Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Have some dignity.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: random  (Read 2586 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
random
« on: October 01, 2004, 06:12:58 pm »

i just have to state that it is an odd reaction i am feeling to having the only 'strip related thread i've openned be locked.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
random
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2004, 06:17:23 pm »

You'll get over it.  It's better than the feeling that arrives when you post to a thread...and then the thread just seems to die.  And you are forced to wonder Did my shitty post put this thread to an untimely death?  I've killed over 27% of the threads on this site.
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
random
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2004, 06:19:13 pm »

Quote from: "Limmo"
You'll get over it.  It's better than the feeling that arrives when you post to a thread...and then the thread just seems to die.  And you are forced to wonder Did my shitty post put this thread to an untimely death?  I've killed over 27% of the threads on this site.


the desire not to reply and just let this thread die was nearly insurmountable.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
random
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2004, 06:25:03 pm »

The worst is when you come up with something you really want to add, but nobody else has replied. Resurrecting a thread from a day or two ago via double-post is hella lame so you can never share your comment with the world.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
random
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2004, 06:58:40 pm »

I've started threads that die after three posts. What I hate is when a thread gets really lively and I don't get to read it til after it's locked. I'm all 'damn, I would have wanted to get in on that'.
Logged

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
random
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2004, 09:15:17 pm »

I was also sad that thread got locked.  It was the first time I actually had something to say about the strip.  Oh well, it was banal anyway.  What I had to say, that is.
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
random
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2004, 10:49:43 pm »

what did you have to say?
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
random
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2004, 02:51:02 pm »

All I was going to say was that I am actually very glad Onstad came and told us that Beef was just napping.
A number of the Molly/Beef strips make me feel somewhat ominous, but this one especially!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
random
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2004, 07:18:49 pm »

I was just going to say that I love it when any of the cats behave in conspiciously cat-like ways.  Like napping curled up on the floor.  I want to see a strip where Ray and Beef are absentmindedly batting a ball of foil back and forth while they're talking, or somesuch.
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
random
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2004, 02:37:18 am »

cool.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
random
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2004, 12:21:45 pm »

Quote from: "Va"
I want to see a strip where Ray and Beef are absentmindedly batting a ball of foil back and forth while they're talking, or somesuch.


Totally makes me think of Family Guy, in which Brian is at his therapist session, and whilst talking Brian is playing fetch. That and the drunken tail chasing.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: [1]   Go Up