Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat changed her avatar back and no one noticed. Her feelings are hurt.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Good bye to all...  (Read 3936 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Good bye to all...
« on: September 02, 2004, 06:14:43 pm »

Well all, it's been a slice, but it's time for me to say good-bye.

My wonderful journalism project ends tomorrow, and this means I will be sans internet for at least a good while to come.  If I get the writing grant I've applied for to write my next play in November, then I will have the funds to turn my home computer into a functional, online one, and will be back online. The whole art’s grant process has a great big question mark hanging over it - it's in the hands of a judges panel, and it’s my first time applying for one.  

I've got a huge roster of plays to direct and am launching off into a very exciting yet extremely financially difficult phase in my life.  This is the sort of thing that I know I have to do now, in my 20's when I'm young and resilient, and still have the ovaries to be a total shit disturber.  Not knowing where the pay checks will be coming from is, obviously very, very scary!  Aw hell - I worked two years in a cubicle with someone screaming in my ear, and felt my soul being sucked out, and now's the time for me to connect with humanity and all things beautiful again.  If things with the theatre don't work out the way I hope my SO and I are looking at moving to Thailand to teach English, so all the prospects for the future are joyus.  All signs point to yes.

While I'm writing this Green Day's "Time of Your Life" has just come on to the radio, and I'm feelin' all maudlin now.

Anyway - you've all been the nicest thread-of-random-strands-of-words-strung-together I've ever come across.

Hella’ thanks to you all,

side_show Melanie
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Good bye to all...
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2004, 06:18:51 pm »

Aw, man.  I hate goodbyes.  

Best of luck to you in whatever you wind up doing -plays, Thailand, or both.  Y'all come back now, y'hear?
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Good bye to all...
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2004, 06:25:20 pm »

We'll miss you.  Stop in and see us once in a while.  They have the intarweb in public libraries, you know.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Good bye to all...
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2004, 06:28:03 pm »

Take care, Smells.  You'll be missed.

Come back when you find internet access somewhere, like schools, libraries, internet cafés, friends' houses, cell phones, some kinds of really nice toasters, cable set top boxes, TiVos - you know, if you should happen to come into contact with any of these things - give us a shout-out.

/me holds up a lighter and chants "Na, na na, na na na na, na na na na, HEY MELANIE!"

I guess I gotta pay Paul McCartney now.

Be well.  And break many legs.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Good bye to all...
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2004, 07:15:27 pm »

What Jough said.  You're hooked now, you love the freakin' Internet.  You'll be back, you'll find a way.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Good bye to all...
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2004, 07:19:15 pm »

Being a noob, I wasn't able to fully see the glory of side_show, but from what I saw, you're pretty freakin' awesome. Good luck with everything, and don't be a complete stranger.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Good bye to all...
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2004, 07:34:15 pm »

You'll be missed, but at least you'll be off living a dream. Best of luck to you wherever your path may lead you, and if that path happens to cross ours, well, you'll always be welcome here.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Good bye to all...
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2004, 08:30:16 pm »

Shucks.


Seconded on all the "stop in every once in a while sentiment"- it was always nice having another Canadian around, 'specially one as rad as yourself.  

Best luck in all future ventures and hope to see you back around here some time.
Logged
goose means greedy

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Good bye to all...
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2004, 08:31:08 pm »

What, they don't have public libraries where you live? Get thee to the internet!
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Good bye to all...
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2004, 08:59:25 pm »

Yea. You stop in...

Best of luck to you, whatever it is you end up doing, and hope to see you around soon!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Good bye to all...
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2004, 09:03:26 pm »

Shucks all!

Quote from: "CortJstr"
What, they don't have public libraries where you live? Get thee to the internet!


I know, I know. The only library even close to where I live is closed while undergoing a massive renovation, and will reopen next summer and be there after referred to as the "millenium library" - cha, five years to late guys.  

The guy who rents the upstairs of my house once offered to do some sort of illegal hook up through his connection, so who knows.  Maybe if I grease his palms a tad...

I will be around a great deal tomorrow, as I'm done all my work, am totally packed up, and just have to basically sit out the clock before my last paycheck is ready at 3:30.

I will mooch a little net time off my parents every so often, but that will mean actually spending time with them, and the repeatedly frustrating issue of once again explaining to my mother how to send a picture through email,  (I've shown her how to do this five times now, and the last two I had her write down how to do it... grrr.) or showing my father how to send attachments, also for about the 100th time.  They both have that sort of attitude that if they do something wrong on the computer it will explode or something, so they get paralyzed when they don't know what to do - it'd be funny, if it weren't the same damn thing over and over, and about something I have so little patience for.  Gah!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

TALKYdude

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 166
    • View Profile
Good bye to all...
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2004, 10:39:49 pm »

I'm sad to see you go, side_show. I hope that whole thing works out for you.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Good bye to all...
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2004, 12:26:11 am »

Man, we are losing both Smells and Linnea this week. :(

Where are all the lovely ladies going?

/me eyes JL, wombat, V, 'lucia, Va, and... um... with a pleading look that says "don't go nowhere" in wonderful Philadelphia English.

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Good bye to all...
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2004, 12:59:07 am »

Dang.  Well I hope things work out and you can get back online soon.  And if you get to go to Thailand, that'll be awsome.
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Good bye to all...
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2004, 03:48:41 am »

Quote from: "side_show"
Shucks all!
The guy who rents the upstairs of my house once offered to do some sort of illegal hook up through his connection, so who knows.  Maybe if I grease his palms a tad...


if your pc doesn't have a network card, they can be had for less than 20 dollars, and often times free.

cat 5 cable is, herebout, about 7cents a foot. (a box of 1000ft costs less than 70 dollars).  rj45 ends cost ~25c/each.

just so you know what it would cost him, is all.  any true geek would do it for free if'n you listen to them everyonce in a while rant on about how microsoft is evil.

just explain to them that all you do is a web-phorum.  that way they'll know you won't be leaching all their pr0n-width from underneath them.

and tell them that the internet will EAT THEIR SOULS if they don't hook you up with the hook up.

is all i'm saying.


er, i just deleted this sentence 5 times, because you are doing theatre related stuff.  i kept typing it, then thinking i'd curse you, then deleted it.  so, um, break someone's leg? maybe?
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up