Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Awww yeah who is CATHOLIC up in this piece?!?!" -- you never hear that any more.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Tell me of the things I can do- Monday, Oct. 4th  (Read 8345 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Tell me of the things I can do- Monday, Oct. 4th
« on: October 04, 2004, 06:35:46 am »

....I really like this one, but I don't get the punchline. I like the freak out lines on the penis, I like the penis falling off of the table...but what is that? Is that a Kit-Kat bar? A snap-off exacto blade?
I guess I'll just have to wait for someone to enlighten me.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Tell me of the things I can do- Monday, Oct. 4th
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2004, 11:26:11 am »

It's tweezers.  I thought it was like in the fable, like he was removing a thorn from the penis's paw - but isn't that backwards?  Isn't the little prey animal supposed to remove a thorn from the paw of the big scary predator?

OK, so where's Chris when we need him to cut off our usual baseless speculations with actual information?  Dang West Coast slugabeds.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
Tell me of the things I can do- Monday, Oct. 4th
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2004, 11:57:48 am »

Yay!  I knew it was tweezers!  perhaps cause I see them around the house too often not to recognise 'em on the spot...

Anyway, I considered he was using the tweezer on the penis to keep it from falling and he's so light, he didn't need a bigger device... of course, I'm simple minded at times.. especially at close to 7am without sleep.
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

pubdoggy

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 89
  • R. Smuckles publicity shot c. 2002
    • View Profile
    • Simon Whitehead Photography
Tell me of the things I can do- Monday, Oct. 4th
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2004, 01:03:28 pm »

I thought beef was simply shaking hands with Mr penis, and utilised lab tweezers so that his proportionately huge paws wouldn't smother the little guy. It's a lovely image.
Logged
Satori must be something just the same...

arlucasinc

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 132
    • View Profile
    • http://arlucasinc.livejournal.com
Tell me of the things I can do- Monday, Oct. 4th
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2004, 01:05:38 pm »

See now, I saw it as Beef was using the tweezers to loosen the grip of the one last hanger-on. All the other mice are off the table. This one, too, must go.

Not such a lovely image.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Tell me of the things I can do- Monday, Oct. 4th
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2004, 01:09:00 pm »

I love the strip because it's open to so many interpretations.  Is Beef saving the penis?  Capturing it?  Holding it still so's he can hit it with the hammer?  Does Beef even know what he's doing?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Tell me of the things I can do- Monday, Oct. 4th
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2004, 01:10:21 pm »

Quote from: "arlucasinc"
See now, I saw it as Beef was using the tweezers to loosen the grip of the one last hanger-on. All the other mice are off the table. This one, too, must go.

Not such a lovely image.


indeed, he appeared weilding the hammer and was distraught at the the thought of *mushing* mice, but lucklily all but one fled.  left with the thought of mushing that one, he set the hammer down and got tweezers to pry up the paw of the penis so it would plummet to his doom.

so, beef equates prying the paw up of a penis holding onto a ledge so it might plummet to its doom, with lab science.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
Tell me of the things I can do- Monday, Oct. 4th
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2004, 02:10:40 pm »

I think those are rats.  Proportionate to Roast Beef, the rodents appear to be only a little smaller than Todd, which would make them very large mice.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Tell me of the things I can do- Monday, Oct. 4th
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2004, 02:13:33 pm »

Those look to be rats, yeah.

And I love the ambiguity, too -- you really can read this strip as everything from "using the tweezers to capture the rat, albeit sort of half-assedly" to "using the tweezers to try to desperately save the rat." Also, the alt text is goddamn priceless. BUT AT WHAT COST indeed, Mr. Kazenzakis!
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Tell me of the things I can do- Monday, Oct. 4th
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2004, 02:32:20 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
 Dang West Coast slugabeds.


Hey!
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Tell me of the things I can do- Monday, Oct. 4th
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2004, 02:32:53 pm »

I am not loving the ambiguity.  I desire clarification.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest
Tell me of the things I can do- Monday, Oct. 4th
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2004, 02:36:02 pm »

.. well, now that you mention it, I'm starting to wonder myself.

It becomes eerier the longer you think about it.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Tell me of the things I can do- Monday, Oct. 4th
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2004, 02:37:36 pm »

Quote from: "Limmo"
Quote from: "wombat"
 Dang West Coast slugabeds.


Hey!


Aren't you some kind of musician?  You didn't get up early, you've been up all night.

The dachshund needs to jump on the bed now and wake Mr Onstad up.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Silverberg

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 77
    • View Profile
Tell me of the things I can do- Monday, Oct. 4th
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2004, 03:12:49 pm »

This strip's rainbow of interpretations is beautiful. I almost don't want Onstad to reveal his original intent.
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Tell me of the things I can do- Monday, Oct. 4th
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2004, 03:58:07 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
Aren't you some kind of musician?  You didn't get up early, you've been up all night.


I'm a marketing director.  With a toddler.  I haven't been up all night since...well, since September 17, actually, but it weren't because of no music, I can tell you that.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up