Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Alright, America. I'm playing the underpants and pants game. If just for one more day.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello from Chris Onstad  (Read 10350 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Chris Onstad

  • Mr. Achewood
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 119
    • View Profile
    • http://www.achewood.com
Hello from Chris Onstad
« on: September 30, 2004, 08:20:07 am »

Hello all,

This is Chris, the cartoonist of the Achewood strip! I am excited to have found this community of devoted Achewood scholars and fans. Everyone knows that it would be flattering to have people who actively chronicle and discuss their work. I am regularly amused by the day-to-day discussions which take place here at achewood.plagiarist.com, and I thought it would be good if I could help people to know basic things about the strips when they have questions. Consider me your on-call resource, and you can reach me here (I usually delete all my email because it is about obscene drugs).

A huge love-kiss with some parts of the kiss going into the ear,
/C
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Hello from Chris Onstad
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2004, 03:30:16 pm »

.....Whoaa...I'm gonna let Jough or one of the old hands deal with this. Great to see you like us, though.


We like you.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Hello from Chris Onstad
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2004, 04:51:09 pm »

Uh-huh.

Just pack it up now, homeboy, or we'll let Comcast know you're using their services to pretend to be someone else.

Oh, nice hijaaking of the chris.onstad alias at Gmail too.  Hopefully the real Chris Onstad won't have wanted that one.

Dick.



P.S. How are things in Virginia?

V-Adore

  • Guest
Hello from Chris Onstad
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2004, 06:16:07 pm »

BRING THE STRONG SACK, JOUGH

whoo
Logged

Chris Onstad

  • Mr. Achewood
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 119
    • View Profile
    • http://www.achewood.com
Hello from Chris Onstad
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2004, 06:28:11 pm »

I think the first thing we need to do is establish that I am who I say I am. Why doesn't one of the mods email me a question and I can answer it here?
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Hello from Chris Onstad
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2004, 06:43:51 pm »

What would that prove.  Why don't you post what today's alt-text will be before you publish today's strip?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Chris Onstad

  • Mr. Achewood
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 119
    • View Profile
    • http://www.achewood.com
Hello from Chris Onstad
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2004, 06:46:55 pm »

Sounds fair. The alt text will be, "Monotremes enjoy a good oil salad."
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Hello from Chris Onstad
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2004, 07:11:05 pm »

Quote from: "c_onstad"
I think the first thing we need to do is establish that I am who I say I am. Why doesn't one of the mods email me a question and I can answer it here?


Okay, fair enough.

I sent an e-mail to chris@achewood.com, Chris Onstad's posted e-mail address.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Hello from Chris Onstad
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2004, 07:30:52 pm »

Okay, well, while this seemed just highly improbable to me this is in fact the real Chris Onstad, creator of Achewood.

At least, this is someone who has access to the achewood.com e-mail address.  

I suppose the only 100% convincing argument would be if something on Achewood.com mentions this board, but otherwise we should perhaps give Mr. Onstad a warmer welcome.

I'm sure he understands our incredulity after all this time of not posting, and also of people basically being idiots much of the time on the World Wide Web.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Hello from Chris Onstad
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2004, 07:31:59 pm »

.....Hi, Real Live Onstad!
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Chris Onstad

  • Mr. Achewood
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 119
    • View Profile
    • http://www.achewood.com
Hello from Chris Onstad
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2004, 07:36:22 pm »

Hello, all. Thank you Jough, for believing that email from chris@achewood.com might actually be coming from me.

It was fun to see that I could not register as "Chris Onstad" because that username had been banned. Tight ship, etc.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Hello from Chris Onstad
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2004, 07:38:26 pm »

Quote from: "c_onstad"
Hello, all. Thank you Jough, for believing that email from chris@achewood.com might actually be coming from me.

It was fun to see that I could not register as "Chris Onstad" because that username had been banned. Tight ship, etc.


I could change your user name if you'd prefer to "Chris Onstad."

That is, once we get some kind of Achewood.com verification.

I suppose the Communists are to blame for my suspicious nature.

Chris Onstad

  • Mr. Achewood
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 119
    • View Profile
    • http://www.achewood.com
Hello from Chris Onstad
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2004, 07:44:48 pm »

Verification coming in about half an hour. I'm drawing speech bubbles and formatting dialogue.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Hello from Chris Onstad
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2004, 07:48:26 pm »

Quote from: "c_onstad"
Sounds fair. The alt text will be, "Monotremes enjoy a good oil salad."


This alt-text has me looking forward to the strip more than I would have otherwise.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Hello from Chris Onstad
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2004, 07:49:37 pm »

Well, huh.

Welcome and such.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up