Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that nobody but Wombat notices what is in the News Box?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello from Chris Onstad  (Read 10348 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Hello from Chris Onstad
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2004, 04:58:26 pm »

Hi, Chris, and welcome.  I bought a personalized cookbook right before you went on vacation, if that makes you like me any more than you would have just on board merit.
Logged

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
Hello from Chris Onstad
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2004, 05:08:18 pm »

Wow, it's like seeing Jesus at church!
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Hello from Chris Onstad
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2004, 05:13:12 pm »

Well I'll be schnookered.  

Jough assures me (via Pedro, since I'm never here*) that Onstad does indeed walk among us.  (Except replace "walk" with "type," if you're going to be all symantical and such.)  

I silently doubted you, Onstad, but I'm glad I waited 'til Jough verified your identity before making an ass of myself.  Now at least I can become an ass with purpose.  

A thousand welcomes, as someone who thoroughly and honestly enjoyed your company on the "old board," I'm glad you decided to join us here.  I hope that we're less burdensome when you don't feel the need to actively monitor each thread.  I know *I* have seen a serious drop in my angst level since I announced my semi-permanent vacation.  Lugging around an iron fist with which to rule is hard work.

*I'm not even here now.  
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Formica

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 205
    • View Profile
Hello from Chris Onstad
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2004, 06:02:09 pm »

Hi Onstad. Thanks for coming by.

Does this mean we can start asking you scary, in depth questions about your comic strip?
Logged

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Hello from Chris Onstad
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2004, 08:10:19 pm »

Quote from: "Formica"
Hi Onstad. Thanks for coming by.

Does this mean we can start asking you scary, in depth questions about your comic strip?


You mean, like, What's Lyle's last name or What's Todd's favoriite kind of cake and why can't he read?

EDIT: Or also: Why doesn't Liebot have a blog?
Logged

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
Hello from Chris Onstad
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2004, 09:09:40 pm »

Quote from: "Formica"
Hi Onstad. Thanks for coming by.

Does this mean we can start asking you scary, in depth questions about your comic strip?


I already asked a long time ago.  The answer was, "No, it's just a comic strip.  It's supposed to be funny.  I wouldn't take that too seriously."

Fortunately the answer arrived in time to prevent me from taking BLISTER's secret advice to poison the water system.
Logged

Formica

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 205
    • View Profile
Hello from Chris Onstad
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2004, 12:28:53 am »

Quote from: "Mantonio"
Quote from: "Formica"
Hi Onstad. Thanks for coming by.

Does this mean we can start asking you scary, in depth questions about your comic strip?


You mean, like, What's Lyle's last name or What's Todd's favoriite kind of cake and why can't he read?

EDIT: Or also: Why doesn't Liebot have a blog?

Nah. Specifically, I am hung up on the difference between the characters "lives" and their "acting in the comic strip." This line has been blurred so much I can't keep up anymore. I liked the idea that Ray got all huffy because people kept asking him about the strip in Ray's Place, but now in the blogs it is much less clear what we're reading about, if you will.

I have dedicated far too much brainpower to this.
Logged

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Hello from Chris Onstad
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2004, 01:42:31 am »

Quote from: "Formica"
Quote from: "Mantonio"
Quote from: "Formica"
Hi Onstad. Thanks for coming by.

Does this mean we can start asking you scary, in depth questions about your comic strip?


You mean, like, What's Lyle's last name or What's Todd's favoriite kind of cake and why can't he read?

EDIT: Or also: Why doesn't Liebot have a blog?
I have dedicated far too much brainpower to this.


That's how people sprain their brains, contemplating all this third wall stuff. Whenever that happens to me I medicate mine with substances.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Hello from Chris Onstad
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2004, 03:43:32 am »

Quote from: "Va"
Wow, it's like seeing Jesus at church!


Va, You..Are..Rad..
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Hello from Chris Onstad
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2004, 02:38:32 pm »

Eeeek.
I go away for a few days and what happens...
Howdy. Welcome to the board.

Hope it all settles down sometime...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Hello from Chris Onstad
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2004, 05:29:17 pm »

Quote from: "Mantonio
That's how people sprain their brains, contemplating all this third wall stuff. Whenever that happens to me I medicate mine with substances.


I am of the staunch opinion that we do not hear nearly enough about the third wall these days.
Logged
goose means greedy

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Hello from Chris Onstad
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2004, 02:34:30 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "Va"
Wow, it's like seeing Jesus at church!


Va, You..Are..Rad..


Wow. I just got my old Win98 laptop shipped up from Denver, and this is the first internet access that I have gotten here at my home in the Aleutians.  And I log on, and Onstad is posting on my favorite message board.

Welcome, Chris.  I am happy to see you here.  Please tell Ray that I'm sorry for all the suicide/relationship questions. And I still love your work, even though you have such a vicious bias against Scottish Folds.

Here is a picture of Milan...the one who wrote Ray telling him "fuck you" from all the Scottish Folds of the world.

Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Hello from Chris Onstad
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2004, 02:52:04 am »

Linnea!

How is Alaska?  Cold?  Have you planned any urbans yet?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Hello from Chris Onstad
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2004, 03:21:49 am »

Hi Linnea!
We want Alaska stories!
Logged
goose means greedy

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Chris Onstad
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2004, 11:50:01 pm »

Hey what the hell, this one's worth a post. Pretty cool - glad it happened finally.

Hi Chris. Love the blogs.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up