Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That Word Front, the kind host of TOUAMB.com, offers high quality t-shirts for sale?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: I was just bjorn that way Sept 29 04  (Read 10470 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Chris Onstad

  • Mr. Achewood
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 119
    • View Profile
    • http://www.achewood.com
I was just bjorn that way Sept 29 04
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2004, 08:29:20 am »

Yeah, I wasn't completely satisfied with this strip when I posted it. Thing is, I was extremely tired from vacation jet lag and a long day out with friends, and was not able to do the best job on the strip. I'll probably work it for a little while yet. I know some people don't like that I do that, but tough beans. You get what you pay for. Always remember: Achewood is not a boyfriend who loves you. It is a boyfriend with a different sense of responsibility, like that one guy from Gilmore Girls. Do you remember, though, how the guy ends up being the best guy? Because he is sincere. Misunderstood, yes, but sincere. He has a leather jacket.
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
I was just bjorn that way Sept 29 04
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2004, 01:25:00 pm »

if achewood is that boyfriend on that teevee show,
then this messageboard is like the viewers at home.

we yell at the teevee "NO! don't go into the closet you stupid bastard!"
because it is fun, but we realize the teevee can't hear us.
nor will shannon doherty ever take it all off.

we stand around the water cooler and we talk about his leather jacket, and how stupid the writers were to put him in a leather jacket, but we still like the writers because even though the are braindead morons who can't write a script correctly that get's shannon doherty naked, we still get the dude in his laether jacket.

i use to watch the Golden Girls, i don't remember this gentleman.  is he a Beaux of Blanche?
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

V-Adore

  • Guest
I was just bjorn that way Sept 29 04
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2004, 01:38:43 pm »

There is a part me that is perversely tempted to yell out something brief and unpleasant in ALL CAPS and then lock this thread.

But I won't.
Logged

fuddes

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14
    • View Profile
    • http://dailyramblings.com
I was just bjorn that way Sept 29 04
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2004, 02:45:33 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
You people KNOW how I feel about ugly avatars.


You should look at your own.

As for the strip, it was mildly amusing at first, but now that "weiner supply" has been removed, it's not funny at all.
Logged
Humor columns and other stuff:
http://www.dailyramblings.com

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
I was just bjorn that way Sept 29 04
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2004, 04:56:43 pm »

My avatar is hecka-slammin.  I don't know what you're talking about.

Yeah, Education Supply is even weaker.

And the addition of the Hulkster's real album and Eddie Murphy (whose girl wants to party all the time) just bring things a little too close to reality.  I guess the joke could be that T actually BOUGHT all of these?

Ha... ha?

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
I was just bjorn that way Sept 29 04
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2004, 05:28:01 pm »

I cannot believe that hearing / imagining Charlie Sheen's voice saying "I wish to dine... in your... private restaurant" does not strike even one of you as laugh out loud funny. That line just made my day yesterday.

Of course, I had just watched a little over half of "Men At Work" last weekend, so the Sheen Smarm (Schmarm?) was still sizzling fresh in my mind, like a grilled pineapple ring or something.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
I was just bjorn that way Sept 29 04
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2004, 06:35:01 pm »

So rather than a new strip today, we get to have two actual vanity albums added to a hella weak strip?

Who says you can't be on vacation at home?

Also, did it change from Wiener Supply to Education Supply and BACK to Wiener Supply?

This is liking putting lipstick and a wig on a pig. The funny ain't coming to this one.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
I was just bjorn that way Sept 29 04
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2004, 07:11:52 pm »

The alt-text is better now, at least.

athodyd, a guest

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1
    • View Profile
I think it needs to be said
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2004, 04:46:45 am »

that this is not only the worst forum ever, but contains a good number of history's worst criminals. V-Adore, can you actually present any useful reason at all why NATO shouldn't assemble a multinational task force dedicated solely to tracking you down, kicking down your door (in the process damaging a very valuable and culturally significant Record of Lodoss War wallscroll), and holding your chubby little head down the toilet while a multiethnic chorus of children sings "Achewood is entirely free, presented more frequently than any webcomic save Jerkcity, and is solely the intellectual property of one Chris Onstad, so maybe whining and crying to the person who is the actual physical reason you have a message board where you can make remarkably banal OLDE ENGLISHE LOL jokes in your signature file instead of just beating off to User Friendly and taking a nap is sort of a stupid thing to do?"

I assure you, the song rhymes quite well in Esperanto.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
I was just bjorn that way Sept 29 04
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2004, 04:51:51 am »

Oh, someone's just trying too hard now.
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
I was just bjorn that way Sept 29 04
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2004, 05:18:30 am »

Hey, welcome to the boards, athodyd.

ETA: :roll:
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: I think it needs to be said
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2004, 05:19:52 am »

Quote from: "athodyd, a guest"
that this is not only the worst forum ever, but contains a good number of history's worst criminals. V-Adore, can you actually present any useful reason at all why NATO shouldn't assemble a multinational task force dedicated solely to tracking you down, kicking down your door (in the process damaging a very valuable and culturally significant Record of Lodoss War wallscroll), and holding your chubby little head down the toilet while a multiethnic chorus of children sings "Achewood is entirely free, presented more frequently than any webcomic save Jerkcity, and is solely the intellectual property of one Chris Onstad, so maybe whining and crying to the person who is the actual physical reason you have a message board where you can make remarkably banal OLDE ENGLISHE LOL jokes in your signature file instead of just beating off to User Friendly and taking a nap is sort of a stupid thing to do?"

I assure you, the song rhymes quite well in Esperanto.


Gee.

V-Adore

  • Guest
I was just bjorn that way Sept 29 04
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2004, 05:21:43 am »

Anyway, athodyd, what have you thought of the latest run of strips? Any particular favorites -- now or in the past? (I ended up re-reading the entire "hackin' Yahoo" storyline while attempting to CJ Beef's "cat" pose; funny, funny stuff.)
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
I was just bjorn that way Sept 29 04
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2004, 12:43:23 pm »

I thought Record of Lodoss War was highly overrated.
Logged

AKKOLADE

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 19
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 106
    • View Profile
Message from the Future
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2013, 09:51:38 pm »

It's probably illegal to reply to an eight and a quarter-year old thread, but Achewood's dead and so's this board so fuck it. Just wanted to say that all a'yalls bitches are (were) whiny little sodhats. This comic may not have been a classic, but it was chuckle-worthy. "Good but not great" isn't a bad thing to be. So there, the past.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up