Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HIDE YOUR SHAME
by wearing new t-shirts from Word Front Wares. Shroud yourself in pure unadulterated awesome.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Halloween costume ideas...  (Read 9899 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Halloween costume ideas...
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2004, 09:55:18 pm »

Quote from: "I"
Do you watch Farscape? You could go as Commandant Grayza.

I finally found a picture.

3 over, 3 down

And here she is before. Top row, far right.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Halloween costume ideas...
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2004, 01:22:22 pm »

Well, in spite of the neat suggestions, a cool idea came to me this morning in a dream, and I think I'm going to use it if I can figure out exactly how to make it work.  And if we end up going to the wedding.  (We might not go, it's complicated.)  I think Pedro's going to go as a married man, and me & Pierce are going to go as the old ball & chain.  Guess which one's the ball?  

Construction suggestions welcome.  I'm thinking dressing in all black with silver chains from his ankle to my belly (with enough slack to sling over my shoulders) and some kind of silver belly-cover will do the trick.  And of course I'll pretend to "carry" the ball around.  This may be the first year I do all my Halloween preparation at Lowe's.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
Halloween costume ideas...
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2004, 03:10:31 pm »

Cute, but sounds like a recipe for pulling the pregnant lady off her feet accidentally.  Maybe if the chain went to Pedro's wrist or neck instead?
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Halloween costume ideas...
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2004, 08:48:55 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Well, in spite of the neat suggestions, a cool idea came to me this morning in a dream, and I think I'm going to use it if I can figure out exactly how to make it work.  And if we end up going to the wedding.  (We might not go, it's complicated.)  I think Pedro's going to go as a married man, and me & Pierce are going to go as the old ball & chain.  Guess which one's the ball?  

Construction suggestions welcome.  I'm thinking dressing in all black with silver chains from his ankle to my belly (with enough slack to sling over my shoulders) and some kind of silver belly-cover will do the trick.  And of course I'll pretend to "carry" the ball around.  This may be the first year I do all my Halloween preparation at Lowe's.

How's construction going? When do we get pictuers?

I assume everybody will post pics of their costumes, though. Right? RIGHT?
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Halloween costume ideas...
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2004, 09:39:24 pm »

My costume will be half-assed, spur-of-the-moment, and inside-jokey -- since I already have a ram-horn hat, I will spend Halloween as the tiny goat, provided I can find fake fur stuff tomorrow.

I may post pictures anyway.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Halloween costume ideas...
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2004, 09:46:49 pm »

cut one horn off, go as a Shofar and see if anyone blows you.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Halloween costume ideas...
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2004, 09:55:30 pm »

I totally half-assed mine as well. I tried to see what I could come up with between the time I woke up and went to work so I decided to go for the Chainsaw Vigilante. Picture to come.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Halloween costume ideas...
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2004, 03:35:51 am »

Quote from: "jldunston"
So I just got invited to a wedding on October 31.  The reception is a costume party.  

Any ideas for a costume?  At five months pregnant, I'd like to use the belly in some respect, but seeing as how it's not massive and basketball-esque yet, I think it's a bit early to paint it like a pumpkin.  

I thought I'd throw this out to you guys since you're some of the more creative people I happen to know.  I'll try and post a belly picture later so you can see what we have to work with.  

Thanks in advance.  I know you guys will come through.


Take some carpet tubes, flatten one end, and paint them green, and put them on your hands. Drape green velvet over the rest of you. Make some antennae out of  coat hangers and styrofoam balls. Dangle some legs   off the side. Go as a praying mantis. You've just eaten Pedro.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Halloween costume ideas...
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2004, 04:06:00 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
My costume will be half-assed, spur-of-the-moment, and inside-jokey -- since I already have a ram-horn hat, I will spend Halloween as the tiny goat, provided I can find fake fur stuff tomorrow.

I may post pictures anyway.


Awesome.
I don't think I have the energy to come up with a costume: I kicked off my Hallowe'en weekend by synching up Wizard of Oz with Dark Side of the Moon (as that needed to happen at some point during The College Years) with a friend.  It wasn't working that well so we went and got forties of strong beer.  It ended badly for me.
Logged
goose means greedy

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Halloween costume ideas...
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2004, 04:41:07 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
My costume will be half-assed, spur-of-the-moment, and inside-jokey -- since I already have a ram-horn hat, I will spend Halloween as the tiny goat, provided I can find fake fur stuff tomorrow.

I may post pictures anyway.

I was going to ask you to hook me up, but I found this.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Halloween costume ideas...
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2004, 08:26:26 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
My costume will be half-assed, spur-of-the-moment, and inside-jokey -- since I already have a ram-horn hat, I will spend Halloween as the tiny goat, provided I can find fake fur stuff tomorrow.

I may post pictures anyway.


I.....I love you?

I was first going to go as Catman (I had a catwoman fetish mask), then as a Zombie Punk (I have a mohawk, a Germs t-shirt, and a bite-mark scar on my arm). But then, I was buying a bathrobe yesterday when my sister called me to tell me I should go as "The Dude," from the Big Lebowski. I took it as a sign from above.

Everyone needs to post pics.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Halloween costume ideas...
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2004, 09:27:53 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"

Everyone needs to post pics.


I am being an old curmudgeon this year, as last, and before that...
I may have to get round to getting a picture of my coat though, as if I had gotten it in red, I would probably go as Vash. It just doesn't really count since I wear it anyway...

- Tomorrow. One of them kind of came out, but you can't make out the coat and I just look like I'm auditioning for the Matrix (and not even the first one)!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Halloween costume ideas...
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2004, 03:03:22 am »

Well, someone needs to start this off...

A moderately poor-quality picture of my Trick-or-Treating group. I'm the one in the ram-horn helmet and all the fake fur. (This costume was ridiculously spur-of-the-moment and pretty bad, but hey!) The general lack of pose and photo-apathy was the result of my friend's digital camera, which refused to take a picture for quite a while; when it did, we were all glancing away/had our eyes closed/had given up our poses, so the picture was a smidge crap.

Sadly, I did not manage to get a "SUICIDE IS NOT AN OPTION FOR ME" sign finished before this mad ruckus.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Halloween costume ideas...
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2004, 04:13:36 am »

Did someone say, just before taking that photo, "Okay, when I get to three, close your eyes!"

A handsome group of costumes, however, will always garner more candy.

I live in the ghetto, where no one believes they need to dress up, say "trick or treat" to get some candy, or say "thanks" when they've gotten it. Verrrrrry disheartening. It really makes it feel a lot more like the protection money it actually is.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Halloween costume ideas...
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2004, 01:05:53 pm »

Don't have a photo, but I ended up dressing up in my own clothes in such a way that would make it sort of look as though I was wearing a costume; hence I was "trashy-in-a-vaguely-eighties-kind-of-way", even though I rather dislike the whole female phenomenon of "Gee, I don't really have a costume... guess I'll just wear less clothes than usual".  Unfortunately it was cold and rainy.  
My friend was likewise at a loss for a costume until he noticed that he was tall, thin, and wearing a red and white striped shirt and plastic-framed glasses, at which point he was Waldo.  Oddly, we met another Waldo on the metro and a third on the way to the same party as us.
Logged
goose means greedy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up