Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that nobody but Wombat notices what is in the News Box?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: The Latest Achewood Merch Thread  (Read 8419 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
The Latest Achewood Merch Thread
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2004, 06:44:05 pm »

My SCIENCE shirt has been basically without flaw since I got it over a year ago.  Are you people washing your shirts in blenders or something?

I turn mine inside-out before I wash it, but then again I thought this was standard procedure for any shirt that had some sort of writing on it.
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
The Latest Achewood Merch Thread
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2004, 06:48:28 pm »

This board is only advertising for Achewood in an ancillary fashion (excuse the pun).

I'm willing to allow Achewood merchandise discussion if it remains in this one clearly marked thread.

If he starts hawking his t-shirts and stuff in every post then it's Deletin' Time.

Chris Onstad

  • Mr. Achewood
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 119
    • View Profile
    • http://www.achewood.com
The Latest Achewood Merch Thread
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2004, 07:01:00 pm »

I, too, would prefer to handle customer service via email, not on a discussion board. Thanks all.
Logged

Kapow

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 16
    • View Profile
    • http://lotlot.net/
The Latest Achewood Merch Thread
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2004, 07:07:00 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
If he starts hawking his t-shirts and stuff in every post then it's Deletin' Time.

What the fuck kind of lunatic power trip are you people on?  Someone said "iffy t-shirt", he responded to it, people started complaining about merchandise, he addressed the complaints, and you come romping in wearing your blanket-cape and burger king crown yelling HEY ONSTAD DON'T TRY TO SELL STUFF HERE OR I'LL DELETE IT I'M WARNING YOU!!!  Get over yourself.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
The Latest Achewood Merch Thread
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2004, 07:11:32 pm »

Sometimes it helps if you read the entire post before replying to it.

My point was that the rules are no different here for Chris Onstad than they are for Kapow or V-Adore.  

I have no problem with him responding to posts about people's problems with their merchandise.  Surely it would be better for all if they had e-mailed him with complaints rather than just vented on a message board, but the Achewood store doesn't seem to have a customer service dept., and people generally don't consider that a store of any kind will replace a t-shirt if the writing gets washed off.

So it's nice that the Achewood store has that policy - it'd be nicer if it were posted somewhere on the store site - but this isn't Achewood.com.  If Onstad (or anyone else) wants to advertise here we have advertising rates available to him.

Chris Onstad

  • Mr. Achewood
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 119
    • View Profile
    • http://www.achewood.com
The Latest Achewood Merch Thread
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2004, 07:15:34 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
but the Achewood store doesn't seem to have a customer service dept


My wife handles all customer service, five days a week. orders@achewood.com

Our store policies:
http://www.achewood.com/shop/shopfaq.php

We don't currently have a policy for people whose shirts age prematurely because we've never come across it before. I offered to help V-Adore with her shirt because it sounded defective (although the damaging ways people come up with to wash clothing will scare you).

Probably time to close this thread before it consumes all of our weekends.
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
The Latest Achewood Merch Thread
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2004, 10:47:24 pm »

i have some ##### that say not to use fabirc softener with them.

i'm frightened one morning i'm doing laundry i'll be sleepy and forget and accidentally toss a dryer sheet in with them.

i'm afraid of my #####.

there.  i've said it, and i feel much better.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
The Latest Achewood Merch Thread
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2004, 03:50:21 am »

HaHA!  Choop has brass nipples!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
The Latest Achewood Merch Thread
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2004, 12:46:09 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Interestingly, this forum has just started to show signs of sucking in the past few days. After a year plus.

Innnnn-teresting.


It's because I forgot to read it. What the hell people? I come back after a couple months, and people are heckling a cartoonist on the subject of garment quality?

Is this where our tax dollars go? I rather miss the Cold War.
Logged

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
The Latest Achewood Merch Thread
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2004, 05:23:45 pm »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
It's because I forgot to read it. What the hell people? I come back after a couple months, and people are heckling a cartoonist on the subject of garment quality?

Is this where our tax dollars go? I rather miss the Cold War.


Ack!  Bobby's back!  Everyone hide the hard stuff!  Ack!!
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
The Latest Achewood Merch Thread
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2004, 05:41:58 pm »

Quote from: "Pedro Picasso"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
It's because I forgot to read it. What the hell people? I come back after a couple months, and people are heckling a cartoonist on the subject of garment quality?

Is this where our tax dollars go? I rather miss the Cold War.


Ack!  Bobby's back!  Everyone hide the hard stuff!  Ack!!



Back . . . now with Jesus Punches!
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
The Latest Achewood Merch Thread
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2004, 06:23:20 pm »

I just figure it worth pointing out before this goes, that in reply to Choop's point about the size - It would be good if you could put measurements up on the store for the shirt sizes, if there aren't already, as I have bought a few shirts and things from online stores and XL always ends up being a whole variety of sizes from what I would consider small to XXL. Thinkgeek I think it is who gave measurements wich helped a lot and got me perfectly sized tees.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Chris Onstad

  • Mr. Achewood
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 119
    • View Profile
    • http://www.achewood.com
The Latest Achewood Merch Thread
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2004, 08:08:47 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
It would be good if you could put measurements up on the store for the shirt sizes, if there aren't already


Every Achewood shop page on which you can purchase a piece of apparel has a link to a garment sizing page. The information on the garment sizing page is directly from the manufacturer. Buy with confidence!
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
The Latest Achewood Merch Thread
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2004, 01:52:32 am »

Quote from: "Chris Onstad"

Every Achewood shop page on which you can purchase a piece of apparel has a link to a garment sizing page.


Doh. Excellent. I was just too busy/lazy to CJ it.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
The Latest Achewood Merch Thread
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2004, 07:12:45 pm »

Here's a comment that's actually about Achewood merchandise.

Chris Onstad, have you ever considered offering Achewood-themed baby and children's apparel in the Achewood store?  My imminent daughter really needs a "Here Comes A Special Girl" onesie.

UPDATE:  I see you do have children's clothes now.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up