Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Okay, Okay, enough of all that. New strip Wednesday afternoon. "  See, we shoulda took bets.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lost on ABC  (Read 1827 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Lost on ABC
« on: September 30, 2004, 10:38:47 pm »

granted i only get ABC and UPN, but i find i am totally spellbound by Lost.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Lost on ABC
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2004, 10:41:16 pm »

I heard glowing reviews after the 1st episode. I TiVo'd last night's but haven't watched it yet. Will I be crazy behind already? Considering who created the series I fear I will be.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Lost on ABC
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2004, 10:45:19 pm »

Is Lost another convoluted game show, like Survivor or The Apprentice (which I must admit I watch faithfully every week)?

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Lost on ABC
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2004, 10:47:04 pm »

cortjstr, no, i don't think you will be too lost, no pun intendended.

jough- no, it is the show about the plane that crashes and the survivors try to survive.

all the previews made me say "meh" but it's actually, rilly rilly compelling.  great acting, great plot, great drecting, etc, etc.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Lost on ABC
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2004, 10:48:42 pm »

Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Lost on ABC
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2004, 10:57:43 pm »

Actually it looks like they're rerunning the entire 2-hour pilot this Saturday at 8. I'll just TiVo that.

Jough, Lost was created by the same guy as Alias, if that helps any.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Lost on ABC
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2004, 10:59:11 pm »

I haven't seen it, but it sounds pretty good. On the other hand, it's got Dom Monaghan, who is inexplicably an Internet sex god (despite looking like a chimp repeatedly hit in the face with a cast-iron frying pan and then stretched out) and whom I can't look at without giggling anymore. My life is a sadness.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Lost on ABC
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2004, 11:07:16 pm »

Oh, so it is acted by people pretending to be lost.

For a second there I thought they really crashed a plane and then the survivors got to fight over who got to... survive...

Prime time TeeVee disappoints yet again.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Lost on ABC
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2004, 11:14:21 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Oh, so it is acted by people pretending to be lost.

For a second there I thought they really crashed a plane and then the survivors got to fight over who got to... survive...

Prime time TeeVee disappoints yet again.


dissapoints whom?

not me, as you could tell if you were paying attention rather than trying hard to be dour, since i'm so undissapointed with Lost as to be Appointed.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush
Pages: [1]   Go Up