar up in hyuh?

Wow, you really aren't very observant today. There's a tip jar link at the bottom of every single page.
"Tip Jar: Brother, can you spare a dime?"
Logged

TALKYdude

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 166
    • View Profile
YEEE HAH!
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2004, 01:44:15 am »

Oh, wow, thanks, CortJstr-yup, I amazingly missed it. I see he's got his own payment processing. jough, if you want refund my paypal donation and I'll redo it this other way, I'm sure that'll save you a little on paypal fees (those extortionists).
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
YEEE HAH!
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2004, 01:55:59 am »

I pay fees either way, so PayPal's fine.

Thank you.

It'll take about an hour to re-upload them (slow Comcast uploads here) but only a few minutes to download them.

I'll post a URL once they're up.  I guess anyone who missed them can get them now, and I have some extra bw for this month anyway.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up