Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood My bicycle is parked in the living room. A tub of tartar sauce sits open on the counter. Truly, the evidence of a wife being away too long.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ubiquity, thy name is iPod  (Read 31176 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Ubiquity, thy name is iPod
« Reply #150 on: February 26, 2006, 12:14:46 pm »

Fuck you too Paul.  I hope that when you die in your fiery auto-wreck it's only because you crashed into a pole and not into a Pole or a Czech or something.

The question is, will he get a photograph of it with his last dying breath?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Ubiquity, thy name is iPod
« Reply #151 on: February 26, 2006, 04:49:41 pm »

Paul's such a motherfuck*ng badass.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Ubiquity, thy name is iPod
« Reply #152 on: February 26, 2006, 04:55:23 pm »

Of course he'll get a picture.

I'm just saying I think hurtling around in multi-thousand pound blocks of iron is perhaps serious enough to require the operator to get the most out of their faculties and senses. It's nice to be able to pick up the subleties of the bicyclist's dying gurgles, whimpers, and cries as you drive over them.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Ubiquity, thy name is iPod
« Reply #153 on: February 26, 2006, 04:55:46 pm »

Since just about everything is illegal in Utah, I wouldn't be surprised if you got pulled over.  Of course, since you won't be able to hear the siren, you'll probably end up serving some jail time for fleeing from the police.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was no law to regulate that, because the state legislature has a strong libertarian faction.  This year a bill that would make not wearing a seatbelt an offense for which a cop can pull someone over was defeated.  Again.  They just, this year, passed a hate crime bill, after significantly weakening it.  And the bill that bans smoking in bars and clubs was narrowly defeated last year.  I don't know what happened with it this year.

But then we have all these fucked up liquor laws (which the Governor has flirted with changing).
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Ubiquity, thy name is iPod
« Reply #154 on: February 26, 2006, 05:50:17 pm »

I hope that when you die in your fiery auto-wreck it's only because you crashed into a pole

Because I couldn't hear the pole?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Ubiquity, thy name is iPod
« Reply #155 on: February 26, 2006, 05:52:11 pm »

Fuck you too Paul.  I hope that when you die in your fiery auto-wreck it's only because you crashed into a pole and not into a Pole or a Czech or something.

What if I take out a busload of Mormons?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Ubiquity, thy name is iPod
« Reply #156 on: February 26, 2006, 06:10:12 pm »

What if I take out a busload of Mormons?

~Paul

A full busload? Are you driving this?

Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Ubiquity, thy name is iPod
« Reply #157 on: February 27, 2006, 01:40:27 am »

It's probably got about as much firepower.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Ubiquity, thy name is iPod
« Reply #158 on: February 27, 2006, 03:07:05 pm »

Everything I've heard about the FM transmitters is that they ain't so good.  Jough's statement that they're better or worse depending on how many FM stations are around you is probably accurate.

My wife and I switched cars, putting me in a car with a tape deck and no CD player.  So I started recording CDs to cassette.  Then the home stereo with the CD player + tape deck died--can't play fuck*ng CDs (the second time this stereo has broken in the same fashion).

So I got one of the cassette adapters that Tangle referred to, and started using my MP3 player as my car stereo.  Sure enough, within a month, the cassette player in the car craps out, so I can't listen to MP3s or even the few tapes I made before the home stereo died.

This led to my new car stereo purchase, but that's having its own problems, and I'm quite sure it will catch on fire or something the day it goes out of warranty.  Apparently I'm just not supposed to listen to music in this car.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Ubiquity, thy name is iPod
« Reply #159 on: February 28, 2006, 03:38:48 am »

This led to my new car stereo purchase, but that's having its own problems, and I'm quite sure it will catch on fire or something the day it goes out of warranty.  Apparently I'm just not supposed to listen to music in this car.

Hire you a mariachi band to sit in the back seat all day, Carlos.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up