Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Okay, Okay, enough of all that. New strip Wednesday afternoon. "  See, we shoulda took bets.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Why would you do this? (The Dragon)  (Read 6249 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
Why would you do this? (The Dragon)
« on: October 13, 2004, 07:30:43 pm »

I post this against my better judgement.  Because really, what has my better judgement done for me recently?  Huh?  That's right.  Nothing.

WARNING: What follows is a recipe for disaster.  Do not do this unless you want to see a relatively disturbing image of a masculine member.  This is not safe for work.  This is not for small or even medium children.

Step 1: Go to images.google.com.
Step 2: Turn Safe Search off.
Step 3: Search for "dragon c*ck" (without quotation marks).
Step 4: Look at the first two results.
Step 6: Discuss.

Step 4.5 is "Shudder.", and Step 7 is "Avoid calling me the c*ck man.  I get enough of that at work."
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Why would you do this? (The Dragon)
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2004, 07:39:48 pm »

Wow, that must have hurt like a bitch. Bets that alcohol and/or a bet were involved in that particular decision-making process?
Logged

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Why would you do this? (The Dragon)
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2004, 08:23:06 pm »

I can't imagine that the decision to do that was anything other than well thought out.  That is not the sort of thing one does on a dare.  

Unfortunately, I have seen much much worse.
Logged

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
Why would you do this? (The Dragon)
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2004, 08:29:09 pm »

JL brought up an interesting point in conversation.  Wouldn't his soldier have to be at attention in order to recieve this particular decoration?  How would that work?  Would drugs necessarily have to be involved?
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Why would you do this? (The Dragon)
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2004, 08:29:15 pm »

What, so I gotta be the one to ask?

Pedro, what the hell were you doing at work searching for "dragon c*ck" on Google images?  

Is it because of a problem?

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
Why would you do this? (The Dragon)
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2004, 09:01:20 pm »

I was on NCSU's message board thingy The Wolf Web.  I browse through the college students' photos for amusing or attractive images.  I found the dragon.  I showed it to JL.  Later she recommended I post it.  I said that wouldn't be a good idea.  I'm 'c*ck-man' to enough people, I don't need that reputation here.  She rattled off four or five predicted responses from the denizens of this board and generally lulled me into thinking that posting this would make me a god among men.  I told her there was no way I'd find it again.  To prove it, I did the above image search.  When it worked, I had to post it.  Damn Google and all their helpful ways.

Predictably, I blame the wife.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Why would you do this? (The Dragon)
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2004, 09:28:27 pm »

Step 1a: Close dorm room door.

Jesus.  If you click the first link, the rest of the page that it's on is actually worse.  The c*ck in question is just sort of geeky, because it's obviously something you'd have to warn someone about before you got your ##### off.  Unless you were just known around town as the dragon c*ck guy, which is probably a lot worse.
Logged
goose means greedy

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Why would you do this? (The Dragon)
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2004, 12:03:51 am »

Quote from: "Pedro Picasso"
I'm 'c*ck-man' to enough people, I don't need that reputation here.


Fear not; I will forever be known as Bozack. I think the best forum moment was when I spoke to JL on her birthday, and she just said, "Bozack?"
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Why would you do this? (The Dragon)
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2004, 02:56:49 am »

Whee!  

I'm so glad you posted this, Pedro.  And I'm glad Jough responded precisely as predicted.  I believe the exact phrase I used yesterday was "Snarkily amused."  

Also, leave it to V to take the academic approach.   :wink:

You guys never let me down.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

V-Adore

  • Guest
Why would you do this? (The Dragon)
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2004, 03:01:11 am »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Whee!  

I'm so glad you posted this, Pedro.  And I'm glad Jough responded precisely as predicted.  I believe the exact phrase I used yesterday was "Snarkily amused."  

Also, leave it to V to take the academic approach.   :wink:

You guys never let me down.

I think I may have been insufficiently ambivalent, but ah well. I will try harder next time to have no particular opinion!
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Why would you do this? (The Dragon)
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2004, 06:27:56 pm »

Ouch.  Ooh.  Ow.  Aaargh.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Why would you do this? (The Dragon)
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2004, 07:38:13 pm »

Yeah, come to think of it, I'm pretty glad not to have much in the way of a concrete idea of how much that would hurt.
Logged
goose means greedy

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Why would you do this? (The Dragon)
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2004, 09:25:36 pm »

They say it hurts the closer to the bone it is...


Sorry.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Why would you do this? (The Dragon)
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2004, 10:40:51 pm »

I can see Pat, all riding his (relatively) recent ab-tastic physical reinvention, doing this, only maybe something like Yggdrasil as opposed to a garden variety dragon ("The popular conception of dragons is a JOKE!" as a possible blog header).
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Why would you do this? (The Dragon)
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2004, 12:26:14 am »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
I can see Pat, all riding his (relatively) recent ab-tastic physical reinvention, doing this, only maybe something like Yggdrasil as opposed to a garden variety dragon ("The popular conception of dragons is a JOKE!" as a possible blog header).

I ended up having to Google that, and it took me to a series of articles at pantheon.org which read like a Who's Who of Final Fantasy Beings with Grotesquely Long Animation Sequences That You Can't Skip.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up