Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Once you been to a few weddings, you realize ain’t nobody gives a damn if you readin’ custom vows or the 1987 “Let’s Go!” guide to Bahrain. Just use that stuff about Do/Don’t and Sickness or Health and you gonna get the job done.  -=RAY=-

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blogs thread - week of October 11  (Read 2920 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Blogs thread - week of October 11
« on: October 10, 2004, 11:02:14 pm »

Started a day early due to the COMPLETE AND TOTAL AWESOMENESS of Ray's Country & Western party.  I could pull quotes for days, but I will settle for "...I never thought he had experience in honky-tonk pastimes."  

Big gummy gold star for Mr. Onstad.

That is all.
Logged

filas

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 61
    • View Profile
Blogs thread - week of October 11
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2004, 04:46:14 am »

i enjoyed the entire blog as well.  it's a great, complete story, and the ending is awesome and apropriate.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Blogs thread - week of October 11
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2004, 04:03:24 pm »

Ray's party blog is in fact the best blog entry in a long time, competing only with Ray's blogging about his reuniting with Tina. It reminds me of the peak of the Party arc in terms of sheer kinetic energy, and I'm very curious what happens next.

(Also, if there was anyone in Achewood who could ride the mechanical bull on Turbo and walk away, it'd be Lyle.)
Logged

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Blogs thread - week of October 11
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2004, 10:53:04 pm »

Now I feel like having crab for dinner. Unfortunately, I live in a cold, dry climate and the local garbage men don't show any indication of going on strike any time soon.

Sigh... Oh well.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Blogs thread - week of October 11
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2004, 03:13:04 am »

I was kind of sad that after I read Ray's blog that there wasn't a post-party update from Beef and/or Molly to tie up that storyline.
Logged

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
Blogs thread - week of October 11
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2004, 03:56:34 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
It reminds me of the peak of the Party arc in terms of sheer kinetic energy, and I'm very curious what happens next.



sig offically changed.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Blogs thread - week of October 11
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2004, 03:00:37 pm »

Agreed, the C&W party is fan-fuck*ng-tastic.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
Blogs thread - week of October 11
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2004, 09:08:03 pm »

"Haunted Lumberyard" would be a great band name, let's admit that right now.
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Blogs thread - week of October 11
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2004, 01:06:17 pm »

Awwwww.  I love you too, Philippe.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Silverberg

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 77
    • View Profile
Blogs thread - week of October 11
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2004, 07:45:58 pm »

I just want to hug the crap out of Philippe. That is a great goddamn blog entry.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Blogs thread - week of October 11
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2004, 02:53:48 am »

I didn't say it earlier, but Ray's latest re: the C&W party is a masterpiece.  Just beautiful writing.  Kudos, Chris.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Blogs thread - week of October 11
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2004, 07:19:30 am »

I'm really liking how self-important all of Pat's entries are. And I have to say, I'm shocked, SHOCKED, to learn that Pat has high blood pressure.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!
Pages: [1]   Go Up