Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That the second best way to sound like a noob is to ask why robot and pants are censored?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: This empty cup of rum, 9.13.04  (Read 2607 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
This empty cup of rum, 9.13.04
« on: September 13, 2004, 09:03:28 pm »

I wonder how many surreptitious murders Beef orchestrated before it got too difficult.
Logged

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Re: This empty cup of rum, 9.13.04
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2004, 09:07:32 pm »

Quote from: "superock101"
I wonder how many surreptitious murders Beef orchestrated before it got too difficult.


Gosh, it makes you think he might be hanging around Nice Pete too much.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
This empty cup of rum, 9.13.04
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2004, 09:20:28 pm »

The fact that this thread is not named "A Boy Named Cassandra" makes me sad inside. What is today's youth coming to?

I like the subdued black background.
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
This empty cup of rum, 9.13.04
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2004, 09:39:16 pm »

empty cup of rum = cool phrase.  it's almost a koan.  how can it be a cup of rum if it is empty? the cup keeps the properties of what it held even when it no longer holds that which it held before and is now known as.

2- very good strip.  it is like old achewood wherein you only get to see part of what is going on and it is the blank slate that makes it so very interesting.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
This empty cup of rum, 9.13.04
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2004, 10:51:13 pm »

Upon reading this comic, I ripped off the "Harry and the Potters" shirt I was wearing, and put on one of my Cash shirts. I can't belive I forgot.
This also marks the one-year anniversary of that time I got a job on the day Johnny Cash died.
Damn, man, I''m totally gonna put on his American albums at the computer lab later tonight.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
This empty cup of rum, 9.13.04
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2004, 12:08:43 am »

Man.
I also cannot believe that it was a year ago I donned the black armband for dear Mr. Cash.
Guess I second the move to go put on one of the American albums.
Logged
goose means greedy

V-Adore

  • Guest
This empty cup of rum, 9.13.04
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2004, 12:54:59 am »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Upon reading this comic, I ripped off the "Harry and the Potters" shirt I was wearing, and put on one of my Cash shirts. I can't belive I forgot.

I am not sure which part of this is the awesomest.

(Should really buy myself an H&tP T-shirt for the incoming birthday. Whee!)
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
This empty cup of rum, 9.13.04
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2004, 04:11:59 am »

In memory of Johnny Cash's passing a year ago today, I donned my Wigu "Not a doctor" t-shirt which I recieved a year ago today with which I then promptly attired myself.

In other news, I lost at trivia tonight (my team did). We were in first place going into the final wager question, risked it all and missed. Oh, well. No $10 in "Bar Bucks" for me. Maybe next week.

edit: A year ago today I (my team) won in trivia. $30 in "Bar Bucks" which paid for beer the following week (there's a gestation period on the gift-certs).
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
This empty cup of rum, 9.13.04
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2004, 01:13:53 pm »

I would have named this thread "Three Ho-Ho's, a flashlight and an unpaid parking ticket."  But that's just me.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
This empty cup of rum, 9.13.04
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2004, 01:25:55 pm »

I used the Empty Cup of Rum phrase because I thought it fit the mood of the strip.  There's a time for TEH FUNYEST LINE and there's a time for honoring the memory of Johnny Cash.  'Stad used the strip for the latter so it seemed right to use the thread title for the same.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
This empty cup of rum, 9.13.04
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2004, 06:04:41 pm »

Yeah, I agree with superrock on this one.
Even if he IS in my fort.
Logged
goose means greedy

V-Adore

  • Guest
This empty cup of rum, 9.13.04
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2004, 11:11:55 pm »

That's an entirely fair judgment call, yeah. A memoriam thread seems only reasonable, all things considered.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up