Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Trains are saying "hello".  All this time, we just snub them.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Halloween costume ideas...  (Read 9885 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Halloween costume ideas...
« on: October 12, 2004, 09:53:40 pm »

So I just got invited to a wedding on October 31.  The reception is a costume party.  

Any ideas for a costume?  At five months pregnant, I'd like to use the belly in some respect, but seeing as how it's not massive and basketball-esque yet, I think it's a bit early to paint it like a pumpkin.  

I thought I'd throw this out to you guys since you're some of the more creative people I happen to know.  I'll try and post a belly picture later so you can see what we have to work with.  

Thanks in advance.  I know you guys will come through.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Chris Onstad

  • Mr. Achewood
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 119
    • View Profile
    • http://www.achewood.com
Halloween costume ideas...
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2004, 10:21:25 pm »

AAAAARTHUR
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Halloween costume ideas...
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2004, 01:10:16 am »

Demi Moore?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Halloween costume ideas...
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2004, 01:23:04 am »

I haven't thought of any ideas yet. But I really want to be friends with people who'd have this kind of wedding reception.  I am very jealous.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Halloween costume ideas...
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2004, 02:01:00 pm »

Catholic schoolgirl.
Logged

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
Halloween costume ideas...
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2004, 04:34:07 pm »

Quote from: "superock101"
Catholic schoolgirl.


Hell yes! Especially with a preggers belly.  Also, what wombat said.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Halloween costume ideas...
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2004, 04:49:31 pm »

I'm not going to tell you how many times the thought of being a Nun has crossed my mind.  

But for a wedding, that seems terribly inappropriate.  

As does the pregnant bride.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
Halloween costume ideas...
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2004, 04:13:12 am »

Guys, guys, the whole pregnant nun/schoolgirl thing is hella played out. Now, jl, if you dressed as a preist, and had like some little boy legs sticking out beneth yr frock or whatever they call it, now that's a little more timely., but not by much. and prolly NSFWedding.

um, how about an arnie mask? what was that movie called?

or just a thing as simple a a NARAL t-shirt or a pro-choice type sign. That would cause a some of the not so bright some definite double-take action.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Halloween costume ideas...
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2004, 01:42:57 pm »

You could carry around a flask full of "booze" and go on and on about how pregnancy has driven you to drink more than ever.

Then, when people get hoppin' mad, you reveal that you're simply playing a character (to draw attention to the problem of drinking during pregnancy) and that your flask is actually full of nourishing beef broth.

Or get a giant top hat to cover your head/arms, paint your belly to look like a whistling face and dance around.  That stuff always got a laff on America's Funniest People, so it's probably still funny today.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Halloween costume ideas...
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2004, 04:29:33 am »

Get you a space marine uniform and have the alien head bursting out of your mid-section.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Halloween costume ideas...
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2004, 03:14:07 am »

I have always thought that the maternity BDUs were pretty rad.  If I were you, I would go as the badass tank commander who is nearly-ready-for-maternity-leave.  Woodland or desert camo BDUs (battle dress uniform), sleeves rolled up, bitter, angry, and decorated.  

I used to joke with my ex that he was going to have to carry the babies SUCH AS A MALE SEAhoss DOES, since I was not down with the whole pregnancy thing.  I explained that I'd get some crazy scientist to come up with "the pouch" that would enable JT to carry the fetus to term.  He could get GI maternity BDUs and run around in those. (in case you are not up to speed, my ex-fiance was in the Army and did a tour in Iraq).
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Halloween costume ideas...
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2004, 05:28:58 am »

make a maternity outfit with a 'viewing bubble' (tm)'; float a baby doll in some thick clear liquid and walk around with that over your belly. Extra points if you use an African American baby doll or a chucky doll giving everyone the finger. or some kind of reptilain scaly thing would be cool too.
Logged

Acanthopagrus

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 42
    • View Profile
Halloween costume ideas...
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2004, 07:26:00 am »

Perhaps dressing so that your tummy looks like a beer belly?

Lederhosen and a mustache? - German

perhaps a singlet, shorts, flip flops, terrytoweling hat? - Ozzie
Logged
keh?

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
Halloween costume ideas...
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2004, 02:24:22 pm »

I saw a cute picture of a pregnant lady who had painted a baby in scuba gear peering through a "porthole" on her belly.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Halloween costume ideas...
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2004, 04:01:26 pm »

Do you watch Farscape? You could go as Commandant Grayza.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up