Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Yay us!
Happy 9th Birthday to TOUAMB.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Good dickens it has been three years (10.1.04)  (Read 5327 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Good dickens it has been three years (10.1.04)
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2004, 06:27:41 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
I have been around since this strip.

Who can beat that?  I know *somebody* here can.  

Besides O, that is.

Me too. But we already had the Lileks->Achewood conversation.

Of course it took me like another 8 months of reading the strip/board before I actually posted anything. You people were intimidating.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Good dickens it has been three years (10.1.04)
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2004, 06:32:08 pm »

This was my introduction to Achewood that stuck:

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=02072003

I'd read it about a year earlier based on someone's blog entry but I read the first few strips and wasn't amused, so I passed on it.

After the "Six Kinds of Nasty" strip I started reading backwards a little, got hooked, and started over at the beginning of the archives.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Good dickens it has been three years (10.1.04)
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2004, 06:34:15 pm »

Whenever Lileks linked to Achewood from the Bleat was when I got in.
Logged

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Good dickens it has been three years (10.1.04)
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2004, 07:46:11 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Whenever Lileks linked to Achewood from the Bleat was when I got in.


I got hooked when Ken Layne linked to this strip. I heard Howard Huge sold Duke that cocaine.
Logged

Kapow

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 16
    • View Profile
    • http://lotlot.net/
Good dickens it has been three years (10.1.04)
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2004, 07:57:34 pm »

Early 2002, when he had the fanart page linked in the lower-right.  I'm almost positive I heard about it from K. Thor Jensen.  He did fanart and two of the guest strips.

Whatever happened to that fanart, anyway?
Logged

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Good dickens it has been three years (10.1.04)
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2004, 08:08:24 pm »

Quote from: "Mantonio"
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Whenever Lileks linked to Achewood from the Bleat was when I got in.


I got hooked when Ken Layne linked to this strip. I heard Howard Huge sold Duke that cocaine.


I think Mr. Layne linked several, but I think it was that one that finally convinced me to spend almost four hours of my former employer's time reading the archives from the beginning.

And that is why your Sprint PCS wireless service is so expensive.
Logged

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Good dickens it has been three years (10.1.04)
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2004, 08:14:36 pm »

Quote from: "Gimpson"
Quote from: "Mantonio"
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Whenever Lileks linked to Achewood from the Bleat was when I got in.


I got hooked when Ken Layne linked to this strip. I heard Howard Huge sold Duke that cocaine.


I think Mr. Layne linked several, but I think it was that one that finally convinced me to spend almost four hours of my former employer's time reading the archives from the beginning.

And that is why your Sprint PCS wireless service is so expensive.


Good thing I got Verizon, then.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Good dickens it has been three years (10.1.04)
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2004, 08:39:16 pm »

I was referred on Ted Barlow's recommendation.  I actually started reading at the beginning, as he suggested.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
Good dickens it has been three years (10.1.04)
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2004, 11:41:40 pm »

I moved into a house with a bunch of kids i didn't know that had a cheap room for rent in late 2002, and the first day i was there i noticed achewood vol. 1 on the coffee table. The whole next week i kept getting busted for reading the archives at work. I reccomend it to anyone i know who has half an idea of what the internet is.

THREE YEARS!!! IT IS A LOVE STORY!!!
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Good dickens it has been three years (10.1.04)
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2004, 01:54:53 am »

Merry, happy 3rd.

I can't remember when I found Achewood. At one point I was sure it was during Beef and Ray's road trip, but I think it must have been before that...

Anyway, I dig it... verily. And my mom still treasures her books, as do I mine.

A toast for Achewood is a good thing. Thanks.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Good dickens it has been three years (10.1.04)
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2004, 04:34:42 am »

Quote from: "sailor"
I moved into a house with a bunch of kids i didn't know that had a cheap room for rent in late 2002, and the first day i was there i noticed achewood vol. 1 on the coffee table. The whole next week i kept getting busted for reading the archives at work. I reccomend it to anyone i know who has half an idea of what the internet is.

THREE YEARS!!! IT IS A LOVE STORY!!!


Sailor you get another gold star.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
Good dickens it has been three years (10.1.04)
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2004, 08:25:00 am »

Yay to 3 years!

Well, I've been reading since, I think, sometime in '02 cause I remember wearing an achewood special girl shirt when I had a special night that xmas... ahah.

I recall it was linked on Elftor which I completely forgot about after it stopped updating as often, so yay to achewood sticking!  heh.
The first strip I saw was the one where philippe gets the Emeril eyebrows.

[edited:  found the link... so yeah, Oct. 02.  quite awhile longer than I thought]
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

Silverberg

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 77
    • View Profile
Good dickens it has been three years (10.1.04)
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2004, 12:20:04 am »

My first strip was Teodor acusing Ray that he didn't know what the internet was, followed by Ray dancing and singing his internet song.

Yeah, I came pretty late to the table, but I have since read the archives and loved close to every bit of them. Here's to another spiffy year.

Rock over TCP/IP, rock on XML.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Good dickens it has been three years (10.1.04)
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2004, 04:09:56 am »

Mine was the simple question of rad. And rad it was.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Good dickens it has been three years (10.1.04)
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2004, 04:14:27 am »

Mine was "My goodness, what a terrible car crash!" It made me laugh evilly.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up