Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

When the creations of a genius collide with the mind of a layman, and produce an empty sound, there is little doubt as to which is at fault. - Salvador Dali

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: I am the toilet! (August 30)  (Read 4732 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
I am the toilet! (August 30)
« on: August 29, 2004, 04:22:42 pm »

I don't know which would flip me out more: if the toilet started speaking to me spontaneously, or if an alive stuffed otter was underneath it doing the talking.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
I am the toilet! (August 30)
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2004, 05:02:05 pm »

Does Mr. Bear ever get to poop in peace? Dang, people.
Logged

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
I am the toilet! (August 30)
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2004, 05:05:07 pm »

Does Phillipe think that the Cadillac sale counts as a top news story, or a paid ad?
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
I am the toilet! (August 30)
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2004, 05:16:19 pm »

Quote from: "sjlimmer"
Does Phillipe think that the Cadillac sale counts as a top news story, or a paid ad?


Philippe, bless his alive stuffed heart, probably believes that anything with a large typeface, lots of exclamation points, and a large proportion of the printed page is a top news story.

And it's Cadillacs.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
I am the toilet! (August 30)
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2004, 05:30:07 pm »

I love Philippe so hard.  That's all I have to say.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
I am the toilet! (August 30)
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2004, 05:34:40 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
alive stuffed heart


...eeew.
Logged
goose means greedy

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
I am the toilet! (August 30)
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2004, 06:28:00 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Does Mr. Bear ever get to poop in peace? Dang, people.


Mr. Jstr,

I was waving the arrow over "ever" or "in peace" for a link to a previous strip.  Where was it??  Where's the link?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
I am the toilet! (August 30)
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2004, 06:46:47 pm »

Quote from: "miles"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Does Mr. Bear ever get to poop in peace? Dang, people.

Mr. Jstr,

I was waving the arrow over "ever" or "in peace" for a link to a previous strip.  Where was it??  Where's the link?

Corrected.
Logged

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
I am the toilet! (August 30)
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2004, 07:12:45 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "miles"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Does Mr. Bear ever get to poop in peace? Dang, people.

Mr. Jstr,

I was waving the arrow over "ever" or "in peace" for a link to a previous strip.  Where was it??  Where's the link?

Corrected.


Man, hasn't anyone tried to teach Philippe the concept of privacy?  Is he one of those little kids that goes to the bathroom with the door open*?

*I was one of those kids
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
I am the toilet! (August 30)
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2004, 07:35:51 pm »

It's strange -- Philippe seems to be self-conscious about his own toilette but blithely uncaring about the privacy of others, or at least Mr. Bear. Very, very strange.
Logged

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
I am the toilet! (August 30)
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2004, 03:10:28 pm »

This strip actually reminds me of a game me and my sister used to play when we were kids called "poop-hole".  (Don't worry, it's not nearly as gross as it sounds - nothing German about it at all.)  

Poop-hole involved gathering our stuffed animals and other various toys together in the bathtub (drained and dry, of course.)  In the game, though, the bathtub wasn't a bathtub - it was a big old butt-crack.  After the toys had been deposited (or should I say supposited, we'd sit around for a bit until one of use gave the "signal," which was a repetitive grunting sound which signified that a poop was ready to emerge from the butt.  Now we had to rescue the toys and make sure they made it safely out of the bathroom, through the hall and into the living room before they could be overtaken by the giant imaginary turd.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
I am the toilet! (August 30)
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2004, 03:38:19 pm »

No, not quite as gross as it sounds, but still too goddamned much information
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
I am the toilet! (August 30)
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2004, 03:58:56 pm »

::backs away slowly from Mantonio::
Logged

Steve Hogan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 167
    • View Profile
    • http://www.steve-hogan.com/
I am the toilet! (August 30)
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2004, 04:04:19 pm »

Perhaps the Dutch were inspired by old Crumb cartoons.

Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
I am the toilet! (August 30)
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2004, 04:53:06 pm »

Quote from: "Mantonio"
This strip actually reminds me of a game me and my sister used to play when we were kids called "poop-hole".  (Don't worry, it's not nearly as gross as it sounds - nothing German about it at all.)  


No, nothing gross, just really, really bizarre.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up