Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Wife upset because I kept her up all night playing World of Snorecraft.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Olympia, WA --hecka rad indie fest  (Read 3738 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
Olympia, WA --hecka rad indie fest
« on: August 27, 2004, 07:30:18 am »

Anyone in the NW should check this:::-sailor


Hello everyone!

Welcome to the special YEAH! FEST! version of the KRS newsletter.

We've been busy, busy, busy over here working on the festival and
wanted to update you on what's been going on.  The schedule has been
announced (see below), the passes are on sale, we are still working
on adding about 10 more bands, and it's just around the corner!

==================
WHAT IS YEAH! FEST! ?
==================

YEAH! FEST!
a bands against bush event
September 10-12, 2004
Olympia, WA @ Eagle's Hall (corner of 4th and plum)

At some point we had this idea that we could rent out the ENTIRE
Eagles Hall in downtown Olympia for an ENTIRE weekend for a big
party. The mini-fest was born. Then it turned into the YEAH! FEST!.
We were thinking something to benefit the community, bands, and a
couple charities. SO, it's the YEAH! FEST!, a three day party that
will include three floors of continuous bands Friday night, Saturday
afternoon and night, and Sunday afternoon commencing with a dance
party Sunday night along with art shows, possible workshops and
spoken word.

Other things will happen besides just rock bands too - there will be
art exhibited and a dance. Kill Rock Stars is a major sponsor of this
event, but not the only sponsor.

All profits after paying the bands and expenses will go to Safeplace
http://www.safeplaceolympia.org/ and the
League of PISSED OFF voters
http://www.indyvoter.org/


============
THE SCHEDULE:
============

Okay, to make sense of the info below you have to remember that the
festival is being held in one building, the Eagle's Hall, where there
are three stages (basement, top floor, and the ballroom).  We will be
having shows in all rooms at the same time and staggering the bands
so you can see some of all of the sets if you wish.

Friday September 10th
8:20 Crazy 88s (basement)
8:40 Wet Confetti (top floor)
9:00 Mecca Normal (ballroom)
9:20 Le Ton Mite (basement)
9:40 The Waxfire (top floor)
10:00 The King Cobra (ballroom)
10:20 The Hunches (basement)
10:40 Palisades (top floor)
11:00 Glass Candy (ballroom)
11:20 Sleetmute Nightmute (basement)
11:40 Big Empty (top floor)

Saturday September 11th
2:20 The Punks (basement)
2:40 People who are Vampires and don't know it yet (top floor)
3:00 Hello Cuca (ballroom)
3:20 The Planet The (basement)
3:40 Tom Heinl (top floor)
4:00 Xiu Xiu (ballroom)
4:20 Joey Casio (basement)
4:40 Amps For Christ (top floor)
5:00 Mirah with The Black Cat Orchestra (ballroom)
5:20 Mae Shi (basement)
5:40 Old Haunts (top floor)
6:00 Deerhoof (ballroom)

break

8:20 Biography of Ferns (basement)
8:40 Nedelle (top floor)
9:00 Anna Oxygen (ballroom)
9:20 Mind your Pig, Latoya (basement)
9:40 Jeff Hanson (top floor)
10:00 Numbers (ballroom)
10:20 Other Ghost (basement)
10:40 The Legend! (top floor)
11:00 Gossip (ballroom)
11:20 November Witch (basement)
11:40 Submission Hold (top floor)
12:00 The Decemberists (ballroom)

Sunday September 12th
4:20 Becky (basement)
4:40 PS I love you (top floor)
5:00 Female Hip Hop Alliance (ballroom)
5:20 Spider and the Webs (basement)
5:40 Sedan (top floor)
6:00 Scream Club (ballroom)
6:20 Montir Batssss (basement)
6:40 Al Larsen (top floor)
7:00 Shoplifting (ballroom)
7:20 Wives (basement)
7:40 Lyrebird (top floor)
8:00 The Makers (ballroom)
8:20 Shady Ladies (basement)
8:40 The Strangers (top floor)
9:00 Bangs - the final show (ballroom)

afterwards:
"our troubled discotheque" with DJ Nightschool

=======
PASSES
=======

Come out and join us! This event WILL NOT happen again.  It is a
benefit to raise awareness and money to defeat GWB!  The venues are
intimate (the ballroom is only 209 capacity), so this will be your
chance to see some great bands from all over the world in a cozy
environment.

Your ticket will be a full pass to the entire event.

Pass types:
$50 - "basic full pass" (which will include a goodie bag
and program)
$75 - "full pass plus" (includes the goodie bag and a
"merch pack"
which will include an exclusive T-shirt, a nice CDR compilation of
some of the bands that play the Yeah! Fest!, and other goodies)
$100 - "Supporter" (includes all the other stuff plus good
karma and
a thank you note from the Yeah Fest organizers)
$250 - "Bigtime Supporter" (speaks for itself)

Tickets on sale at Buyolympia
http://www.buyolympia.com/events/index.php?details=115


If you are coming from out of town and need advice on a place to
stay, write us at info@yeahfest.com.


