Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris waited all day for the Comcast repair guy, and he never showed up. What is he supposed to do with this cream pie?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Achewood Book - Cover from Amazon.com  (Read 1700 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Achewood Book - Cover from Amazon.com
« on: October 11, 2004, 07:23:10 am »

I don't know how long this has been changed from the originally posted cover but anyway here's a link to the amazon.com cover image, which looks nifty:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0975380869.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Also, this is what the little image would look like if they were selling it at 99% off:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0975380869.01-ATVPDKIKX0DER._PE99_PI_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Achewood Book - Cover from Amazon.com
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2004, 03:06:16 pm »

I don't think I'd read the book if I saw it in a store without prior acquaintance with Achewood.
Logged
goose means greedy

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood Book - Cover from Amazon.com
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2004, 03:20:14 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Also, this is what the little image would look like if they were selling it at 99% off:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0975380869.01-ATVPDKIKX0DER._PE99_PI_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg


????

amazon "auto" sets up for 99% off for merchandise?  i'm confused.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

V-Adore

  • Guest
Achewood Book - Cover from Amazon.com
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2004, 03:42:05 pm »

As an Achewood fan, I think this is a fairly nifty cover. If I were a non-fan, I think I might find it a little too "busy" without actually giving me much real information about the strip; it would catch my eye, though, which is probably half the battle.

(The strips chosen seem fairly arbitrary, though. What's up with the "born with armpit hair" bit?)
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Achewood Book - Cover from Amazon.com
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2004, 07:31:19 pm »

I don't know, I just think Onstad's got a Guns 'N Roses fixation no one's noticed yet.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Achewood Book - Cover from Amazon.com
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2004, 07:52:16 pm »

Yeah, I was going to mention that but I didn't want to be accused of calling him a plagiarist or something.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Achewood Book - Cover from Amazon.com
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2004, 08:02:21 pm »

I thought it would be funny to Photoshop various Achewood character faces into the cover of Appetite for Destruction.  Then, after about two minutes of looking through the archives, I realized how hard it would be to find strips where any character's face is viewed entirely from the front.
Oh well.
Logged

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
Achewood Book - Cover from Amazon.com
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2004, 03:41:48 am »

Quote from: "Limmo"
I thought it would be funny to Photoshop various Achewood character faces into the cover of Appetite for Destruction.  Then, after about two minutes of looking through the archives, I realized how hard it would be to find strips where any character's face is viewed entirely from the front.
Oh well.


This is the shit that makes us all just not want to go on...
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?
Pages: [1]   Go Up