Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Would Star Trek have had the same gravitas if Spock had been named Vince?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spamusement  (Read 1769 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
Spamusement
« on: September 24, 2004, 09:32:26 pm »

It's not a discussion of new Achewood strips, sure.  But there aren't any new Achewood strips, so I present to you: Spamusement!  Spam subject lines rendered pictorally as only a guy with a computer could.  Few things in life make me laugh hard anymore.  This is one of them.

What has made you guys actually laugh till it hurts in the last couple of weeks?
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Spamusement
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2004, 12:01:15 am »

This is really strange. I didn't read the whole post or the tag on the site, I just started clicking and they were so not funny I was about to post a WTF....

Then I read they were Spam subjects and went back and lo and behold, now they are funny.

Weird. I'll never understand what makes things funny. This is a crackup though.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Spamusement
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2004, 12:36:25 am »

Some of it is just the subject lines themselves. "Hide your license plate, Grover?" What the hell?

(Also, this should probably be in A&E, but it's sad and quiet in here, so I'll permit it. For NOW, Picasso. For now.)
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Spamusement
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2004, 02:05:58 am »

I came upon this the other day through del.icio.us but it didnt' really grab me. What it reminded me of, and made me laugh more is Exploding Dog.
This is the I always remember - http://www.explodingdog.com/january2/warning2.html
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Spamusement
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2004, 02:44:19 pm »

*clap*clap*clap*

yay for things to amuse my widdle brane!!!
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
Spamusement
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2004, 05:31:17 pm »

Ladies and gentlemen, due to punishment, I bring you the Nigerian Bank Scam Monologue on a web page in quicktime format.

Misspellings and bad grammar are intact.  It's beautiful.  It's brilliant.  It's a pretty good followup to a thread I should have put elsewhere in the first place.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up