Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

It sounds to me like you haven't read the Sex Rulebook! The first rule of Sex is that everybody can always get it on. Man, go for it! Awesome! Awesome! -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Halloween costume ideas...  (Read 9903 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

The_Feral_Love_Mammal

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2
    • View Profile
Halloween costume ideas...
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2004, 10:47:33 pm »

I forgot that it was Halloween, and thus didn't have a costume. Later, at a block party there was a costume contest. I entered myself as an apathetic teenager (I'm fifteen), and won. Two free movie tickets for me and my girlfriend. Very sweet.
Logged
Arrrhh! Me hates ye!

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Halloween costume ideas...
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2004, 11:03:09 pm »

Ditto Choops comment. The thing I hated most in Chicago was the roving groups of uncostumed older teenagers running the candy shakedown racket. We should be allowed to rocksalt the little bastards.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Halloween costume ideas...
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2004, 01:24:52 am »

Quote from: "The_Feral_Love_Mammal"
I forgot that it was Halloween, and thus didn't have a costume. Later, at a block party there was a costume contest. I entered myself as an apathetic teenager (I'm fifteen), and won. Two free movie tickets for me and my girlfriend. Very sweet.

This is the most excellent thing.

As for the "costumed/uncostumed" thing -- I understand that it's beneficial for the older segments of the Trick-or-Treating population to actually wear costumes, but there's also an immense sense of shame connected. Not only are you extorting candy from people (sometimes people much younger than you, if it's a house where a little kid answers), you're doing it in such a way that, were it not for some vague assurance of holiday asylum, you'd get stared at and possibly targeted with rocks. That said, it's still fun.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Halloween costume ideas...
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2004, 01:31:24 am »

People over 15 should not trick or treat. If you didn't get invited to a cool party, you're a loser and I'm not giving you any of the candy I bought for the cute little kids. And if you try any pranks, I'll shoot you in the face.
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Halloween costume ideas...
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2004, 01:35:37 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
People over 15 should not trick or treat. If you didn't get invited to a cool party, you're a loser and I'm not giving you any of the candy I bought for the cute little kids. And if you try any pranks, I'll shoot you in the face.


*swoon*  marry me!

seriously, thank you for making me snort in mirthful emotion.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

V-Adore

  • Guest
Halloween costume ideas...
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2004, 01:45:06 am »

I entirely accept your thesis, AD, except for the part involving cool parties. To be invited to a cool party would involve one actually existing around here, which is basically never the case; parties around here are all either "sit around and drink desperately in an attempt to forget you have a paper due" or "dance to hideous music and pretend you don't have a paper due." Trick-or-treating is goddamned respectable.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Halloween costume ideas...
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2004, 01:47:29 am »

Why don't you just climb up that mountain and sing some songs? That seems like the event of the year out there.

Better yet, transfer to Ohio University in Athens, Ohio. They have the God-damndest halloween there. Usually a lot of arrests.
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Halloween costume ideas...
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2004, 02:08:27 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"

Better yet, transfer to Ohio University in Athens, Ohio. They have the God-damndest halloween there. Usually a lot of arrests.


is that where the haunted old scary psychiatric hospital is?  it was spooky.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Halloween costume ideas...
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2004, 02:20:26 am »

Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Halloween costume ideas...
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2004, 02:29:55 am »

I would go up the mountain, but
a) Inertia, and
b) if this year's a capella groups were any indication, the only thing you're allowed to sing on the mountain anymore are hideous breakup songs. Blah.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Halloween costume ideas...
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2004, 02:36:49 am »

What about "I am a Man of Constant Sorrow"?
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Halloween costume ideas...
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2004, 03:00:39 am »

No, no, see, "I Am a Man of Constant Sorrow" would be moderately cool. I'm talking about, like, "It Must Have Been Love (But It's Over Now)," which kind of sucks the air right out of a fun day in the outdoors.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Halloween costume ideas...
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2004, 04:30:17 pm »

Maybe you could sing "Broken Wings."
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Halloween costume ideas...
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2004, 04:34:09 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Yep

Wait a minute. Fountain, home to aligators in the 1950s? They can't just write that and not have an explanation.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Halloween costume ideas...
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2004, 07:31:25 pm »

I guess they want you to buy the book.

I would think that the mingling of Alligators and Mental Patients would have results not terribly different from Tequila and Machetes.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up