Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's sad thing: A reeking tweaker couple looking in the gas station freezer for "that pizza that was good in the microwave last time."

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Appearances of Arthur  (Read 2960 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

dubnobass

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2
    • View Profile
Appearances of Arthur
« on: October 10, 2004, 11:49:14 am »

Has Arthur ever appeared in more than these two strips?

Hello, by the way.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Appearances of Arthur
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2004, 03:43:28 pm »

Welccome, and great avatar.

There's that strip, and maybe a couple more, but I'm not the resident archivist.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

V-Adore

  • Guest
Appearances of Arthur
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2004, 04:15:37 pm »

I don't recall Arthur showing up in any strips besides his brief appearances in the Secret Ice Cream Shop arc and his recent support-group appearance, no.

Also, welcome to the board! Always good to have new faces (er, new avatars) and new voices (er, new typing styles) about.
Logged

Silverberg

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 77
    • View Profile
Appearances of Arthur
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2004, 07:54:55 pm »

Arthur's only in three strips, which is probably a good thing. The "apple for a brain" one is great, but mostly because of Pat.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Appearances of Arthur
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2004, 08:06:35 pm »

dubnobass, your avatar makes me long for the time when I'd blow through weeks upon weeks happily playing Monster Rancher 2.

Also, no - those star sunglasses, one would remember shit like that.
Logged

Chris Onstad

  • Mr. Achewood
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 119
    • View Profile
    • http://www.achewood.com
Appearances of Arthur
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2004, 10:23:18 pm »

I drew Arthur a long time ago, and the stuffed elephant that Ray is holding in this strip:
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03062002
was his toy. He was originally conceived of as retarded, and thought the elephant was his baby. I do not know why he evolved into the happiest member of Pat's anger management therapy group.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Appearances of Arthur
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2004, 03:11:34 am »

Good job people. I'm glad that you can handling your own archive questions while I'm away.

I've still got a shitload of boxes to unpack, btw, but have to go to work tomorrow because the FDA is coming to inspect us Wednesday. Joy!
Logged

dubnobass

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2
    • View Profile
Appearances of Arthur
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2004, 08:15:44 am »

Is Arthur.. not popular then?
I like him. He adds a touch of Elton John. Not that I'm a fan or anything, but the world needs more star sunglasses.

The avatar is a cat made to look like Doraemon. The world needs more blue cats, too.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Appearances of Arthur
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2004, 01:26:19 pm »

Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
I drew Arthur a long time ago, and the stuffed elephant that Ray is holding in this strip:
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03062002
was his toy. He was originally conceived of as retarded, and thought the elephant was his baby. I do not know why he evolved into the happiest member of Pat's anger management therapy group.


I believe there should be more mentally deficient characters in our collective consciousness. Besides Wesley Willis and the kid from Life Goes On, who is there?

Anyone who makes ad hominem attacks about anyone on this board or any sitting presidents is obviously not thinking outside of the box
Logged

Silverberg

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 77
    • View Profile
Appearances of Arthur
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2004, 02:27:52 pm »

I was literally held down by friends and forced to watch professional wrestling last night, during the course of which I learned that there is in fact a mentally retarded wrestler character among the ranks of the WWF. His name is Eugene.

Gods, I feel dirty.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Appearances of Arthur
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2004, 03:32:02 pm »

Quote from: "dubnobass"
Is Arthur.. not popular then?
I like him. He adds a touch of Elton John. Not that I'm a fan or anything, but the world needs more star sunglasses.

The avatar is a cat made to look like Doraemon. The world needs more blue cats, too.

I like Arthur, but only in small doses. He's like several of the recurring minor characters in that he seriously doesn't need a bigger role than he's getting, and I'd probably find him grating if he showed up constantly, but as a very occasional element of the universe he's fine. (Emeril and Spongebath are other good examples.)

Mind, this is in contrast to the recurring minor characters around whom I could tolerate an entire three-month story arc. Oh, where art thou, Lie Bot?
Logged

Silverberg

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 77
    • View Profile
Appearances of Arthur
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2004, 03:40:29 pm »

Lie Bot? Nah, we need some more Vlad. Also Andy, to a lesser extent.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Appearances of Arthur
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2004, 03:50:44 pm »

I would not object to any rowbought-related content, really. It's all good.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Appearances of Arthur
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2004, 04:28:25 pm »

Quote from: "Silverberg"
I was literally held down by friends and forced to watch professional wrestling last night, during the course of which I learned that there is in fact a mentally retarded wrestler character among the ranks of the WWF. His name is Eugene.


It's funny you should mention that, because I saw something on one of those Hollywood Tabloid News shows about how the American Society for Retards (or whatever it's called) wanted to give this guy an award for being a positive role model for the retarded but he had to turn them down because HE IS JUST AN ACTOR and of course is not actually retarded.

I wonder how positive a role model they'll find him NOW, bitch?

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Appearances of Arthur
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2004, 04:49:24 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "Silverberg"
I was literally held down by friends and forced to watch professional wrestling last night, during the course of which I learned that there is in fact a mentally retarded wrestler character among the ranks of the WWF. His name is Eugene.

It's funny you should mention that, because I saw something on one of those Hollywood Tabloid News shows about how the American Society for Retards (or whatever it's called) wanted to give this guy an award for being a positive role model for the retarded but he had to turn them down because HE IS JUST AN ACTOR and of course is not actually retarded.

I wonder how positive a role model they'll find him NOW, bitch?

This way they can just change his hairstyle and have him come back as Eugene's brother Nick, out for revenge on all those mean wrestlers who mocked him.

Apparently they also sell a t-shirt with his name written backwards and the tag on the outside.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up