Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Metallica would be a lot less powerful if they ended every show by reciting the ABCs.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Who/what bought this van?  (Read 7937 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

satchel

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 108
    • View Profile
Who/what bought this van?
« on: August 08, 2003, 07:04:33 pm »

In the strip Todd’s license plate frame, is “Suckin’ Dick” a used car dealer or the act of fellatio? I always thought it was a verb-object combo, but now I wonder if it’s a name.

Maybe it’s supposed to be ambiguous (ambiguty is my secondmost favorite characteristic of Achewood).
Logged
[size=10]Remember when Buffy's mom grounded her, sighing that the world wasn't going to end if Buffy didn't go out with her friends that night? But the world really was going to end![/size]

V-Adore

  • Guest
Who/what bought this van?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2003, 07:09:57 pm »

If it's a name, that could also imply that Suckin' Dick was some kind of nickname of Todd's.

Disturbing... but with the state of squirrel culture in Achewood, entirely possible.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Who/what bought this van?
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2003, 07:11:37 pm »

I thought the point was it was an unnoticed (due to his illiteracy) involuntary nickname of Todd's, given to him by the car dealer, who in some way he pissed off. I guess maybe he like, vomited in the guys coffee or something. You know that Todd. Or maybe he boned the guys daughter without realising it.
Perhaps.... both!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Who/what bought this van?
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2003, 07:16:17 pm »

I think you're overthinking, but weird idea anyhow.  "Suckin' Dick" is the name of the car dealer, kinda like "Crazy Eddie".  It would make for some wacky advertising campaigns.


Nobody walks away from Suckin' Dicks!

Get a free trip to Disney World with a test drive at Suckin' Dicks!

Suckin' Dicks: We finance everybody!

Suckin' Dicks: Buy here, pay here.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

yahnai

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 43
    • View Profile
Who/what bought this van?
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2003, 07:18:39 pm »

Obviously, the previous owner of the van (or was it Todd?) sucked dick to pay for the van.  He's a man-whore.  Or a squirrel-whore, as the case may be.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Who/what bought this van?
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2003, 07:21:32 pm »

Yeah, the previous owner sucked dick to buy the van, and then put that licence plate holder on it.

Todd bought the van and never thought to take off the old holder, because he's illiterate.

Is this really that hard to understand?

V-Adore

  • Guest
Who/what bought this van?
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2003, 07:24:52 pm »

Nah, but if you can't use this board to kick around blatantly insane Achewood conspiracy theories, what is it good for? (... okay, besides rational discussion. Work with me here.)

That said... the idea that the original owner put the license plate holder on personally, to show how s/he got the van, is weird and intriguing -- I'd always assumed it was a direct prank on Todd. Was this previous owner proud of having bought the van through suckin' dick? Did they get compliments on it?

"Hey, couldn't help but notice that suckin' dick bought you that van. Nicely done." "Thanks; it was nothing, really..."
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Who/what bought this van?
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2003, 07:28:20 pm »

I've thought of that, too.  When I first read it I thought it was a joke on Todd, because who would be proud of their hard cock-sucking work (as opposed to hard-cock-sucking work)?

"You like that?  Do you have any idea how much dick I had to suck to buy that van?  Vans are expensive - so I assure you, it was a lot.  Say.... do you have $20?"

I made up the $20 because I have no idea what getting one's dick sucked costs (usually about two dates, dinners, and/or movies - but I digress).

V-Adore

  • Guest
Who/what bought this van?
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2003, 07:33:22 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
"You like that? Do you have any idea how much dick I had to suck to buy that van? Vans are expensive - so I assure you, it was a lot. Say.... do you have $20?"

This is also true. I too have no idea on the going rate of dick-sucking these days, especially among squirrels, but being able to buy a van purely on dick-sucking revenue is an impressive display of work ethic.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Who/what bought this van?
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2003, 08:17:58 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"

That said... the idea that the original owner put the license plate holder on personally, to show how s/he got the van, is weird and intriguing..."


Isn't Todd's van a Barbie van?  

That would seem to explain it.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Who/what bought this van?
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2003, 08:42:54 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Was this previous owner proud of having bought the van through suckin' dick? Did they get compliments on it?


I dunno, I've seem some weird plate holders and stickers out there. It people will put "Starfleet Academy", "Professor Xavier's School for the Gifted", or "Anime: Crack Would Be Cheaper" stickers on their vehicles this doesn't seem so far-fetched.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Who/what bought this van?
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2003, 08:45:29 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Quote from: "V-Adore"

That said... the idea that the original owner put the license plate holder on personally, to show how s/he got the van, is weird and intriguing..."


Isn't Todd's van a Barbie van?  

That would seem to explain it.

Shouldn't that be "Bein' Posed By a 13-Year-Old Girl Such That I Would Be Suckin' Dick If Ken Didn't Have Molded-On Underwear Bought This Van," then?
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Who/what bought this van?
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2003, 08:45:45 pm »

Let's not forget the strange-but-true vanity plate I posted about on Dumbrella half a year ago:

ANUSTART

Some people have no shame.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

V-Adore

  • Guest
Who/what bought this van?
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2003, 08:47:15 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"

ANUSTART

Some people do have no shame. Or at least no ability to proofread their vanity plates.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Who/what bought this van?
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2003, 08:47:55 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Shouldn't that be "Bein' Posed By a 13-Year-Old Girl Such That I Would Be Suckin' Dick If Ken Didn't Have Molded-On Underwear Bought This Van," then?


If the stuffed animals are alive, couldn't Barbie be running around in a tube top and jeans so tight you can see the outline of the condom in her back pocket?  

I mean, it could happen.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up