Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The bus is crossing Klickitat St., home of Ramona Quimby. It's pretty swank these days. No sign of Nosmo King.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: cold medication  (Read 8053 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
cold medication
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2004, 09:49:00 pm »

Oh man, now I have to re-record to get those new verses in.

Good God y'all is right!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
cold medication
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2004, 01:50:26 am »

Quote from: "Limmo"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Sophomore slump?


Not even fuck*ng close.  I can't wait to finish this song.


Is it soup yet?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
cold medication
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2004, 03:10:50 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Is it soup yet?


No, but Rock Night this week is Thursday, so I'm hoping to have it ready by Friday.  Soon, I promise.
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
cold medication
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2004, 02:01:01 pm »

in other news, i think i'm over my cold!!
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

V-Adore

  • Guest
cold medication
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2004, 06:38:44 pm »

Hooray!

Of course, now I have one. I blame all this subliminal talk of cold medicine (and, you know, starting-school stress and the annual Fall Death Cold thing, but mostly YOU ALL). Any recommendations on things I might take this weekend to leave me cheerfully incapacitated?
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
cold medication
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2004, 07:06:33 pm »

Tequila. Works on everything. If you want it vaguely healthy, maybe an extra strong Tequila Sunrise.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
cold medication
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2004, 07:40:10 pm »

It's true - Tequila kills all living organisms - but you're much larger than the cold bug so it kills it first.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: cold medication
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2006, 04:33:22 am »

So what ever happened with this?  Did Limmo ever finish the song?

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: cold medication
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2006, 04:01:06 pm »

No, Limmo did not finish the song.

However, the prospect of further minor public shaming from AugustWest has forced me to dig the file up. 

I make no promises for a delivery date.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: cold medication
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2006, 04:20:28 pm »

If there's one lesson I've learned as a parent, it's "Never underestimate the power of guilt."
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: cold medication
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2006, 05:46:44 pm »

I just alternate screaming at the top of my lungs and silence with evil glaring. 

Alright, I've mixed the audio down, but I still need to add the vocal track.  The only microphone I have around here is the one from Audrey's Disney Princess Keyboard, and that just didn't provide enough signal, no matter how hard I compressed it.

So I'll have to get a mike from our studio, which isn't going to happen right away. 

More later.

Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: cold medication
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2006, 05:57:58 pm »

I just alternate screaming at the top of my lungs and silence with evil glaring. 

Yeah, that's good too.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: cold medication
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2006, 10:18:22 pm »

Alright, the song's done.  Or as done as it's gonna get.  The vocals on the first verse are harder to hear than the rest, which may be a blessing. 

Click here for your punishment.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: cold medication
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2006, 12:19:14 am »

If there's one lesson I've learned as a parent, it's "Never underestimate the power of guilt."

And from my parents (and particularly from HER parents) is "No child is too old for guilt".
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: cold medication
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2006, 03:35:36 am »

Alright, the song's done.  Or as done as it's gonna get.  The vocals on the first verse are harder to hear than the rest, which may be a blessing. 

Click here for your punishment.

snif... Well worth the wait.  Well worth it. 

When do I get my Grammy?

Wait, wasn't that song on Trout Mask Replica
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up