Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Have you ever woken up to find phrases like "cryogenic baseball player" in your Google search field?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello from Chris Onstad  (Read 10374 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Chris Onstad

  • Mr. Achewood
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 119
    • View Profile
    • http://www.achewood.com
Hello from Chris Onstad
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2004, 07:51:08 pm »

I have always enjoyed your unmitigated ambivalence, "V-Adore." Even when you (seem) to enjoy things.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Hello from Chris Onstad
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2004, 07:52:16 pm »

Why now?  To what do we owe this honor?  Just trying to make us feel guilty about the nasty things we say about you?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Hello from Chris Onstad
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2004, 07:54:52 pm »

Quote from: "c_onstad"
I have always enjoyed your unmitigated ambivalence, "V-Adore." Even when you (seem) to enjoy things.

Wow, can I put that on my resume? "Chris Onstad (the real one, we went through several confirmation steps) enjoys my unmitigated ambivalence. Even when I enjoy things, or seem to -- especially when I enjoy things, or seem to, it is implied. I am fully prepared to bring that unmitigated ambivalence to your workplace environment."
Logged

Chris Onstad

  • Mr. Achewood
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 119
    • View Profile
    • http://www.achewood.com
Hello from Chris Onstad
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2004, 07:58:52 pm »

I think it was the thing about Jough insisting that a "stinker" was male ejaculate. That broke the camel's back. Jough was completely off on that one.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Hello from Chris Onstad
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2004, 08:03:01 pm »

It was the 1 tsp in volume, which is about the amount of jit.  So it made sense.  Of course, I didn't understand why it would be a "stinker" but you've come up with some other odd nicknames for common bodily functions as well, so it wasn't outside the realm of possibility.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Hello from Chris Onstad
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2004, 08:09:49 pm »

Yeah, well if it's really you Onstad, why don't you quit farting around on the intarweb and put today's damn strip up!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Chris Onstad

  • Mr. Achewood
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 119
    • View Profile
    • http://www.achewood.com
Hello from Chris Onstad
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2004, 08:12:51 pm »

I am too busy reading message boards!

The strip will post in about half an hour. Faster, if you fall asleep for half an hour.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Hello from Chris Onstad
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2004, 08:15:17 pm »

Don't think that we will complain about your daily free content any less now that you're posting here. ;)

Chris Onstad

  • Mr. Achewood
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 119
    • View Profile
    • http://www.achewood.com
Hello from Chris Onstad
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2004, 08:24:10 pm »

"Of offering more than what I can deliver, I have a bad habit, it is true. But I have to offer more than I can deliver, to be able to deliver what I do."

- Ken Kesey
Logged

Chris Onstad

  • Mr. Achewood
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 119
    • View Profile
    • http://www.achewood.com
Hello from Chris Onstad
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2004, 08:30:23 pm »

What I enjoy is YOU
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Hello from Chris Onstad
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2004, 08:31:42 pm »

Oh for pete's sake, now I'm probably going to go back to being afraid to post anything, and it's just such damn bad timing, what with me not having a job or a life and all right now.

Well, it could still be another of Jough's elaborate practical jokes at the moment, so at least I can go ahead and post for now.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Hello from Chris Onstad
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2004, 08:36:20 pm »

Please don't quit posting as I would miss you pitifully.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Hello from Chris Onstad
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2004, 08:36:26 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "c_onstad"
I have always enjoyed your unmitigated ambivalence, "V-Adore." Even when you (seem) to enjoy things.

Wow, can I put that on my resume? "Chris Onstad (the real one, we went through several confirmation steps) enjoys my unmitigated ambivalence. Even when I enjoy things, or seem to -- especially when I enjoy things, or seem to, it is implied. I am fully prepared to bring that unmitigated ambivalence to your workplace environment."

Dammit, every time I hear the word ambivilant I picture Roberty Llewelyn making a face like a dog eating a toffee. Damn you Red Dwarf!

Anyway. I only vaguely remember interacting with Chris on the old board. Generally in the form of the masses complaining about something he changed after posting and him explaining the new way is funnier and we're just scared of change.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Hello from Chris Onstad
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2004, 08:47:00 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Please don't quit posting as I would miss you pitifully.


Aw shucks.  Thank you, I needed that today.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Hello from Chris Onstad
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2004, 01:35:54 pm »

Um, never mind.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up