Interesting piece of info I read earlier today...
Richard Kelly, the guy who wrote and directed Donnie Darko has voiced a wish to bring The Dark Tower to film, and Stephen King (interviewed briefly regarding lyrics from
Hurt appearing in the final part by
the nin hotline) has said he can't think of anyone better.
I have no real idea what this whole Dark Tower thing is all about...
I have never really liked King, mainly because while I think he has great ideas, I don't like his delivery. I did quite like some of the one centred around some wierdo turning up and causing a storm... I also was appalled by Kingdom Hospital. I utterly fail to understand why he wrote himself into what in it's original form was a great series. It went from being interesting and strange to being incredibly boring.
But anyway, the Dark Tower stuff does sound pretty interesting and I will probably check it out at some point, when I've gotten round to getting to the new Stephenson stuff and the new Mitchell (which is Booker shortlisted I think, and his first two were outstanding novels - finest debut ever for sure).