Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Trains are saying "hello".  All this time, we just snub them.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004  (Read 15864 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2004, 04:31:32 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
My favorite is "Fox in Socks."

And when tweedle beetles battle with their paddles in a bottle and the bottle's on a poodle and the poodle's eating noodles...


I attended a David Byrne concert in the late 90's, and I swear he was wearing a thneed.

Logged

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2004, 04:41:29 pm »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
I attended a David Byrne concert in the late 90's, and I swear he was wearing a thneed.


I think I know what you're talking about.  We saw him at Music Midtown in Atlanta a few years back and he started the show in a cotton-candy pink suit made out of what looked like stuffed-animal plush fabric.  Then he changed into a kilt.  For his encore, he came back out in a "visible man" skin-suit and sang "Psycho Killer".
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2004, 04:44:28 pm »

Quote from: "Va"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
I attended a David Byrne concert in the late 90's, and I swear he was wearing a thneed.


I think I know what you're talking about.  We saw him at Music Midtown in Atlanta a few years back and he started the show in a cotton-candy pink suit made out of what looked like stuffed-animal plush fabric.  Then he changed into a kilt.  For his encore, he came back out in a "visible man" skin-suit and sang "Psycho Killer".


Yes, that is exactly what happened at our concert.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2004, 12:55:00 am »

I would not, could not in a boat
I could not, would not with a goat
I will not eat them in the rain
I do not like them on a train
Not with a fox
Not in a box
Not with a penis
Not in a house
I do not like them here or there
I do not like them anywhere
I do not like green eggs and ham
I do not like them Sam-I-Am.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2004, 12:58:39 am »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"

I attended a David Byrne concert in the late 90's, and I swear he was wearing a thneed.



When I saw him at Bonnaroo, he was wearing a white, long-sleeve button-up shirt under a black cover-all. It was awesome.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

ndpatel

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 132
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sixtyeights.com
Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2004, 07:34:17 am »

i'm just not going to let this thread die.

for some reason, having the words 'magical sex blokes' at the top of the topic index is on point.

also on point: dr. suess was a raging asshole who hated kids. ask anyone who ever had anything to do with dartmouth. it's like their thing, or something. something comes up about dartmouth, they say they went there, and then they tell you dr. suess was a dick.

awesome.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2004, 03:49:07 pm »

Quote from: "ndpatel"
i'm just not going to let this thread die.

for some reason, having the words 'magical sex blokes' at the top of the topic index is on point.

also on point: dr. suess was a raging asshole who hated kids. ask anyone who ever had anything to do with dartmouth. it's like their thing, or something. something comes up about dartmouth, they say they went there, and then they tell you dr. suess was a dick.

awesome.


Let me present to you Dr. Seuss Goes to War

Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2004, 04:55:38 pm »

Formica

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 205
    • View Profile
Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2004, 06:04:27 pm »

Ted Geisel was also very vocal in political cartoons during the run up to the war, an interventionist who felt the isolationist wing of Congress was both turning its back on the suffering of Europe and endangering the nation by ignoring the Nazi/Imperial threat:



This is the only one I can find right now - there's alot more of them floating around out there somewhere.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2004, 09:07:19 pm »

Quote from: "ndpatel"
i'm just not going to let this thread die.

for some reason, having the words 'magical sex blokes' at the top of the topic index is on point.

also on point: dr. suess was a raging asshole who hated kids. ask anyone who ever had anything to do with dartmouth. it's like their thing, or something. something comes up about dartmouth, they say they went there, and then they tell you dr. suess was a dick.

awesome.


Every creative genius I've ever known was a dick. And half the people out there have issues with children and the basic problem in most of them is a lack of patience or a disagreeable jealousy that any kid should have fun during childhood since theirs sucked rocks.

Dr Seuss was awesome as a creator of books and now he's dead. Getting fired up over other people's opinions regarding his personality is pretty silly.
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2004, 09:14:10 pm »

Quote from: "ndpatel"

also on point: dr. suess was a raging asshole who hated kids. ask anyone who ever had anything to do with dartmouth. it's like their thing, or something. something comes up about dartmouth, they say they went there, and then they tell you dr. suess was a dick.

awesome.


i never knew dr. suess was a dick,
but i did know that robert frost didn't finish college there.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2004, 09:21:59 pm »

Robert Frost was a dick too.

There may be something to creative geniuses being dicks...

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2004, 09:32:31 pm »

Arthur Fiedler was a dick who hated children. So was W.C. Fields.
Logged

ndpatel

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 132
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sixtyeights.com
Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
« Reply #73 on: October 21, 2004, 09:57:51 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
There may be something to creative geniuses being dicks...


is that why there aren't any good girl bands?

ZING!
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
I don't really mean it, but opportunity just begs I say it
« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2004, 11:07:36 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Robert Frost was a dick too.

There may be something to creative geniuses being dicks...


Being a dick to Onstad won't make your poetry any better, Jough ...
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up