Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood You are on the Night Train. Five Hours have passed. Axl Rose is in the gym car. It's not what you expected.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: what we need ... science  (Read 1315 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jen

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3
    • View Profile
what we need ... science
« on: October 08, 2004, 04:53:21 pm »

Odd request. I started reading the strip about a week ago, and I was looking through the shirts for sale and fell in love with "What we need more of . . .is science." I bought it but I cannot find what story arc it's from, and frankly, its weird getting a shirt that I don't "get" fully.  I love the shirt on its own merits...mostly I'm just curious. Could any of you waste five minutes of your day and perhaps point me to the right story arc/date?
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
what we need ... science
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2004, 05:10:41 pm »

Logged

jen

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3
    • View Profile
what we need ... science
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2004, 05:30:52 pm »

Oh, just a snazzy catchphrase. That's cool.  Thanks.
Logged

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
what we need ... science
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2004, 06:40:32 pm »

It is as you say.

One of the charms of the strip is the distinctive voices the characters have.  Their phrase constructions are as unique to them as Invader Zim's semi-random syllabic emphasis is to umm.. Zim.  The slogan has the same sound to it that Beef's in-strip shirts have.  "It is impossible to have a good day." etc.  There was also a Songfight contest with Achwood's science slogan.
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
what we need ... science
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2004, 08:49:20 pm »

indeed.  i think onstadt's ability to have so many distinct voices, and especially now with the blogs, is impressive and distinctive itself.  so many webcomics' characters all sound very alike.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush
Pages: [1]   Go Up