Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit? - Nabu

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.  (Read 9543 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2004, 05:31:25 pm »

Everything was fine until CortJstr ruined my joke.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2004, 06:29:49 pm »

Quote from: "Va"
Everything was fine until CortJstr ruined my joke.

Fine, kick me while I'm down. Isn't it bad enough that I already feel quite the Shemp?
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2004, 07:21:10 pm »

I was under the impression that "pot you listen to" was some of the stranger Led Zeppelin albums, with the Grateful Dead as a decent alternative (or Phish, for the washed-out).
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2004, 07:33:26 pm »

Quote from: "Va"
Limmo started it.


Va keeps touching me.  STOP IT!  Are we there yet?

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I was under the impression that "pot you listen to" was some of the stranger Led Zeppelin albums, with the Grateful Dead as a decent alternative (or Phish, for the washed-out).


If had to pick one album which fit that definition, it would be this one.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2004, 07:36:44 pm »

Quote from: "Limmo"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I was under the impression that "pot you listen to" was some of the stranger Led Zeppelin albums, with the Grateful Dead as a decent alternative (or Phish, for the washed-out).


If had to pick one album which fit that definition, it would be this one.

Well, I certainly can't argue with...
Quote from: "some caps-happy guy on Amazon"
ONE RIFF.OVER FIFTY MINUTES.ONE...RIFFFF....THIS IS SO HEAVY,AMAZON WILL NEED TO DELIVER TO YOUR HOUSE WITH A FORKLIFT.YOU WILL THROW YOUR BACK OUT JUST OPENING THE JEWEL CASE.THIS IS NOT "MUSIC",BUT DIVINE MEDITATION.HALF WAY THRU AND YOU WILL BE DEEP IN TRANCE.BY THE END,YOU WILL BE WISHING THIS WAS A 10 DISC BOXSET.

Sounds like pot in a jewel case to me.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2004, 07:50:46 pm »

I think I shall have to look into this album.


As it stands, the quintessence of drugs in audio form as far as I am aware is this stuff.
Logged
goose means greedy

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2004, 08:00:08 pm »

Ah, yes, Gentle Giant.   Like a happier, less crusty Jethro Tull.

I love that Sleep got $175,000 from London Records and spent it all on Orange amps and weed, and then recorded one 52-minute song about serving Christ through getting high.  Yay Sleep.  There's also a 62-minute version of the same song called Dopesmoker, for those who found Jerusalem too ambiguous a title.

Oh, and can someone please split this thread?
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2004, 11:52:54 am »

Yeah, I like this, but I also have Things To Say regarding the blogs and stuff.
Logged
goose means greedy

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2004, 02:38:16 pm »

I do as well.  I am very happy that Nice Pete has finally written the second chapter of his book.
Logged

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2004, 02:43:13 pm »

Also, it is very damn cool that Philippe is getting in on Ray's Gravy Train.  

What the hell would Philippe do with fifty bucks?
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2004, 06:29:39 pm »

With $50 he could buy ten votes in Southern Cuh-lee-FORN-ya.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2004, 06:37:21 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Yeah, I like this, but I also have Things To Say regarding the blogs and stuff.


I misunderstood the nature of thread splitting.  I thought you could just kind of, you know, airlift out the part about stoniness and keep the blog part going.  I'll sit in the corner now and be quiet.  

Oh wait, no I won't:

Quote from: "jough"
With $50 he could buy ten votes in Southern Cuh-lee-FORN-ya.


What are you trying to imply here, Jough?  That we Southern California types sell votes?  That we are merely corrupt stooges whose precious Constitutional rights can be pawned away for something as minor as a $5 bill?  You are wrong, sir!  Wrong!

Unless if you know anyone at CAA who can read my script.  Then I'll vote for whoever you want.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2004, 06:46:06 pm »

wrong thread
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2004, 07:28:16 pm »

Oh man, how does that even HAPPEN?

I will have to ask my constituents.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2004, 07:51:11 pm »

I'm not sure I trust Philippe with fifty bucks. I suspect Bad Things will happen.

Nice Pete's book is really heating up, though.

(Also, I am going to leave the dope-music conversation in the thread. I may airlift it out later when I'm not feeling so bucolic.)
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up