Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am in a bed with an Asleepness Hat on.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: New Painting  (Read 5245 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
New Painting
« on: September 27, 2004, 08:09:57 pm »

This is the first one so far that I've actually, well, liked.
But props to all of you who immediately predicted Onstad churning out art to sell on eBay like the proverbial... uh... I've got nothing.
Logged
goose means greedy

V-Adore

  • Guest
New Painting
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2004, 09:16:58 pm »

I cannot see the faces on the birches! Is this because of a problem? BEEP BEEP

(Also, Teodor looks sort of off-model to me. I agree that this is a huge leap forward in most regards from the previous art, but what the hell is with Teodor's nose/muzzle/facial area?)
Logged

fuddes

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14
    • View Profile
    • http://dailyramblings.com
New Painting
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2004, 09:26:56 pm »

Wow, I was hoping to snag this one, but the price is jumping up like crazy.  The Ray one went for $360, which was in my price range, but I'm not so sure about this one.

But yeah, it's the first one I've really liked.
Logged
Humor columns and other stuff:
http://www.dailyramblings.com

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
New Painting
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2004, 11:06:34 pm »

$380?

Man, Onstad should stop doing the strips and just churn out these things.

I still say he's only selling his mistakes on eBay.

But the large image scales really nice on a good photo printer with glossy paper.  I'm just saying - frame your own if you like it.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
New Painting
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2004, 12:17:12 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I cannot see the faces on the birches! Is this because of a problem? BEEP BEEP


Me either.

I feel like the guy in Mallrats staring at the 3-D painting.  I can't see those either.  Because of a problem.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
New Painting
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2004, 03:24:21 pm »

Quote from: "jough"

But the large image scales really nice on a good photo printer with glossy paper.  I'm just saying - frame your own if you like it.


Jough, if I ever publish the book I'm working on, you're going to go to the library and make yourself a photocopy of it?

OK, on the other hand, it wouldn't cost almost 400 dollars. He could be selling nice little prints that us peons could afford.  But hey, if crazy rich fans with money to burn want to send it to him so he can afford to keep providing free content to the rest of us, I guess that's a good deal for us too.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
New Painting
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2004, 03:42:01 pm »

how much control does an ebay seller have over how much the bid is for their product?
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
New Painting
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2004, 04:06:53 pm »

Quote from: "arkabee"
how much control does an ebay seller have over how much the bid is for their product?


I thought that they could set the starting big anywhere they liked, in addition to having a reserve (as in <--- L@@K PLAYSTATION 2 DUE TO PUNISHMENT NO RE$ERVE!!!1 RARE) But as far as trend-surfing hipster nu-money cunts coming in and paying too much for something, not a whole hell of a lot.

EDIT: That might be a little harsh, I guess.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
New Painting
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2004, 04:17:09 pm »

Ark, if you are asking whether people set a maximum price on the goods they sell on E-bay, I would suggest that you are unfamiliar with the most basic tenets of capitalism.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
New Painting
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2004, 04:25:34 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Ark, if you are asking whether people set a maximum price on the goods they sell on E-bay, I would suggest that you are unfamiliar with the most basic tenets of capitalism.

I think he was more asking if the seller sets the opening bid price (yes) and/or the minimum bid increment (I don't know).
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
New Painting
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2004, 04:39:58 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Ark, if you are asking whether people set a maximum price on the goods they sell on E-bay, I would suggest that you are unfamiliar with the most basic tenets of capitalism.

I think he was more asking if the seller sets the opening bid price (yes) and/or the minimum bid increment (I don't know).

Yeah, but that's harder to make a witty comment about.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
New Painting
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2004, 04:51:53 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Ark, if you are asking whether people set a maximum price on the goods they sell on E-bay, I would suggest that you are unfamiliar with the most basic tenets of capitalism.

I think he was more asking if the seller sets the opening bid price (yes) and/or the minimum bid increment (I don't know).

Yeah, but that's harder to make a witty comment about.


to quote myself "it's hard being a straight man on the internet".

that being said, i was more meaning "did onstadt put his picture up and people are bidding large (contextually to me) amounts of money for them, or is onstadt selling his pictures for large (contextually to me) amounts of money?" in a rhetorical fashion.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
New Painting
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2004, 05:20:38 pm »

If you look at the auction page, it lists the opening bid: $10.  No reserve.

So people have competed against each other to pay nearly $450 for this on (the most yet for one of his auctions, no?).

And there's still three and a half days to go.

If he can get $500 a pop why would he do anything but sell paintings on eBay?

Of course, without the daily strip traffic to his site would dry up faster than Joan Rivers's love canal.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
New Painting
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2004, 05:26:16 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Joan Rivers's love canal.


Thanks so much for THAT image.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
New Painting
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2004, 05:38:59 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "jough"

But the large image scales really nice on a good photo printer with glossy paper.  I'm just saying - frame your own if you like it.


Jough, if I ever publish the book I'm working on, you're going to go to the library and make yourself a photocopy of it?


No, Wombat, I wouldn't photocopy or read your book.

But it probably wouldn't be such that only one person could own a copy either, right?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up