Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat is MAD WITH POWER.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: He read it in Harper's Index. 27 Sept 2004.  (Read 7529 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
He read it in Harper's Index. 27 Sept 2004.
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2004, 01:29:15 pm »

Disagreement/confusion over whether this strip referred to farts or ejaculation (I can't believe I am typing this in a computer lab)?
This is a kinda disconcerting thread.
Logged
goose means greedy

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
He read it in Harper's Index. 27 Sept 2004.
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2004, 01:35:33 pm »

I concur with the ejaculate assessment.  I was trying to think of a way of introducing the topic earlier yesterday but I kept scrapping my attempts lest I be the only one making that particular argument.  That and I couldn't figure out a plausible reason why Beef would call that a "stinker."

I'm still a new guy.  New guys don't need to be changing the subject from farts to spooge.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
He read it in Harper's Index. 27 Sept 2004.
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2004, 01:42:36 pm »

I vote farts.  Fart stink, thus "stinker".
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
He read it in Harper's Index. 27 Sept 2004.
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2004, 01:45:54 pm »

I totally gotta come down on the side of gas-passage. I can't think of how you can possibly have arrived at ejaculate for this strip.

Is it too late to turn this thread into a poll?
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

V-Adore

  • Guest
He read it in Harper's Index. 27 Sept 2004.
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2004, 02:07:31 pm »

Yeah. The thing about the "ejaculate theory" is that the volumes are basically right (for humans, anyway -- for alive stuffed animals, I neither know nor wish to enquire), but why the hell would anyone call an ejaculation "a stinker?" Is this a particularly heinous dietary problem? An STD?

This is not a sentence I thought I'd ever type, but: the fart theory just seems less disturbing to me.
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
He read it in Harper's Index. 27 Sept 2004.
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2004, 02:11:39 pm »

while my stance firmly remains Pro Masturbatory, i must claim no prior knowledge to the usage of "stinker" to refer to mail ejaculatory discharge.

furthermore, in past contexts my faculties do recall the usage of "stinker" to refer to the gassy discharge of the bowels.








-edit-
i must, at this moment, confess as to how much enjoyment i get out of reading my own posts, as though the text were in a "word bubble" coming from the mouth of Toofy the Tooth.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

V-Adore

  • Guest
He read it in Harper's Index. 27 Sept 2004.
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2004, 02:21:03 pm »

Quote from: "arkabee"

-edit-
i must, at this moment, confess as to how much enjoyment i get out of reading my own posts, as though the text were in a "word bubble" coming from the mouth of Toofy the Tooth.

"Remember, kids, always know your bodily discharge volumes! It will keep you from looking foolish... and it might save your life! Also, if anything coming out of your wee-wee could accurately be described as 'a stinker,' have your parents take you to the doctor!"
Logged

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
He read it in Harper's Index. 27 Sept 2004.
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2004, 03:34:04 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Yeah. The thing about the "ejaculate theory" is that the volumes are basically right (for humans, anyway -- for alive stuffed animals, I neither know nor wish to enquire)...


The correct volumes (via Harper's Index) are about right, but could Beef possibly have thought that average volume of ejaculate was 3/4 cup?  They are definitely talking about flatulance.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
He read it in Harper's Index. 27 Sept 2004.
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2004, 03:43:13 pm »

Quote from: "Gimpson"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Yeah. The thing about the "ejaculate theory" is that the volumes are basically right (for humans, anyway -- for alive stuffed animals, I neither know nor wish to enquire)...


The correct volumes (via Harper's Index) are about right, but could Beef possibly have thought that average volume of ejaculate was 3/4 cup?  They are definitely talking about flatulance.

Er, not to cast aspersions on the other sex, but I know there are guys who radically overestimate the volume of their ejaculations. I'm not saying that any guy actually ejaculates that much, but I have known guys who certainly think they do (or could with enough, er, buildup).
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
He read it in Harper's Index. 27 Sept 2004.
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2004, 05:34:49 pm »

Do guys really closely examine the amount of the popped-wad, though?  

I think the 3/4 of a cup estimate comes from porn, where the guys are like a damn bilge pump.  How do they do it?

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
He read it in Harper's Index. 27 Sept 2004.
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2004, 05:41:27 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
How do they do it?


Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
He read it in Harper's Index. 27 Sept 2004.
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2004, 08:58:23 pm »

If THAT'S what those c*ck Enlargement spams I get are talking about, I MUST get a stricter filter program.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
He read it in Harper's Index. 27 Sept 2004.
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2004, 09:34:14 pm »

It sounds like the confusion persists in reference to which body function is addressed.

I should point out that there are potential situations in which a certain amount of semen is produced during flatulence.

That is all.
Logged

Acanthopagrus

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 42
    • View Profile
He read it in Harper's Index. 27 Sept 2004.
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2004, 01:13:36 am »

I think the strip is about farts.
It is interesting to note that the volume of the average fart would be similar to the volume of the average ejaculate, assuming that Beef is correct on the volume of a "stinker".

I will now spend the next few hours of my employers time finding out the answer to this question.
Logged
keh?

Acanthopagrus

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 42
    • View Profile
He read it in Harper's Index. 27 Sept 2004.
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2004, 01:39:46 am »

We all know that the internet does not lie....

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1511/is_n4_v16/ai_16720832

http://www.csonline.net/bpaddock/fart/fart.htm

for those too lazy to click

The average person appears to release between 500 and 2,000 milliliters of gas per day rectally," Levitt says, "with the average volume of what passes at once varying between 35 and 90 milliliters. The young man I was treating released an average of 5,520 milliliters per day, or 162 milliliters per event."


There were many other sites all saying roughly the same thing.
Logged
keh?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up