Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Have you ever woken up to find phrases like "cryogenic baseball player" in your Google search field?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strindberg & Helium  (Read 2785 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Strindberg & Helium
« on: September 16, 2004, 02:36:38 pm »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Strindberg & Helium
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2004, 05:58:54 pm »

Awesome!

How did you come across this thing 'o radness?
Logged
goose means greedy

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Strindberg & Helium
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2004, 06:24:20 pm »

It was on Memepool.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
Strindberg & Helium
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2004, 07:01:42 pm »

I don't know.  It's not funny to me.  Maybe I don't know enough existentialists.  


Or... you know.. people.
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Strindberg & Helium
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2004, 10:27:38 pm »

ya know, i don't know who this strindberg fellow is/was, but that's hilarious.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Strindberg & Helium
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2004, 02:19:33 am »

He was a playwright, if I recall correctly.


I didn't really find it necessary to have an understanding of Strindberg or his works to enjoy the humor (although it perhaps would have added an extra dimension.)  I just enjoyed the absurd contrast between dark morose Strindberg and goofy li'l Helium.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Strindberg & Helium
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2004, 01:35:37 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
I just enjoyed the absurd contrast between dark morose Strindberg and goofy li'l Helium.


absurdity is the irony of the 00's???

looking at that question makes me shudder, because i mean it absurdly, but then thinking about that makes my brane hurt.  i'm glad i didn't go into socioilogy.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

V-Adore

  • Guest
Strindberg & Helium
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2004, 02:04:27 pm »

Yeah, I'm no big Strindberg buff, but I just enjoyed the interplay and the character dynamics, such as they are. Strindberg seems to be semi-accepting of this little pink puffball interfering in his life, which is heartwarming in a very strange way.

(The ending of "With Iron and Sulfur" gets me every time, even if it was a disappointment because I was hoping that Iron and Sulfur would be other little element-gnome-things to match Helium.)
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Strindberg & Helium
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2004, 02:10:52 pm »

I liked the end of "At Home With the Kids" when Helium lies down on Strindberg's chest and says, "I'm dead too."
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Strindberg & Helium
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2004, 03:09:20 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
I liked the end of "At Home With the Kids" when Helium lies down on Strindberg's chest and says, "I'm dead too."


i'd dare to state, for the record, that the cuteness of Helium rivals that of Phillipe!
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Strindberg & Helium
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2004, 07:14:11 pm »

Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up