Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do you love saying "Canadian bacon"?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Linguini Seafood"  (Read 1981 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
"Linguini Seafood"
« on: October 10, 2004, 05:13:16 pm »

So, anyone tried that seafood linguini recipe in Chris's blog yet? (I would give it a shot, but dorm kitchens + Super Stop-N-Shop + seafood = near-certain disaster.)
Logged

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
"Linguini Seafood"
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2004, 06:24:08 pm »

I'll probably try it this week.  I'm still waiting for my Achewood cookbook but my eating habits aren't very patient so one recipe will have to satisfy me (no pun intended) until the bound volume arrives.  

Something about the term "debearded mussels" grosses me out, though.  I'll make sure mine come pan-ready.
Logged

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
"Linguini Seafood"
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2004, 03:19:49 pm »

I made the seafood linguine recipe (with a few modifications) on Friday.  Pretty good results.

I skipped the mussels.  I don't trust the grocery store's selection and the fresh market was closed so I just left them out.  I used bigger scallops, but I cut them into smaller bits so they'd cook like smaller ones.  And I ended up using a little more prepared marinara than is suggested, but I like mine saucy.  I'll try it again and see if I can control the heat a little better - I ended up toasting the garlic a little more than I would have liked.

It made two big portions, or we could have made a side dish or two and split it among three.  Stick with two, though, and impress your lady.

Also, my cookbook arrived this weekend.  Not bad for a self-published book (I would have appreciated higher-quality paper stock).  I will forever cherish my personalized dedication from a sweater-clad Roast Beef (probably easier to draw a sweater than a cat standing on his hind legs) and Chris' instruction to "Cook the diamond juice."
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up