Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

How Does He Smell?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: "onstad vs. the board"  (Read 14432 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
"onstad vs. the board"
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2004, 07:20:55 pm »

Well, we only allow one account per person, and there's a script that goes through the accounts once every few days and if it finds two users posting from the same IP it deletes both accounts.

So by all means, post as someone else if you'd like.

Kapow

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 16
    • View Profile
    • http://lotlot.net/
"onstad vs. the board"
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2004, 07:29:46 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
DELETE DELETE I CAN DELETE AND BAN YOU I AM LORD OF ALL

I'm not feeling quite myself today.
Logged

Kapow

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 16
    • View Profile
    • http://lotlot.net/
"onstad vs. the board"
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2004, 07:34:56 pm »

Hey, does this mean that since I'm posting here, no one else from my college is allowed to post here?
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
"onstad vs. the board"
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2004, 07:45:01 pm »

Quote from: "Kapow"
Quote from: "jough"
DELETE DELETE I CAN DELETE AND BAN YOU I AM LORD OF ALL

I'm not feeling quite myself today.


The hilarious thing is, if Jough was such a tyrant, this post wouldn't exist. The existence of this post is, in fact, some sort of bizarre logical fallacy. Due to this post, the entire fabric of reality is ripping. I just saw Spock walk by, but now he's got a little beard.
And the best thing is, if Jough was randomly banning everything, guess what? HE CAN. Because did you notice the URL up there? Do you realize why "plagiarist" is in that URL? Because Jough PAYS for this site. He OWNS this site. Every time you post about how much Jough's an asshole, you cost him money, a little bit more each time.
You know, it might be an asshole thing to complain about free entertainment. I try not to. However, it's also an asshole thing to complain about how the owner of a site might threaten to stop you from continually pissing on him at his expense.
And I've cost Jough a few more pennies, talking about you. Sorry, Jough, but I'll hit up the tip jar later.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Kapow

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 16
    • View Profile
    • http://lotlot.net/
"onstad vs. the board"
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2004, 07:50:06 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
The hilarious thing is, if Jough was such a tyrant, this post wouldn't exist.

And that's why all his dick-waving and threatening to delete posts by the author of the comic the board is dedicated to is funny.  Because he's a pussy.
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
"onstad vs. the board"
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2004, 08:35:41 pm »

Please do not feed the troll.
Logged

Kapow

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 16
    • View Profile
    • http://lotlot.net/
"onstad vs. the board"
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2004, 08:39:56 pm »

Quote from: "Ben-San"
Please do not feed the troll. :cry:

there is a difference between trolling and flaming.
Logged

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
"onstad vs. the board"
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2004, 08:40:15 pm »

Dick waving pussies, and creators that themselves disappear when sleeping.  Ah, it's good to be back at the old message board.

Quote from: "Kapow"
there is a difference between trolling and flaming.


In truth it's the flaming trolls we have to worry about.  Fiendish things that eat our children and wreak havok on our thatch-roofed cottages.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
"onstad vs. the board"
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2004, 08:45:18 pm »

Quote from: "Pedro Picasso"
In truth it's the flaming trolls we have to worry about.  Fiendish things that eat our children and wreak havok on our thatch-roofed cottages.

Between flaming trolls and people making movies about Robin Hood your village's fire department must see a lot of action.
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
"onstad vs. the board"
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2004, 08:47:53 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
I'm glad that Achewood has brought us together here because I consider many (if not most) of you friends and enjoy our discussions more than I've enjoyed the strips in the past year.


The bolded text is the real crux of the biscuit.  A bunch of us have become friends, and though our relationships exist mostly via Net ( with occasional mailings and, for a lucky few, field trips ), we treasure them.  Though Chris Onstad's strip was the catalyst for the whole thing, this board exists separately from it, and the discussions of his work are the thing I'm least interested in when I come here.  I want to find out what's going on in the minds and lives of the regular posters here, and sometimes I want them to send me CDs so I can hear what the kids are listening to these days.

Yes, Jough can be a dick.  ( I didn't really feel like I was a member here until I had engaged him in a minor-league steel-cager over the value of improv comedy.  Now I'd take a bullet for him.  Or at least a mild, open-handed slap to the shoulder.  )   Yes, every once in a while he'll take a slap at Onstad that kinda makes me wonder what the hell that's all about.  

Such is life.  He started this website and keeps it going on his dime.  We like it here.  If you don't, no one is forcing you to stick around.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
"onstad vs. the board"
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2004, 08:56:46 pm »

I guess I don't really notice this so much. The last community like this that I was a part of was in Hecklers Online. And their whole gimmick was that all the HO's were insufferable dicks and performed their moddly duties as such. So this forum seems tamer by comparison. But without the prizes.
Logged

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
"onstad vs. the board"
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2004, 09:26:06 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Between flaming trolls and people making movies about Robin Hood your village's fire department must see a lot of action.


Fortunately, our village people keep us in good spirits with their upbeat singing and lively costumes.

Can we change the title of this thread to "the board vs. kapow and that guy that can't die".  Obviously we're all in love with Onstad, the strip, and eachother (via internet crushes).  If we badmouth the strip, it's because the strip quality varies in our opinions (from pretty good to freaking hilarious), and we like having something in common to talk about.  

If a couple of board members don't like the discourse, I suggest they post often and lead by example.  My way, for instance, is to drop in every few months and post a couple dozen semi-witty comments to revel in the actually witty responses.

I also post links to pictures of severed c*ckes.  Like I said, lead by example.
Logged

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
"onstad vs. the board"
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2004, 09:26:21 pm »

See, I've been operating under the assumption that most of the people here are sarcastic bastard smart-asses (my favorite kind of people) and have acted accordingly.  See?  Easy.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
"onstad vs. the board"
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2004, 09:26:57 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Between flaming trolls and people making movies about Robin Hood your village's fire department must see a lot of action.


LEAVE US ALONE, MEL BROOKS!!!
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
"onstad vs. the board"
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2004, 10:41:52 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Between flaming trolls and people making movies about Robin Hood your village's fire department must see a lot of action.

LEAVE US ALONE, MEL BROOKS!!!

::high five::

Also, has Pedro been kidnapped? Potentially by evil space aliens who want to make our cereal soggy? Because that would suck. And this reference's obscurity frightens me.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up