For more info on the festival check out the web site at http://www.yeahfest.com
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Olympia, WA --hecka rad indie fest
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2004, 03:15:22 pm »

Yeah, I subscribe to the KRS newsletter, and every week it just makes me sad I'm not in or near Olympia.  Oh, the music I'd see.
Logged
goose means greedy

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Olympia, WA --hecka rad indie fest
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2004, 03:19:44 pm »

Sailor, are you in any way involved with this festival?

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Olympia, WA --hecka rad indie fest
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2004, 04:20:08 pm »

I have no idea who Biography of Ferns or Mind Your Pig, Latoya are, but just from their names, I love them.

But I would only go to see November Witch if they performed underneath an upside-down cross that dripped blood.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Olympia, WA --hecka rad indie fest
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2004, 07:12:01 pm »

Yeah, there are some excellent band names there and some really reprehensible ones. (This is why I love indie-fests; half the bands have fantastic names, and half of them have "I dunno, let's just call the band something" or super-indier-than-thou names.)

I think my favorite is "People who are Vampires and don't know it yet." It sounds like Beef describing baby-bat embryonic goths.
Logged

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
Olympia, WA --hecka rad indie fest
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2004, 12:46:00 am »

Quote from: "jough"
Sailor, are you in any way involved with this festival?


Yeah, i was involved in the planning and such and i'll be working the door sometimes and other stuff. My band would be playing if we didn't just kick out our singer for being 'tarded.

Quote
I have no idea who Biography of Ferns or Mind Your Pig, Latoya are, but just from their names, I love them.


MYPL consists of one of my roomates and another girl; Bio o ferns i have no idea.

Quote
I think my favorite is "People who are Vampires and don't know it yet." It sounds like Beef describing baby-bat embryonic goths.


PWAVADKIY is my friend ross and his GF.

I will tell these people of your admiration of their band names.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Olympia, WA --hecka rad indie fest
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2004, 01:04:53 am »

I was just reading this again, and although I am seven kinds of happy to now be living in a big city where bands play, I would sell my soul to live in a city where I could see Xiu Xiu, the Decemberists, the Gossip and Submission Hold in the same day, although presumably it is for the best, since I would probably die of geeky happiness.
Have fun, sailor.
Logged
goose means greedy

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Olympia, WA --hecka rad indie fest
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2004, 06:48:03 am »

Looks like a fun fest.  

Not that it needs extra publicity or anything, but in the future, people, let me know about these things you're involved in at least a month in advance, and I'll help spread the word.  An extra few million eyes can't hurt, no?

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
Olympia, WA --hecka rad indie fest
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2004, 08:16:00 am »

Quote from: "jough"
Looks like a fun fest.  

Not that it needs extra publicity or anything, but in the future, people, let me know about these things you're involved in at least a month in advance, and I'll help spread the word.  An extra few million eyes can't hurt, no?


Good point. I wasn't all jumpy about it on this board cos' I think i'm the sole NW'ster up in this shizzit. i posted a thread long ago asking y'all if we were in the same 'hood and got little response.

BUT I KNOW YOU ARE WITH ME IN SPIRIT.

and if anyone is actually planning to go, we just added day passes, so you don't hafta pay $50 to see just one night of shows.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Olympia, WA --hecka rad indie fest
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2004, 04:15:22 pm »

Quote from: "sailor"

Good point. I wasn't all jumpy about it on this board cos' I think i'm the sole NW'ster up in this shizzit. i posted a thread long ago asking y'all if we were in the same 'hood and got little response.

BUT I KNOW YOU ARE WITH ME IN SPIRIT.


God damn, I picked a shitty time to leave Seattle, didn't I.  The weather sucks here (in Middle of nowhere, MO), I'd have to drive 100 miles to see any band, and now I'm missing this bad boy of a fest.  Stupid adult responsibilities...

Looks like a good time, though.  Have some fun on my behalf.  Please?

Oh, and yeah, there's not a large NW US contingent on this board.  Nabubrush, when he's around, and maybe a couple a folks in ID.
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Olympia, WA --hecka rad indie fest
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2004, 05:33:28 pm »

Nabu!  I miss Nabu.

Is there any way I can get a tshirt from Mind Your Pig, Latoya?  Cost is almost no object.  Don't tell me they don't have a tshirt, or I will lose all faith in America.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest
Olympia, WA --hecka rad indie fest
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2004, 07:39:13 pm »

I, too, might be willing to pay for shirts from "People who are Vampires and don't know it yet," "Biography of Ferns," or "Anna Oxygen." I need indie cred, plus the names are rad.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up