Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Note how white pepper, ground freshly into one's hand, makes it smell as though you've been rubbing your open palm around on a horse's anus.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: He read it in Harper's Index. 27 Sept 2004.  (Read 7498 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
He read it in Harper's Index. 27 Sept 2004.
« on: September 27, 2004, 06:03:02 am »

I am assuming, for the purposes of enjoying this comic, that a "stinker" is one of those farts that also involves a certain quantity of solid / liquid expulsion. So, yeah - just one teaspoon. Imagine!

Todd's seemingly unquenchable thirst (you may fire when ready) for knowledge in the face of A Night in the Stony Lonesome is, I guess, retardedly admirable. In the end, though, this strip felt more like an excuse for Onstad to draw another one of his beloved Product Logos (c.j. the Hell Saga) and use, in Context, that terrific closing line. Like that line came to him first and he sort of cobbled up a strip around it, like an emergency lean-to fortified with mud and wax paper.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Re: He read it in Harper's Index. 27 Sept 2004.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2004, 07:14:40 am »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Like that line came to him first and he sort of cobbled up a strip around it, like an emergency lean-to fortified with mud and wax paper.


I'm pretty sure THAT line came to you first, and you've been waiting for Stad to get back and make a comic so you can finally release it to the world. BURNNNN!!!

So is it a good "get back into it" comic? Hmmm. I think it's pretty funny, although Zart is right, the last line totally outdoes everything else. And I'm glad to see my beloved Guiness draft cans in Ache-0-Vision, and the fact that Beef visibly shakes when the phone rings, plus he's just sitting around drinking alone makes this Pretty Good. Not Basically Treasure, but Pretty Good.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
He read it in Harper's Index. 27 Sept 2004.
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2004, 01:02:25 pm »

i.e.
e.g.
op.cit.
ibid
cf


Please welcome your new coworker:

c.j.

Huzzah!  It's a footnote party!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

arlucasinc

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 132
    • View Profile
    • http://arlucasinc.livejournal.com
He read it in Harper's Index. 27 Sept 2004.
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2004, 01:03:55 pm »

When I was little, a stinker was just any old kind of fart. But I'm from the East Coast, so maybe things are different out this way.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
He read it in Harper's Index. 27 Sept 2004.
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2004, 01:23:06 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
i.e.
e.g.
op.cit.
ibid
cf


Please welcome your new coworker:

c.j.

Huzzah!  It's a footnote party!

I win at the internet!

Edit: now that Achewood is back up I can actually complete the cjing.
Logged

agnes

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 23
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fireland.com/
He read it in Harper's Index. 27 Sept 2004.
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2004, 07:46:13 pm »

Yeah I was assuming the 1 tsp. was just pure air. The "liquid/solid" theory makes me uncomfortable.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
He read it in Harper's Index. 27 Sept 2004.
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2004, 11:15:24 pm »

Air?

You blow an air wad when you come, dude?

You should have that looked at.  You should be producing 1-2 tsp. of spooge with each discharge.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
He read it in Harper's Index. 27 Sept 2004.
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2004, 12:01:33 am »

"Yeah, I know, I would have thought more like 3/4 cup at least".

That's a Bukkake Fiasco!
Logged

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
He read it in Harper's Index. 27 Sept 2004.
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2004, 12:18:34 am »

Beef's eyebrows in the last two panels are what make it for me.  Woe!  Woe.
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

sensate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 111
    • View Profile
He's a cat
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2004, 01:20:54 am »

He's around the same size as Mr. Bear, who's 1'11" in lifts. Where does he even get off thinking he launches 3/4 cup at a go? That's like his whole stomach.

Or, is it Underground cups and tablespoons? Or is he just funnin'? Or is Beef prodigiously flatulent (it'd make sense re: his social development)?

And what could it mean to Todd? He's something like 1/12 Beef's volume. Is there a standard underground size for sentient, uh...things that Todd automatically takes into account? Why doesn't Todd ask another squirrel or consult squirrel medical texts instead of asking a cat?

Achewood: Makes Your Brain Seize Up™

Aaahhhh!
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: He's a cat
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2004, 01:34:18 am »

Quote from: "sensate"
And what could it mean to Todd? He's something like 1/12 Beef's volume. Is there a standard underground size for sentient, uh...things that Todd automatically takes into account? Why doesn't Todd ask another squirrel or consult squirrel medical texts instead of asking a cat?


Maybe because Todd is the kind of guy who will use his one phone call from prison to go call someone and ask about the volume of wads and/or farts? I mean, it's just a thought. I begin to suspect that Todd isn't very bright.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: He's a cat
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2004, 02:45:02 am »

Quote from: "sensate"
He's around the same size as Mr. Bear, who's 1'11" in lifts. Where does he even get off thinking he launches 3/4 cup at a go? That's like his whole stomach.


I realise I'm only your message board daddy, and not your actual daddy, but I will take this time to explain that semen does not come from a boy's stomach.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
He read it in Harper's Index. 27 Sept 2004.
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2004, 04:05:55 am »

Jough, why the hell are you talking about blowing wads?
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
He read it in Harper's Index. 27 Sept 2004.
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2004, 05:32:01 am »

Um, because that is the subject of today's Achewood strip.

And this is the thread about that strip.

It's not like I *introduced* the subject, man.

I just work here.

Acanthopagrus

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 42
    • View Profile
He read it in Harper's Index. 27 Sept 2004.
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2004, 07:44:42 am »

The average amount of ejaculate for a male is 10cc
I do not know why I know this.
But I believe that is similar amount to a spoonful, a loving spoonful if you will.

Both "10cc" and "The Loving Spoonful" were band names for those too young to remember.
Logged
keh?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up